New Hampshire non resident c.c permint

I was told on the phone today that the application time takes 6 weeks, I thought when i looked online it said 14 days.

By law, the license must be issued or denied within 14 days

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XII/159/159-mrg.htm

The license shall be issued within 14 days after application, and, if such application is denied, the reason for such denial shall be stated in writing, the original of which such writing shall be delivered to the applicant, and a copy kept in the office of the person to whom the application was made. The fee for licenses issued to residents of the state shall be $10, which fee shall be for the use of the town or city granting said licenses; the fee for licenses granted to out-of-state residents shall be $100, which fee shall be for the use of the state.

I've not applied for an out of state, but I understand that it usually doesn't take as long as 6 weeks, however, there is nothing "enforcing" the 14 day requirement (and mail takes some time as well).

Better than 6 months it takes for us MA non resident!
I thought the time period was something like no more than 4 weeks?

People on this forum have reported getting the NH non-res in a couple weeks, others report longer. Mine took 6 weeks but my son who sent his in 4 weeks later only took two.

I'm guessing they do them in batches. Miss the run by a day and it'll take 6 weeks, get it in a week before they do the batch and it'll probably only take one week.

Sit back and relax, they are easier to get than a MA res.

It seems this is a topic of interest to many people.

We should make it a sticky. We could put it in the New Hampshire Laws sub-forum of the Gun Laws Forum. We could call it..."NH Non-Resident Permit." Maybe many people could post questions there and share experiences with requirements and turn-around times.

The Mods should get on this. Where are the Mods when you need them?

I guess things have slowed down in getting them back compared to four year ago. Mine came within a week to ten days and I received it before the check even cleared.

My permit showed up yesterday (according to my wife). It took two months.

Sitting in Xiamen, China waiting for Typhoon Meranti. Looks like it will be a direct hit, might be an adventure.

8 days back in 2013
Yup was about 14 or so days for my non resident back in 2012 as well. Took about the same time for them to reissue me a new one with an address change.

Kind of weird tho. I got my non resident in March of 2012 with an expiration date of March 2018...not sure how that worked out (since I was under the impression it should have been a 4 year license for $100). Thinking about it more, I think I sent in a payment for $20 as well. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom