• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Hampshire nonresident permit wait time

Does anyone know the approximate wait time for a NH nonresident permit? I'm going there on vacation in mid-August and was wondering if it is too late to apply. Thanks for any info you can offer.

WOW.

FWIW - MA NonRes wait time is 5 months for a 1-year LTC (you renew it, and six months later you send in the next renewal application and your $100).

Not true. It's about 20-30, unless their backlog has gone down.

Yes, I know what the law says, but its really not worth even braying at them about it. By the time you think about complaining, the thing will be in your mailbox. [laugh]

-Mike

Oh, by the way those 14 days are not negotiable. Send your application and check by return receipt, So that you have documentation of when it was received. Then count the days. This is not MasShiTchusetts, so we take the 14 day rule very seriously.

Well, the state doesn't. My license and I believe Mark056's both took longer than 14 days. Good luck complaining though, by the time you get a court date it'll be mooted because the thing will be in the mail. The state encounters backlogs every now and then. ETA: strike that, it was when the permit went from 20 to 100 bucks, when that happened, they were backlogged hardcore because everyone was trying to get it while it was still $20. ) I'm sure it will go down to a week or two like it used to be, eventually.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

If resident permits are any indication, it should be fast ( 2 days to process + 2 days for delivery).

Nonres are processed by the Permits people in Concord, not your local PD. The resident licenses are processed 100% locally. So in a small town there might only be a few permits on deck at the most at any one given time.

-Mike

Mine took 3 weeks........still a good turn around considering it is a non resident ap. I had no complaints.

What I don't understand is why Maine's non-res application is so freaking complicated compared to NH's. I'm sending in my Maine non-res tomorrow. That's if I can find my damn birth certificate tonight. [thinking]

What I don't understand is why Maine's non-res application is so freaking complicated compared to NH's. I'm sending in my Maine non-res tomorrow. That's if I can find my damn birth certificate tonight. [thinking]

That is why I only open carry in Maine. The forms were so complex it made me cry, so I didn't bother.

That is why I only open carry in Maine. The forms were so complex it made me cry, so I didn't bother.

It's not really complicated, its that it requires a Birth Cert, a Training Cert, and a really long ****ing wait.

-Mike

Still can't beat Denny Nau in PA. Walk in and 20 minutes later walk out with the license.

I dropped mine in the mail on July 5th...we'll see how long it takes. I was hoping for 2 weeks but I'll settle for 20-30 days, no problem.

I don't remember exactly, but when I renewed back about a year or two ago, I waited a few months for my renewal for a non-resi. This was when everyone was backed up, including Maine and MA.

I sent mine in four weeks before the car shoot. Called after three weeks and they said it was already mailed. Came in the mail while I was heading to Monadnock, postmarked two days AFTER I called.

Still a thousand times better than MA, but you may have to keep on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This^

Unlike Mass, NH is right on the ball when it comes to this stuff.

It's just like any other paperwork.

Here most towns treat it like taboo paperwork, like they're ****ing gatekeepers. [rolleyes]

FWIW - MA NonRes wait time is 5 months for a 1-year LTC (you renew it, and six months later you send in the next renewal application and your $100).

Ours is 1 year?????? JFC [puke]

Last edited:
It's not really complicated, its that it requires a Birth Cert, a Training Cert, and a really long ****ing wait.

-Mike

A recent training cert, IIRC, so I would have to get another one. I don't have a day to kill.

-Mike

A recent training cert, IIRC, so I would have to get another one. I don't have a day to kill.

Training certificate has to be no more than 5 years old.

I turned mine in 7 weeks ago in Maine, and I am still waiting. I called today, and she said they are still waiting for 1 of the background checks to come back. [thinking]

They say 45-60 days right now for processing permits, but I have a feeling, I'll be way past that.

Mine was under a week. Submitted on a Friday, had it Thursday. Super fast turnaround. Only got it as PA doesn't accept FL non res anymore.

Oh, by the way those 14 days are not negotiable. Send your application and check by return receipt, So that you have documentation of when it was received. Then count the days. This is not MasShiTchusetts, so we take the 14 day rule very seriously.

Yup 2 weeks for mine. And they sent a replacement license when I moved and my address changed.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom