New Jersey men playing with fireworks were shot

Reptile

NES Member
Two young men in New Jersey are recovering Wednesday after being struck multiple times in an officer-involved shooting that reportedly unfolded around the time they were setting off fireworks.

A group of police officers were patrolling a housing complex in Jersey City late Monday night when an "incident occurred which resulted in all three police officers discharging their weapons," Hudson County Prosecutor Esther Suarez said in a statement Tuesday.

She added that preliminary investigations revealed "fireworks were being shot in the area of this incident" and that both victims, ages 21 and 19, received medical treatment after suffering non-life threatening injuries.

The 21-year-old was identified by Pix11 as Davonte Moore, a football player at Iowa Western Community College. His mother told the station her son was shot three times in the legs and that she fears he will never take the field again.

New Jersey men playing with fireworks were shot multiple times by police, reports say

ctyp+twin+cities+cops+startled.jpg

Imagine a world where my coworkers and myself could just shoot people for no reason...

In theory all I need to do is “feel threatened”, not an actual threat.... just my emotions getting away from me.... sounds like every shooting could be justified.

This whole incedent reeks of “didn’t do nothing”..

They should have a test to root out the people prone to pants shitting and contagious fire.

Should have the hero cop from the last video teach the coarse

I think I’ll wait for the rest of the story to come out before pointing a finger at anyone in this case, I’d like to see what the fine young men of that hood were actually doing with the fireworks before being fired upon themselves. Your opinions may vary.

I think I’ll wait for the rest of the story to come out before pointing a finger at anyone in this case, I’d like to see what the fine young men of that hood were actually doing with the fireworks before being fired upon themselves. Your opinions may vary.

What do you suggest they could have been doing in which shooting them was an appropriate course of action?

What do you suggest they could have been doing in which shooting them was an appropriate course of action?

I’m not suggesting anything. Just waiting to see if the whole story comes out and see if it then makes any more sense as to the actions taken.

I do find it funny how a lot of people here (not saying you as you’re pretty steady with your criticisms, and I’m actually ok with that, you do it with conviction and facts to back up your disdain, I’ll even add that having worked with police for 23 yrs, I’m not a big fan of them either) but a lot of folks here are always saying “the dindus” and “just turning their lives around” but all of a sudden they’re good boys now because a bigger boogeyman entered the room? I guess that was my point.

Opinions vary based on experiences, that’ll never change, and the more I read your posts’ (I do read them actually and agree with you a lot of times) the more apt I am to listen to your side of it in a respectful conversation, I’m not afraid to learn, but we’re both going to be a little biased here, so time will tell.

’m not a big fan of them either) but a lot of folks here are always saying “the dindus” and “just turning their lives around” but all of a sudden they’re good boys now because a bigger boogeyman entered the room? I guess that was my point.

I guess I don’t get your point then. Even assuming they are terrible people, that doesn’t justify being shot. They had to have actually been doing something that justifies being shot. Shooting fireworks isn’t one of those somethings. Which is why I asked.

I guess I don’t get your point then. Even assuming they are terrible people, that doesn’t justify being shot. They had to have actually been doing something that justifies being shot. Shooting fireworks isn’t one of those somethings. Which is why I asked.

Understood and agreed, that’s why I’m waiting for more information before believing that 3 different cops opened fire for no reason other than black and fireworks. I’d like to see if there’s some key piece of evidence or actions we’re missing before condemning them all as other folks already have.

Crazy coincidence... I had never heard of Iowa Western Community College until one of my employees (just graduated HS) was recruited there on a full track scholarship.

Depends
One of those mortar shells can mess you up pretty bad if it's aimed at you.
More than a couple of people end up in the ER every year.
That would be worth some return fire.
Or the cops were just trigger happy.
We'll find out.

Two young men in New Jersey are recovering Wednesday after being struck multiple times in an officer-involved shooting that reportedly unfolded around the time they were setting off fireworks.

A group of police officers were patrolling a housing complex in Jersey City late Monday night when an "incident occurred which resulted in all three police officers discharging their weapons," Hudson County Prosecutor Esther Suarez said in a statement Tuesday.

She added that preliminary investigations revealed "fireworks were being shot in the area of this incident" and that both victims, ages 21 and 19, received medical treatment after suffering non-life threatening injuries.

The 21-year-old was identified by Pix11 as Davonte Moore, a football player at Iowa Western Community College. His mother told the station her son was shot three times in the legs and that she fears he will never take the field again.

New Jersey men playing with fireworks were shot multiple times by police, reports say

Which is why all fireworks should be illegal!!

Imagine a world where my coworkers and myself could just shoot people for no reason...

In theory all I need to do is “feel threatened”, not an actual threat.... just my emotions getting away from me.... sounds like every shooting could be justified.

This whole incedent reeks of “didn’t do nothing”..

They should have a test to root out the people prone to pants shitting and contagious fire.

Should have the hero cop from the last video teach the coarse
No no no, it’s ‘din do nuffin’

Back
Top Bottom