• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Hampshire non-resident Pistol/Revolver license

:)
First, a correction to Greg. Mass. doesn't have reciprocity with any state. Mass. doesn't recognize a license from any state. Michigan recognizes a Mass. resident license. I have non-resident licenses in New Hampshire and Maine which allows me to carry concealed in twenty-four states. Florida is a good state to obtain a license because it has no resident, non-resident classification. The license is just a license to carry concealed weapons no matter where you live and is recognized by a large number of states. The NRA has a national reciprocity act before Congress which will allow a citizen in any state that has a license to carry, to carry in every state without a non-resident license. This is a good bill. Keep your fingers crossed.

:)
First, a correction to Greg. Mass. doesn't have reciprocity with any state. Mass. doesn't recognize a license from any state. Michigan recognizes a Mass. resident license. I have non-resident licenses in New Hampshire and Maine which allows me to carry concealed in twenty-four states. Florida is a good state to obtain a license because it has no resident, non-resident classification. The license is just a license to carry concealed weapons no matter where you live and is recognized by a large number of states. The NRA has a national reciprocity act before Congress which will allow a citizen in any state that has a license to carry, to carry in every state without a non-resident license. This is a good bill. Keep your fingers crossed.

Until then I'll use the CCW application on my phone to keep abreast which states recognize my license(s)...

I don't know how many times I need to say this: national reciprocity is not in our best interest. It will sure as shit end up being a federal thing, and then your application for LTC will take as long as a security clearance. What's even better, the dems will finally get their federal gun owner database. Badabing, badaboum, your rights go out the window because of 5 Maszholes, 3 clowns in NJ, 22 in NY, 14 in HI and 31 in CA wanted to carry where they couldn't. You go ahead and screw it up for everybody else. Good thinking.

I don't know how many times I need to say this: national reciprocity is not in our best interest. It will sure as shit end up being a federal thing, and then your application for LTC will take as long as a security clearance. What's even better, the dems will finally get their federal gun owner database. Badabing, badaboum, your rights go out the window because of 5 Maszholes, 3 clowns in NJ, 22 in NY, 14 in HI and 31 in CA wanted to carry where they couldn't. You go ahead and screw it up for everybody else. Good thinking.

Actually it’s people who live in states that allow carry like New Hampshire who don’t want to get arrested when crossing into Massachusetts. The parking lot at the pheasant lane mall in Nashua is in Massachusetts. HR38 sets no standard it simply says if a persons legal to carry at home then they are legal everywhere else. National recognition is vitally important.

I've never really thought about the implications of what national reciprocity could bring, but after reading your thoughts on the subject you certainly raise valid points/concerns that after second thought I readily agree with you. Thanks for mentioning this

Actually it’s people who live in states that allow carry like New Hampshire who don’t want to get arrested when crossing into Massachusetts. The parking lot at the pheasant lane mall in Nashua is in Massachusetts. HR38 sets no standard it simply says if a persons legal to carry at home then they are legal everywhere else. National recognition is vitally important.

"HR38 sets no standard it simply says if a persons legal to carry at home then they are legal everywhere else"

That's a great point! Leave licensing at state level, but pass a federal law that states the license must be recognized by all other states.

However I think the only drawback is there are a few states where licensing is not a requirement as well as there are a few states where licensing is nothing more than showing a DL. I think it's states which do little to nothing in regards to licensing that could problems for the states that require you to have a proctology exam before they'll hand you a form.

What makes you even think MA. will even follow the federal Law. MA. will still keep it's non-recognition of some one carrying in MA without a MA license. They don't follow federal law now why do you think this will change now? Don't keep hurting your fingers because nothing will change.

What makes you even think MA. will even follow the federal Law. MA. will still keep it's non-recognition of some one carrying in MA without a MA license. They don't follow federal law now why do you think this will change now? Don't keep hurting your fingers because nothing will change.

Because I expect state and local governments to follow the law. Just like 18 USC 926a. Unloaded interstate transportation which has served us well for close to 33 years.

Not the northside parking lot, That is in Nashua.

Anyone ever notice that the chicks in the Northside Parking lots are hotter than the chicks on the Southside lots...?

Back
Top Bottom