new holster

expedition03

NES Member
recommendations for a owb leather for a glock 19 since it can be concealed moire in the cooler weather. looking for a thumb break if possible if not it's ok. can't find any good ones that havdd goo d retention. thanks.

Galco Fletch is the class act from the major manufacturers. Bianchi also has some nice leather, thumbbreak holsters. You can go custom but wait times can run 6 months.

Before the suggestions get too out of hand, let's not overlook the Keep.It.Simple.Stupid. option.

Universal-Handgun-Sandal-Holster.jpg

I kid. I've spent a lot more time outdoors in the last year and clothing is getting too heavy for IWB (or access to IWB) so I'm thinking about the same thing. I have a Triple K Special Agent for a J-Frame that's wicked comfortable and has a thumb break. They make it for the G19.

#420 Secret Agent - Triple K

ETA: Oops, I forgot it doesn't cover the trigger. That's really soured me on it but the heavy DA trigger isn't as worrisome as a striker fired trigger.

I am not a huge fan of leather holsters, for OWB i like the "Leatherwing" holsters that Blackpoint makes. They are kydex bodies with leather wings that do a good job conforming to your waist. I have ones for a G19, P229, p320, and p226. They are comfortable and have excellent retention.

They make it for the G19.

#420 Secret Agent - Triple K

ETA: Oops, I forgot it doesn't cover the trigger. That's really soured me on it but the heavy DA trigger isn't as worrisome as a striker fired trigger.

It might be ok for a revolver... might. But you could never have a open trigger on a striker gun. It would be a disaster potentially. I'm not sure why you'd ever do it for any gun?

Are you sold on leather? I switched to kydex a couple years ago and never looked back. The positive click that locks in place plus it’s rigidity made me a true believer.

I recommend bravo concealment which fits none of what you asked for.

This gun rides high and tight. Any more than a thin T-shirt nobody is going to know its there without feeling you up. I give it an "A" for comfort, "A" for retention, maybe a "B" , "B-" for draw speed. I think it was 60-70 bucks.

DSCF0928[1].JPG

Back
Top Bottom