• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New High cap glock mags with NO leo markings?!?!

So I purchased 2 glock 22s from someone out of state and had them transfer in at four seasons (which was awesome by the way). So I told the shipper that I couldnt have any leo marked mags. He sent these new glock Hicap mags but there are no leo markings on them is okay to have them the guys at four seasons didnt say anything about them.

I don't think the law cares about if they say "LE ONLY" on them or not. The law cares about whether they are pre-ban or not (since these are hi-cap).

So, the real questions are: Can you prove that these are pre-ban? Can the state prove that they're not?

If these are Gen4 (ie brandy new) magazines, they'll have a cutout for the ambi mag release. That's really the only dead giveaway for Glock magazines WRT mfg date.

Since the federal AWB went away, many manufacturers are producing standard capacity magazines with no LEO markings. So the fact that a magazine does not have LEO markings does not mean the magazine is pre-ban.

The fact is that they are new mags. You know they are new mags and they are hi-caps.

Possession is a felony. Its very simple.

Trying to run around the law, explain it away, or ignore it will just come back to bite you.

Getting arrested with a post-ban large capacity magazine would be a lot less fun.

On the plus side you would make alot of new friends [laugh]
CIM1_081006v1.jpg

see mcgyvr!!! instant buddies!!!! thats what i'm in this for!

in other news...i don't buy post ban mags because i don't want to date men with tattoos....forceably.

Does the mag have an ambi notch? That's the only real way to tell, although if you talk to Glock, their answer is "no, it's not, we have no way to tell". [laugh]

"The high caliber marking" crap is a red herring. Myself and others have seen prebans that have high caliber markings.

-Mike

I don't think the law cares about if they say "LE ONLY" on them or not. The law cares about whether they are pre-ban or not (since these are hi-cap).

Actually, it does, or at least it did on the federal side. Under the fed AWB LE markings were basically "Prima Facie" evidence of having an illegal magazine. The feds mandated the markings for a reason, so that this question would have a clear answer. Of course, MA failed to fully adopt this stance into its own AWB law. [rolleyes]

All postbans are illegal, obviously, but those with LE markings are what I would consider "incontrovertibly illegal" which means that any notional of plausible deniability, etc, more or less goes right out the window with those markings.

-Mike

Nate I have 10 round G22 magazines and a couple of high cap pre bans if you want to trade

I can have the post bans in NH

Back
Top Bottom