New Hampshire - gun control bills

Shurtleff is a tool- biggest fighter to repeal stand your ground and a former federal LEO who thinks only the qualified should be armed.

Wouldn't have expected any different from him- plus he represents Concord- which is gov loving moon bat central.
Like his fellow brethren at ruby ridge no doubt. They were REALLY qualified. NOT!!

If you want to stay current on New Hampshire gun bills I suggest you join Pro Gun New Hampshire. They send out alerts to give us heads up.
The membership is very inexpensive and IMHO worth every penny.

Another pro gun rights group kindly pointed out to me by a fellow NES member is NH Firearms Coalition.

Another NES's was nice enough to point out yet another group who does great work New Hampshire Liberty Alliance | Enhancing and Safeguarding New Hampshire?s Tradition of Liberty. Thanks for the info. I am joining today!

Not dealing with firearms laws but another group to join if your interested in firearms is Fort Constitution Arms. They have swap meets and small shows. I have picked up some neat stuff at some of their events. They are small but heck looking at firearms is better than mowing the lawn or shoveling snow.

Last edited:
It really is a cancer. It spreads around until it takes over each state. And most of us are living at ground zero for this disease

It really is a cancer. It spreads around until it takes over each state. And most of us are living at ground zero for this disease
+1 for NHFC New Hampshire Firearms Coalition ? NH's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization clearly the most proactive group on the ground at the state house!

Also as in prior years I will be posting state house news as I find out about it.
Lastly, There was a new PAC formed this year to fight anti-gun laws by supporting pro-2nd amendment candidates:
PackingNH packingnh.org [website not designed yet as we are busy working on other battles]
2014 PAC Registrations (N-Z) - NHSOS This group will raise and spend money on just this issue. [given the bills that I have seen so far, we will need to do this to change the makeup of the state house in 2014]

regards,
Rep. Hoell

Getting involved directly with government is the only way to change things, or in some instances, keep things the same.
Personally, I am moving to NH, but I will continue to fight for Massachusetts. But my eventual move is more than just escaping Mass gun laws. It's a moral decision. I don't want any tax dollars contributing to my own virtual enslavement. I don't want my tax dollars funding initiatives I vehemently disagree with. So yes, I will move. My goal is five years for my residence, and then at some point, my business. But I will still continue to fight for hearts and minds. It's like the speech given in "Any Given Sunday". It's a game of inches, and our foes have been playing this game for a lot longer than we have. But the good news is, as evidenced by the results in New Hampshire by a coalition of gun groups, liberty minded Republicans and Free State Project members, the numbers of people who think like us are greater and we can win. We have the moral high-ground. We have the initiative. We just need to continue to get off the couch and in the game.

If you want to stay current on New Hampshire gun bills I suggest you join Pro Gun New Hampshire. They send out alerts to give us heads up.
The membership is very inexpensive and IMHO worth every penny.

Another pro gun rights group kindly pointed out to me by a fellow NES member is NH Firearms Coalition.

While both are worthy (and both have detractors for various valid reason), the best group to join is the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. They rate every bill for a liberty rating. Not just firearms, but also property rights, personal liberty, and economic freedom.

New Hampshire Liberty Alliance | Enhancing and Safeguarding New Hampshire?s Tradition of Liberty

I've got a friend from my hometown that I just recently talked to. Last time we got together was years and years ago. We had never discussed politics.
He's possibly the smartest person I know. A gun owner and has always hated cops.
Politics came up and I find out he's a democrat. Votes straight democrat regardless. I'm sure you can imagine the conversation so I won't bore you with the details.
I ended the conversation with "You are the smartest idiot I know"

Holier than thou.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Lots of 1960s hippies hate cops and 90% of hippies were Democrats, gun owning Democrats don't vote single issue guns obviously, they think Repubs are mean. The Democrats in power now come from the 1960 generation.

No well keep up the fight here if you guys stop sending people like Shaheen and the RINO Ayotte to the Senate.

Ah, yes. "RINO Ayotte," the one who took all shit the Democraps could throw, before and after the UBC bill, and the shit they continue to throw, and despite all that, voted NO, when other Rep's were squishy. AND AFTER, in the Bloomberg/Giffords shitstorm, wouldn't change her vote? Oh, yeah. her.

Scott Brown much? Gabe Gomez much? Not to mention Chief Flinging Bull.

Yeah I never understood why people would call Ayotte a RINO. She's had to dance a fine political line before, but she sure as heck isn't what I'd call a Republican In Name Only.

Not in the same category as, say, Vallaincourt from Manchester, or more familiar names like Christie, Schwarzenegger, the recent R's from Mass, etc etc.

Last edited:
I've got a friend from my hometown that I just recently talked to. Last time we got together was years and years ago. We had never discussed politics.
He's possibly the smartest person I know. A gun owner and has always hated cops.
Politics came up and I find out he's a democrat. Votes straight democrat regardless. I'm sure you can imagine the conversation so I won't bore you with the details.
I ended the conversation with "You are the smartest idiot I know"

Intelligence merely represent the horsepower you have available to drive with. A bad driver can still end up in a ditch.

