• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Jersey AG withdraws motion to dismiss in LEOSA violation case

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
FLEOA v. Grewal
https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.njd.434536/gov.uscourts.njd.434536.22.0.pdf
This office represents Defendants Gurbir S. Grewal and
Patrick J. Callahan in the above matter.
This office filed a motion to dismiss pursuant to Fed. R.
Civ. P. 12(b)(6) on July 27, 2020. Defendants now write to
voluntarily withdraw, without prejudice, the pending motion to
dismiss in favor of proceeding with discovery in this matter.
Defendants reserve the right to reassert the arguments set forth
in the motion to dismiss at a later stage in this litigation. With
the consent of my adversary, I also request that the deadline to
file Defendants’ answer be set for October 27, 2020.
The special class is unhappy about some members of its ranks being treated like the little people.

The special class is unhappy about some members of its ranks being treated like the little people.
I argued against LEOSA, even though I benefited from it.

And yes, I took advantage when traveling through MD, NY, CT, and MA. I still held my breath and tried to avoid any official interactions.

Since retiring, I have never bothered with certification. I don't even bother maintaining my NH Revolver and Pistol License, since we've switched to constitutional carry.

My state of origin (Arkansas) is also constitutional carry, but if I go back there I'm flying with carry-on only, so I stop at the first place and buy a knife, then give it away before flying back.

I hear you. A friend is an airline pilot who went through the training in NM for federal "flight deck officer" certification". What a PITA! He was issued a .40 S&W HK pistol owned by Uncle Sam. He had to carry the gun unloaded in a case, get hassled by the very envious and unarmed TSA weenies, get special very strict clearance from his private sector airline employer and keep the gun in the cockpit "flight deck" at all times. Have to leave cockpit to visit men's room? Gun stays in cockpit. Each year you travel to NM on your time and your dime to shoot qualifications. He gave back the gun to the feds. WAY too much bullshit and out of pocket expenses for minimal protection.

Back
Top Bottom