• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Haven, CT PD lays off 16 officers. Union Pres suggests citizens arm themselves

Don't forget the ever popular judo chop, travel only in groups and your seat can be used as a flotation device..
They too discourage "self help". The Police are there to protect YOU!

such douche-baggery. typical lefty trick. lay off the cops, firemen and teachers. [thinking]

New Haven and Bridgeport are basically "Bronx - Manhattan" lite... kinda like So. NH is "Mass lite"... [thinking]

Got robbed at gunpoint in New Haven about 10 years ago, in one of the "decent" neighborhoods too, Westville, and by gunpoint I mean that I had a small pistol pressed against my temple.

Got robbed at gunpoint in New Haven about 10 years ago, in one of the "decent" neighborhoods too, Westville, and by gunpoint I mean that I had a small pistol pressed against my temple.

WOW!!! [shocked] Now that sucks!

Just curious, were you armed?
If yes, did they get the drop on you?
glad you're ok.

Last edited:
What is the Mayor's suggestion for people to protect themselves?

opossum_homepix.jpg

they won't be missed...perfect place to start cutting the "fat".

City may suffer due to fewer speeding tickets. Doughnut shops too.

WOW!!! [shocked] Now that sucks!

Just curious, were you armed?
If yes, did they get the drop on you?
glad you're ok.

Thanks, it was a long time ago. I was not armed. I wasn't old enough to carry at the time and I was actually out drinking, so even If I was licensed I would not have been carrying anyways. I guess you could say they did get the drop on us (myself and cousin) though. It was a week night, we had a few too many at a bar near my cousins place that we had walked to and decided to stop off for a pizza on the way home. My cousin had his hands full with our pizza and me with a couple soda's. I heard something hit the ground as we were walking and before I knew it I had a gun jammed into the side of my head, the noise I heard was them jumping off their BMX bikes. We were on a side street that is pretty busy during the day but it was probably 2am at night when this happened. They didn't get any money from me as I had spent it all at the bar, but they got a couple hundred from my cousin. Being drunk it really didn't seem too scary while it was happening but being drunk was obviously what helped make us targets. Looking back on it now, I guess it could have gone a lot worse, there was no trigger discipline happening.

Also, yes, I was underage drinking at the time. Kids do stupid stuff.

"News of the layoffs last night came just as police were responding to a double shooting at a Dunkin' Donuts store on Derby Avenue."

Riiiight....it was the shooting they were responding to......[smile]

Thanks, it was a long time ago. I was not armed. I wasn't old enough to carry at the time and I was actually out drinking, so even If I was licensed I would not have been carrying anyways. I guess you could say they did get the drop on us (myself and cousin) though. It was a week night, we had a few too many at a bar near my cousins place that we had walked to and decided to stop off for a pizza on the way home. My cousin had his hands full with our pizza and me with a couple soda's. I heard something hit the ground as we were walking and before I knew it I had a gun jammed into the side of my head, the noise I heard was them jumping off their BMX bikes. We were on a side street that is pretty busy during the day but it was probably 2am at night when this happened. They didn't get any money from me as I had spent it all at the bar, but they got a couple hundred from my cousin. Being drunk it really didn't seem too scary while it was happening but being drunk was obviously what helped make us targets. Looking back on it now, I guess it could have gone a lot worse, there was no trigger discipline happening.

Also, yes, I was underage drinking at the time. Kids do stupid stuff.

They didnt take the pizza too did they? That would be going to far but atleast youre ok. Nothing wrong with underage drinking, whats wrong is you were denied your right to carry or drink legally because you were not 21, but thats a whole different argument for another day.

And the mayor just put out a call to those in the B&E field looking for work

I dont think there is a problem with being armed. Was in Newington yesterday BRG, Hoffmans, Newington Gun Exchange and then Riverview in South Windsor. Hard to throw a rock in CT and not hit a gun shop or component manufacturer.

New Haven, home of Yale, what possibly could go wrong?[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]
We got lost down there a few years ago and it reminded me of Roxbury and Mattapan all rolled together.

They didnt take the pizza too did they? That would be going to far but atleast youre ok. Nothing wrong with underage drinking, whats wrong is you were denied your right to carry or drink legally because you were not 21, but thats a whole different argument for another day.

Ha. Actually Yes, I can't believe I forgot to add that, they did take the pizza! That seemed like the worst part at the time.

If I were the mayor I would write a policy to immediately terminate any employee using TOWN property for a PERSONAL demonstration.

If I were the mayor I would write a policy to immediately terminate any employee using TOWN property for a PERSONAL demonstration.

Would never happen. That would keep the mayor's buddies from using the city-paid-for vehicle that they use for all of their personal crap.

such douche-baggery. typical lefty trick. lay off the cops, firemen and teachers. [thinking]

New Haven and Bridgeport are basically "Bronx - Manhattan" lite... kinda like So. NH is "Mass lite"... [thinking]

I'd actually feel a LOT safer in Manhattan after midnight than in many parts of New Haven/Bridgeport...

He's a piece of s*** and is commonly found walking hand in ahnd with bloomberg as they walk around spouting anti crap at press conferences. Ironic of course, because like Daley, he has a city with a very high gun crime problem.

Great, 16 heavily armed unemployed people whose industry has abnormally high rates of alcoholism and violence.

I see this ending well.

Went to New Haven in Sept. 07, had a decent pizza.

In the few hours I was out on the street, or looking out the hotel window I saw two thefts, one was a mugging, saw one assault, one incident of drunk driving, one instance of illegal dumping, and one incident of public sex between two men.

If I never go to CT again, I'm fine with that. Told my fiancee hell no to Yale, she'd have to move to CT without me.

Last edited:
New Haven, home of Yale, what possibly could go wrong?[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]
We got lost down there a few years ago and it reminded me of Roxbury and Mattapan all rolled together.

Oooooooh. This whole situation holds some promise. New Haven's finest citizens start going out of control and going after the Yalies - home of Skull & Bones and purveyor of individuals who have been screwing up this country from the highest seats of power for decades - and maybe we will get a twofer.

Back
Top Bottom