New Hampshire - gun control bills

Vote republican.

I was a registered Republican since I was 18.( now 60) I am now a Tea Party Patriot. Hence I am not enrolled in one of the two grand old parties. They used to allow you to register as "Independent" but I am sure with all the P.C. crap someone found that word "Independent" offensive.

It's one hell of a lousy option, but you know that there are people like that. You see you are NEVER going to elect a candidate who agrees with all of your positions. That's politics and that's been politics since the beginning of this country. You have to decide what your priorities are and vote for the candidate who best reflects your views. As 19th Century Journalist Charles Dudley Warner said: "Politics makes for strange bedfellows"

I don't smoke so whether people pay a ten dollar tax on a pack of cigarettes or no tax on a pack of cigarettes is totally irrelevant to me. That's an honest answer and I am sure that someone will say oh, he is an evil statist who supports taxes which is theft...no I just don't care about cigarette taxes one way or the other. Popular election of the POTUS is unlikely to happen, at least for a long time, because depending on the election year both parties benefit from the current Electoral College system depending on which candidates they run etc. People piss and moan and then the issue disappears for four years except for a few who grumble along. Oh I know there is a movement afoot where the states will commit their electoral votes to the candidate that gets the popular vote, but that hasn't happened yet (just like gun control hasn't happened in NH yet). It might happen but I won't see it my lifetime, maybe not yours.

Some like to bring all of their political baggage to what is essentially a firearms forum and make other issues as relevant and important as guns and the 2A when in fact there are really better venues for expressing those other views. While it is true that there is an Off Topic sub-Forum, I can't for the life of me see why people expend a great deal of time expounding their political and social views on topics that don't pertain to the core 2A when there are much better places on the internet to do so. That's just my two cents, naturally I expect you and many others to see things differently.

True, that's why I keep it simple and do not vote for any Democrat. Ever.

I don't smoke so whether people pay a ten dollar tax on a pack of cigarettes or no tax on a pack of cigarettes is totally irrelevant to me. That's an honest answer and I am sure that someone will say oh, he is an evil statist who supports taxes which is theft...no I just don't care about cigarette taxes one way or the other.

Would you like it if non gun owners voted this way? I don't think you would. I don't smoke but I think sin taxes are stupid.

"I don't own guns so I don't care what anti-gun bills they pass"...

Would you like it if non gun owners voted this way? I don't think you would. I don't smoke but I think sin taxes are stupid.

"I don't own guns so I don't care what anti-gun bills they pass"...

I knew that somebody was going to call me to task for this. Simple fact: there are far too many voters that have precisely the attitude you expressed with regard to guns. Frankly, while I could care less, Cap because in my heart of hearts I am an evil statist and have already launched a drone over your lawn (since you won't let me on it) from my Black Helicopter, I would tax the crap out of prostitution, drugs, gambling, tobacco and alcohol (which along with tobacco is a drug) I'd let so-called "sin taxes" bankroll the state because I'm not an agorist or an anarchist of any kind. That would be about the only kind of tax there would be. Wanna play...then you gotta pay...pure and simple. Not going to argue the point with you or anyone else.

To stave off any arguments with you, I will already concede...you win, I'm bad, you are right, I'm evil and all of that you can declare victory...move along here, nothing to see, we now return to our regular programming....But I could still care less if they tax cigarettes or not, it's what I feel not what I think

I will continue to live in the real world [wink]

I knew that somebody was going to call me to task for this. Simple fact: there are far too many voters that have precisely the attitude you expressed with regard to guns. Frankly, while I could care less, Cap because in my heart of hearts I am an evil statist and have already launched a drone over your lawn (since you won't let me on it) from my Black Helicopter, I would tax the crap out of prostitution, drugs, gambling, tobacco and alcohol (which along with tobacco is a drug) I'd let so-called "sin taxes" bankroll the state because I'm not an agorist or an anarchist of any kind. That would be about the only kind of tax there would be. Wanna play...then you gotta pay...pure and simple. Not going to argue the point with you or anyone else.

