• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Jersey 2nd Amendment Sanctuary town

What are the chances it could happen in a Massachusetts town? Crazy I know.....
Entirely possible, especially in parts if central and western MA. Maybe folks should go ti their town meetings and propose it?

What are the chances it could happen in a Massachusetts town? Crazy I know.....
Even if it did and the local cops supported it by refusing to make gun possession arrests, you still have to worry about MSP. They have statewide jurisdiction and answer to Maura.

The only problem in NJ with a town doing this is the county. A town could have their PD issue handgun carry permits, but it is up to county judges to sign off on their approval. At least they are standing up for something, even if not going to be very effective.

The only problem in NJ with a town doing this is the county. A town could have their PD issue handgun carry permits, but it is up to county judges to sign off on their approval. At least they are standing up for something, even if not going to be very effective.
+1 And that county is a micro version of the urban-rural split in many states - West Milford is very rural. If you ever saw The Station Agent, it's the town one north of THAT town. The county is an hourglass with 85% of the population in the urban, eastern part of the hourglass. I'm sure the West Milford resdents feel like the rural end of the rural end of the stick. They'd probably jump to Sussex Co in a hearbeat if it were feasible.

After spending my first 26 years in NJ, there are plenty more 2A-friendly municipalities down there but they’re overwhelmed by the other intolerant communities. That said, I’d never go back.

Back
Top Bottom