It's out education and experience that shapes us into what we are.

+1 for NHFC New Hampshire Firearms Coalition ? NH's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organizationclearly the most proactive group on the ground at the state house!

Also as in prior years I will be posting state house news as I find out about it.
Lastly, There was a new PAC formed this year to fight anti-gun laws by supporting pro-2nd amendment candidates:
PackingNH packingnh.org [website not designed yet as we are busy working on other battles]
2014 PAC Registrations (N-Z) - NHSOS This group will raise and spend money on just this issue. [given the bills that I have seen so far, we will need to do this to change the makeup of the state house in 2014]

regards,
Rep. Hoell

+1 for being involved on NES.

Last edited:
Yeah I never understood why people would call Ayotte a RINO. She's had to dance a fine political line before, but she sure as heck isn't what I'd call a Republican In Name Only.

Not in the same category as, say, Vallaincourt from Manchester, or more familiar names like Christie, Schwarzenegger, the recent R's from Mass, etc etc.

Her backing the gang of 8 immigration bill was inexcusable.

Kelly Ayotte?s Amnesty Folly | National Review Online

+1 for NHFC New Hampshire Firearms Coalition ? NH's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization clearly the most proactive group on the ground at the state house!

regards,
Rep. Hoell

Thank you Rep Hoell. Can wait to see these sites up and running.

While both are worthy (and both have detractors for various valid reason), the best group to join is the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. They rate every bill for a liberty rating. Not just firearms, but also property rights, personal liberty, and economic freedom.

New Hampshire Liberty Alliance | Enhancing and Safeguarding New Hampshire?s Tradition of Liberty

This!

And voted for increasing the cigarette tax and backed the popular vote bill for electing the president.

Well now you are injecting other agendas...aren't you? What do you do if you are a single issue voter? Many times I support a candidate whose views on other issues are frankly personally repugnant to me, but I vote pro-2A and this is after all a firearms forum, not a libertarian forum, not a GOP forum...but a gun forum...these are other issues which is why the whole thing can get very sticky.

Now what would you do if you had a candidate who opposed any cigarette taxes, wanted the Electoral College Stronger but also wanted to severely limited your rights under the 2A? What is more important to you? Would you vote for that candidate because your cigs are more important than your Sigs?

Well now you are injecting other agendas...aren't you? What do you do if you are a single issue voter? Many times I support a candidate whose views on other issues are frankly personally repugnant to me, but I vote pro-2A and this is after all a firearms forum, not a libertarian forum, not a GOP forum...but a gun forum...these are other issues which is why the whole thing can get very sticky.

Now what would you do if you had a candidate who opposed any cigarette taxes, wanted the Electoral College Stronger but also wanted to severely limited your rights under the 2A? What is more important to you? Would you vote for that candidate because your cigs are more important than your Sigs?

All the "what if's" aside what good has the one party domination done in this state? That is my point. Sorry I am not a single issue voter, all issues and rights are important not just 2a. You can keep your guns but we will tax you death? What kind of option is that?

Also in Brewers case he supports the elimination of the Electoral College and direct voting for president. If we had permanent Democrat presidents would that be a plus or a negative to gun rights not just here but nationwide?

Last edited:
All the "what if's" aside what good has the one party domination done in this state? That is my point. Sorry I am not a single issue voter, all issues and rights are important not just 2a. You can keep your guns but we will tax you death? What kind of option is that?

Also in Brewers case he supports the elimination of the Electoral College and direct voting for president. If we had permanent Democrat presidents would that be a plus or a negative to gun rights?

It's one hell of a lousy option, but you know that there are people like that. You see you are NEVER going to elect a candidate who agrees with all of your positions. That's politics and that's been politics since the beginning of this country. You have to decide what your priorities are and vote for the candidate who best reflects your views. As 19th Century Journalist Charles Dudley Warner said: "Politics makes for strange bedfellows"

I don't smoke so whether people pay a ten dollar tax on a pack of cigarettes or no tax on a pack of cigarettes is totally irrelevant to me. That's an honest answer and I am sure that someone will say oh, he is an evil statist who supports taxes which is theft...no I just don't care about cigarette taxes one way or the other. Popular election of the POTUS is unlikely to happen, at least for a long time, because depending on the election year both parties benefit from the current Electoral College system depending on which candidates they run etc. People piss and moan and then the issue disappears for four years except for a few who grumble along. Oh I know there is a movement afoot where the states will commit their electoral votes to the candidate that gets the popular vote, but that hasn't happened yet (just like gun control hasn't happened in NH yet). It might happen but I won't see it my lifetime, maybe not yours.

Some like to bring all of their political baggage to what is essentially a firearms forum and make other issues as relevant and important as guns and the 2A when in fact there are really better venues for expressing those other views. While it is true that there is an Off Topic sub-Forum, I can't for the life of me see why people expend a great deal of time expounding their political and social views on topics that don't pertain to the core 2A when there are much better places on the internet to do so. That's just my two cents, naturally I expect you and many others to see things differently.

Back
Top Bottom