To stave off any arguments with you, I will already concede...you win, I'm bad, you are right, I'm evil and all of that you can declare victory...move along here, nothing to see, we now return to our regular programming....But I could still care less if they tax cigarettes or not, it's what I feel not what I think

I will continue to live in the real world [wink]

You are also feeding the beast that is taking the rights you care about away.

I'm of the opinion that ill ever vote Democrat either. Too many things I'm on the opposite side of. Even if they are 100% for guns they still give their delegates to the national Dem party (Obama/Ried) and THEY want to take our guns away. If they are really 100% would they cross party lines and vote Republican if the Democratic leader at the time was anti-gun rights? Think long term, not as it is now.

Taxes should not be used to punish smokers, drinkers, gamblers or anyone else. The high taxes on smokers continue because people are accepting the stigma that smokers are evil and disgusting people who deserve to be punished. The concept is offensive. I do not smoke, BTW.

Well now you are injecting other agendas...aren't you? What do you do if you are a single issue voter? Many times I support a candidate whose views on other issues are frankly personally repugnant to me, but I vote pro-2A and this is after all a firearms forum, not a libertarian forum, not a GOP forum...but a gun forum...these are other issues which is why the whole thing can get very sticky.
I consider myself very much a multi-issue person, but mostly a single issue voter. I consider myself fortunate that those pols who tend to support 2A the strongest also happen to support most of the other issues that I do and reject the issues and policies that I am against. Sometimes some big exceptions pop up (as they did in the last state primary election)... and that does influence my vote. Sometimes I wince and hold my nose and still vote for the strongest 2A person despite the other issue(s). Sometimes it is just too much to take and I go for the next strongest (or least weakest) pro-2A pol down the list.

I could never vote for an anti-2A pol. Never have, never will. So far, there has always been someone I could feel at least moderately okay about voting for.

The second amendment is the single most important issue because there is nothing more important than having the appropriate tools to protect yourself and your family from harm. It's not the only issue, just the most important.

The second amendment is the single most important issue because there is nothing more important than having the appropriate tools to protect yourself and your family from harm. It's not the only issue, just the most important.

or to say it differently, the 2nd Amendment protects all of the others, for without it, there is no protection from tyranny

or to say it differently, the 2nd Amendment protects all of the others, for without it, there is no protection from tyranny
This is why the 2nd amendment is the most important.

BTW, the final sign off on bills has not even taken place and the 1st of several anti-gun bills is likely dead. (There is a chance that it will be picked up by someone, not sure yet)

OLS - LSR's Withdrawn
"2206 requiring the registration of each firearm a person owns or possesses."
On that bill I really wanted to know which moon bats would have voted for it, so we could have thrown them out in 2014.

-Design

If you want to see how the liberal progressives view the world..
Read this:
"Hoell is not a member of the Free State Project, but he’s the next best thing. He’s part of the extremist libertarian crowd. They worship at the altar of Koch, Rand, and Paul (pere et fils.) They hate gummint, so they work tirelessly to become part of it. To show their contempt, they file endless nuisance legislation, to waste the time of their colleagues, and taxpayer dollars. They claim to hate wasteful spending, but they do it themselves at every opportunity. They also claim to hate the nanny state, but they are desperate to play stern patriarch to the uterus-bearing population of New Hampshire. A sardonic tweet the other day read: “It’s not uterYOU, it’s uterUS.” To summarize Hoell’s bills, he wants everyone, everywhere to have unrestricted access to guns, wants to eliminate the judiciary and the police, and he wants women to serve as involuntary incubators. He might want to rethink giving the involuntary incubators unrestricted access to guns."....

It is worth reading the entire article for a laugh.

Susan Bruce: Government by the Petulant

Read this:
"Hoell is not a member of the Free State Project, but he’s the next best thing. He’s part of the extremist libertarian crowd. They worship at the altar of Koch, Rand, and Paul (pere et fils.) They hate gummint, so they work tirelessly to become part of it. To show their contempt, they file endless nuisance legislation, to waste the time of their colleagues, and taxpayer dollars. They claim to hate wasteful spending, but they do it themselves at every opportunity. They also claim to hate the nanny state, but they are desperate to play stern patriarch to the uterus-bearing population of New Hampshire. A sardonic tweet the other day read: “It’s not uterYOU, it’s uterUS.” To summarize Hoell’s bills, he wants everyone, everywhere to have unrestricted access to guns, wants to eliminate the judiciary and the police, and he wants women to serve as involuntary incubators. He might want to rethink giving the involuntary incubators unrestricted access to guns."....

Will the party of fiscal and personal responsibility be taking up a collection to reimburse the taxpayers for the $24 billion?

This is rich coming from a moonbat. Will they give us the $75,000,000 spent on the NEA? Or how about the $70,000,000,000 wasted on the department or education? Or how about the $90,000,000,000 Dear Leader wasted on green energy?

Funny what moonbats get all indignant about.

It's quite apparent Susan Bruce has never seen a penis.

She saw one long enough to put out a daughter when she was like 16 or 18... I'm sure the guy went running realizing what he had done the next morning.

I've gotten into some heated flamewars with that wench on the NH subreddit... accidentally dox'd her and ran her off the board. I made a joke about her being a drunk and it turned out to be true that she's a recovering alcoholic.... which is ironic because i'm working hard to become an alcoholic.

She lives on the dole occasionally writing for the Conway Daily and I found her staged in some Jackie Cilley ops that made it lok like Cilley actually had some supporters.

If you disagree with her, you are automatically a misogynist... and asked if I ever let my wife out of the kitchen. To which I replied only when I make her to count our gold.

Last edited:
Read this:

I'd like to express my disapproval of your sharing this without warning me that I might puke before finishing reading.

This is what I've basically been screaming about when people say, "just move to MA!" Its never going to be that simple. Sure, NH is definitely lightyears ahead of MA with regards to lack of bullshit legislation, but the fact of the matter is, these *******s are like a bad penny, you just can't shake them. I sincerely hope that the people of NH don't let their guard down with these *******s and push back now, while it's fairly "easy". I'm pretty certain these won't materialize into squat, but just let this be a warning to all of you in NH.......they're coming.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I will look into getting involved in local politics once I get settled up there. Have no interest in that here.

I'm of the opinion that ill ever vote Democrat either. Too many things I'm on the opposite side of. Even if they are 100% for guns they still give their delegates to the national Dem party (Obama/Ried) and THEY want to take our guns away. If they are really 100% would they cross party lines and vote Republican if the Democratic leader at the time was anti-gun rights? Think long term, not as it is now.

There are also many anti-2A Republicans...think about all of those that vote to implement background checks and close the 'gun show loophole'.

She saw one long enough to put out a daughter when she was like 16 or 18... I'm sure the guy went running realizing what he had done the next morning.

I've gotten into some heated flamewars with that wench on the NH subreddit... accidentally dox'd her and ran her off the board. I made a joke about her being a drunk and it turned out to be true that she's a recovering alcoholic.... which is ironic because i'm working hard to become an alcoholic.

She lives on the dole occasionally writing for the Conway Daily and I found her staged in some Jackie Cilley ops that made it lok like Cilley actually had some supporters.

If you disagree with her, you are automatically a misogynist... and asked if I ever let my wife out of the kitchen. To which I replied only when I make her to count our gold.

Notice how each time she uses "gummint" instead of "government" in order to automatically stereotype anyone with a libertarian slant as a toothless, backwoods redneck. Nice.

And she has the balls to try claim the moral high ground.

Wow. This Susan Bruce whackjob is quite the venomous, man-hating, bitter troll. Obvious other mental issues at play with this one. Why don't they allow commenting on her hit and run pieces?

And she has the balls to try claim the moral high ground.

Welfare mom has holier-then-thou attitude? Wait, let me find my shocked face. [shocked] [rolleyes]

Read this:

Boy she's got you figured out. [wink]

I'd be happy to wear "extreme libertarian" as a badge of honor.

I guess any bills filed that would help protect liberty and freedom is now considered a "nuisance". Well, I guess we know that people that subscribe to her twisted way of thinking have always thought that.

And your an oppressor. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom