• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Jersey Coalition For Self Defense Files Amicus Brief For CCW Change

Do we in New Jersey have a chance at this? I hope so! First round begins!

http://www.saf.org/viewpr-new.asp?id=350

http://www.njcsd.org/files/amicus/021811 FINAL AMICUS BRIEF.pdf

"The Second Amendment Foundation has funded this important lawsuit because the State of New Jersey can not be allowed to violate the Constitution," said Alan Gottlieb, founder of SAF. "We are not going to let New Jersey or any other state violate the rights of gun owners," he added.

"It is now crystal clear that the State of New Jersey has no intention of ever respecting the right to defend yourself with a firearm outside the home, and will have to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into compliance with the Heller and McDonald decisions," said ANJRPC President Scott Bach. "With this lawsuit, we intend to do just that, even if we have to go all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court," said Bach.

Last edited:
Rock and roll! I hope they bury that state in their own ignorance and take a few down for the ride too that decided to stop americans from expressing a right (IE: backwards cleos, judges, etc)....hopefully the hook catches.

This has been said to death again and again but I have to say it. Why would you ever want to keep law abiding citizens from owning firearms and protecting themselves? I cant back this up with facts but I'd be willing to bet that most shootings in this country stem from illegally owned firearms. As My IO told me, I dont worry about guys like you who come in the front door, I worry about the ones who come in the back. The old Cliche if guns were outlawed only outlaws would have guns is completely and utterly true.

Rock and roll! I hope they bury that state in their own ignorance and take a few down for the ride too that decided to stop americans from expressing a right (IE: backwards cleos, judges, etc)....hopefully the hook catches.

Ya. As you can see in the brief Michigan is involved in the suit also.

My uncle has been telling me about another lawsuit in plesantville by a pastor who was denied the right for cc. The thinking was that is what was going to change things because of the money the church has versus the money the state can justify using to fight him. I wonder if this is separate or if the pastor brought in the SAF

This has been said to death again and again but I have to say it. Why would you ever want to keep law abiding citizens from owning firearms and protecting themselves?

That's easy, it's one of the ways the gov hangs onto power, by making the masses dependent on them for things they're not allowed to do for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom