New Handguard

Set your budget and buy accordingly. MI makes a nice handguard. I'd also check into Troy DI's - they are rock solid and have a mounting system that is just superb. If your budget allows, look as well into LaRue, KAC, Daniel Defense...Vellnueve will be posting any second to extol the virtues of YHM, but really - click on my sig and look into Troy. You will be sorry not...[cheers]

Try to avoid purchasing a unit that requires swapping out/replacing with a proprietary barrel nut if you can.

You'll have to purchase a few tools (not necessarily a bad thing), if you want to do it yourself , but you'll also be in a bind if you have a permanently attached muzzle brake (having it ground off), and be faced with the problem of removing it now or later.

I have a Surefire on mine...

http://www.surefire.com/PicatinnyRailForends

It's rock solid, easily mounted and removed and has the same quality and craftsmanship as their flashlights.

Try to avoid purchasing a unit that requires swapping out/replacing with a proprietary barrel nut if you can.

You'll have to purchase a few tools (not necessarily a bad thing), if you want to do it yourself , but you'll also be in a bind if you have a permanently attached muzzle brake (having it ground off), and be faced with the problem of removing it now or later.

I have a Surefire on mine...

http://www.surefire.com/PicatinnyRailForends

It's rock solid, easily mounted and removed and has the same quality and craftsmanship as their flashlights.

+1 - Another really decent suggestion. Those don't get a lot of press, but the example I saw was pretty nice. I'd stay away from ARMS and UTG....For $149.00 however, you'd be hard-pressed to do better than a Troy...

I use the MI extended rails (same as the one you posted in the OP but the upper rails extend past the front sight) and they are rock solid and have served my purposes well. I would not hesitate to recommend them, they are an excellent drop-in two-piece unit. I prefer the MI two piece to the YHM two-piece, but I do prefer YHM's FF Diamond handguards to MI's free-floats. Troy and SureFire also make good products, so you can't go wrong.

I bought and now I am "stupidly happy". Picked up Troy's CAR/M4 DI. Just finished putting them on. Fit and finish is awesome. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Troy DI "BattleRails" on a Bushmaster (Sorry for the crappy pics)

DSC03128.jpg
DSC03129.jpg

I use a Midwest Industries forward sling mount and am very happy with it.

I haven't used the LaRue FUG grip but I've heard a lot of good about it. It is pricey though

If you plan on using any optics, grab a YHM QDS rear sight and an EOTech 512 or Aimpoint CompML2 or CompML3 with corresponding LaRue mount.

Back
Top Bottom