• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NEW Iraqi Medal- Iraq Medal of Commitment

Hello fellow warriors,

I just got done talking with my Capt and he brought to my attention that the government of Iraq has proposed a new medal, which is near finalization, with our DoD that authorizes Operation Iraqi Freedom veterans to wear.

Here's the link for anyone interested. Once I receive official word and a MARADMIN comes out, I'll update this post.

http://blog.medalsofamerica.com/iraq-medal-commitment/

And yes, this is legit.

-Eric

Holy politically-correct sounding medal, Batman!
Remember when they recinded the "Global War on Terror" medal because it was offensive?

-JR

Remember when they recinded the "Global War on Terror" medal because it was offensive?

-JR

It does sound like something a girl would give her boyfriend after a month of monogamous dating.

-JR

At the risk of sounding stupid, the GWOT-SM and GWOT-EM exist.

And as if we needed anything else?!? In the Army, you get three just for signing up. We'll have PFC's with more salad than a General in no time.

And as if we needed anything else?!? In the Army, you get three just for signing up. We'll have PFC's with more salad than a General in no time.

Not to get into a pissing contest with other branches, but it seems that the Army and Air Force give ribbons for damn near everything.

You get 3? I thought you got 2. National Defense and Army Service

The army gives them out like candy; believe me I know. My SFC got a bronze star with a V device during OIF 09-10. Funny thing is, less indirect, he was never exposed to enemy fire and didn't do a damn thing... and he gets a V device. It makes everything so much... less meaningful... I barely even put my CIB on anymore; but, maybe someday they'll all mean more to me.

You get a ribbon just for joining the Army? Isn't that what the uniform is for?

yeah, and its easily the most unpopular ribbon out there. Not only is it a defualt rubbon, its a rainbow.

images

Plus
n05637.jpg

Equals = Lots of gay jokes while I was in Class A's pre 2007.

yeah, and its easily the most unpopular ribbon out there. Not only is it a defualt rubbon, its a rainbow.

images

Plus
n05637.jpg

Equals = Lots of gay jokes while I was in Class A's pre 2007.

Wow....

I only got one when I joined back in 95. The rainbow ribbon which I think was Army service. I was Guard though, maybe thats why.

EDIT: HA! That Rainbow patch my for my unit. (182nd Infantry) God I hated that thing!

You should rate the national defense medal if you served in '95.

Back
Top Bottom