"NEW KNIFE CHALLENGE!"

Had my eyes on a Mikov.

241nrd1b700.jpg

totally Enbloc's fault.

That cochise looks nice - nice big grip.
BHK had one called the pitbull .But, they must have changed owners cuz they've got nothing but crap now. EDIT: Their site has updated....but not the old models I liked. But they have nice sheaths.

Here's what must be an old image.
-now i have to go see who still may have one.
iu

Frikkin Enbloc

-actually, that Cochise make the pitbull look like a schnauzer.
lol

Last edited:
Recently pulled the trigger on a Benchmade 87. As usual- I had no problems stomaching the price of the knife but no way in hell was I paying for anything other than ground shipping. I'll get it by Christmas if I'm lucky!

bm87.PNG

Frikkin Enbloc

-actually, that Cochise make the pitbull look like a schnauzer.
lol
My only turn-off is the location of the double-jimping. Looks rough...
The Antique White scales look nice though.
Fat Blade!
1601641372330.png

Reviewers seem to not mind them though.
This guy tested it for 6 weeks...

Last edited:
Had my eyes on a Mikov.

241nrd1b700.jpg

I bought this Mikov on Ebay in 2004. Pretty sure Ebay doesn’t sell auto knives anymore! I bought a few extra springs for it but never had to replace the original. Tough knife for sure. I carried this at work for years.
9A10C870-9314-484A-B6A9-C55D394B435A.jpeg

I need one of these Bucks
View attachment 395380

I bought this 110 auto at the Marlboro Gun show in 07 or so. This was a regular 110 from the factory that had been converted to auto by some company that started doing them before Buck even made an auto 110, as far as I know. There’s a really interesting story behind this one.
1094A1A7-5388-4C4A-9B66-1C041A16B7D9.jpeg

Recently pulled the trigger on a Benchmade 87.
View attachment 395420

And here is my Benchmade model 30 my father bought me waaaaay back when I first started carrying a knife. I think maybe ‘89 or ‘90. I was 9 or 10. This knife spent a lot of time in my hip pocket over the years. It was with me on many a f*cked up night.
7B7B8739-BE47-4FA9-A810-A6C0E9FDC34D.jpeg

I know OP said NEW knives but I couldn’t resist a trip down memory lane while I’m wide awake with insomnia!
;)
Happy knife hunting, my friends.

Nice Buck 45. What was the story behind it? I’ve only had a few automatics, one was a stiletto I had in the Navy I got over in Italy. The other was a Benchmade “Navy seals knife” with no markings on it. I wish I still had that one. AFO sterile I guess they called them. Here’s a pic from the web.
BDB09CEA-6009-4794-B4AB-B4F20C34C995.png

Last edited:
That Buck knife was in one of my orange vest pockets during shotgun deer hunting years ago when I was out on a drive with a group of buddies. I was crawling through thickets of briars and low branches in the middle of a particularly difficult marsh island one day and didn’t notice the knife had fallen out til I was out in the open again. There was no way I was going back for it.
A year later we were doing the same drive and one my buddies found it. It had been submerged in salt water by who knows how many extreme high tides during that year, and it wouldn’t even open. Soaked it in Kroil for days, slowly worked it loose and blew out all the crud and rust, put some CLP in there and you’d never know it spent a year outside. Another tough knife!
I only carry a sheathed fixed blade during deer season now.

Yea, that looks like full 1/4 stock.
I have a bark river that's the full 1/4" - beast!
Listed as 3/16" in the spec's. I think that is the raw blade width before the thick coating is added and makes it look a full 1/4. But who knows...?

Last knife i bought is this Maine Knife Company Guide knife. I actually wanted a very similar Randall but didn’t want to wait 5 years for it.View attachment 395932View attachment 395933

Nice! The handle reminds me of an '80s restaurant booth, in a good way.

As a Randall guy who owns quite a few of them, I'll be the first to say the wait time and pricing are out of whack. I'd suggest contacting Behring Made out in Montana; they're what Randall was, about four or five decades ago. I've had amazing comms, pricing, and quality from there, with a timeline of weeks instead of years. I'm not affiliated; just a satisfied customer.

So what’s the deal with boot knives? I assume I need one since I don’t have one.

I've got a couple. They're fine, but they're like ankle-carried guns: they work really well in certain specific situations, but the drawbacks are many. They're super-hard to get to, and unless you've got a good way to fasten them down securely they can jostle out of position.

I feel as though any decent boot knife can probably be carried just as easily (and almost as concealably) IWB.

welp, i guess my next one may be this:
20190621_140057-scaled.jpg

Big Jay

I bought a Bark river Bravo for chopping chores but, the handle isn't for me. Too thin/wiggley.
bravo_1_5_a2_desert_ironwood_red_liners_1_ksf_359_95__43069.1426109593.jpg

Buy Bark River Knives - Bravo 1.5 - Ships Free

So, in order to be as safe as possible :cool:, I may have to press the button on the Jay.
However, I'm not sure the smooth cut of the convex grind of the bark river can be matched.

Back
Top Bottom