• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Jersey medical school professor charged with illegal assault rifle

VetteGirlMA

NES Member
Goydos' salary is $437,504, according to public records..

They executed a search warrant too.
WTF did he do to have a search warrant issued?
You'd think he'd keep his nose clean and protect that salary.
Probably grew weed.

What a crock. the guns at least 30 years old and has never been used to harm anyone.

I wonder if it was weed, cancer doctor and all.
The article would be laughable if it wasnt so sad.

Thank you to the brave heroes for making this country a safer place for the children. Clearly this guy enjoyed cutting people up so who knows how many people he has already killed throughout his life.

Last edited:
MGnoob....The only harm being caused is the mental anguish of the scared and insecure folks that follow social media as their new reality that are terrified by personal freedom.

Does preban status matter in NJ? Said he got it in the early 90s.

This is what I was wondering.

Can they ACTUALLY retroactively make something illegal (not interpret it as such) that was legal to possess at the time of purchase?

This is going to be an interesting case to watch because it could be a baseline for what other states are willing to use the 'spaghetti method' on...throw it up against the wall and see if it sticks.

The only other article I could find
Rutgers Professor Charged With Illegally Owning Assault Weapon

My guess is he talked about it to someone who ratted him out and the search warranty was specific to looking for the MSR

Maybe it was his silent way of protesting the namesake of his employer. He worked at the Robert Wood Johnson School of Medicine. The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is a one of the biggest funding anti gun groups. They’re tangled on with CeaseFire et al.

Cure Violence

Says that he owned this since the early 90's. I assume that NJ law has no grandfathering?

I wonder if this is a good opportunity to challenge NJ's Unconstitutional lawrs?

Goydos' salary is $437,504, according to public records..

They executed a search warrant too.
WTF did he do to have a search warrant issued?
You'd think he'd keep his nose clean and protect that salary.
Probably grew weed.

I know a lot of surgeons and none of them smoke - let alone grow - weed.

A quick google says the preban date in NJ for “assault weapons” is May 1, 1990. Unlike other long guns AWs must have been registered by that date to be legal.

some body dropped a dime on him. wonder what he did to piss him/her off?

Disgruntled family member of someone his cancer research didn't save? Been stalking him and new he had a gun in the basement?

I'm fairly certain you could still roll with a shotgun in the rack of the rear window of your pickup in Jersey in 1990. At least there were people who did.

I'm fairly certain you could still roll with a shotgun in the rack of the rear window of your pickup in Jersey in 1990. At least there were people who did.

I wonder if they just passed an arbitrary AWB and decided that you had to have owned and registered the gun prior to 1990, a date when no registration existed. o_O

Back
Top Bottom