• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Hampshire - gun control bills

AWB/HCMB have at best 0.1% chance of passing in NH. And even if it does pass, I bet 99.95% will not comply. And Maine, forget it, there are over 4 guns per capita - highest in the WORLD!

How do you enforce where you don't know what people have, they can go anywhere, etc?

BS like what's in MA is only possible where you have a high population density and large police presence capable of Watertown, MA shows of force. The further out you get , the harder it is to enforce the police state - and the lower the value because you don't have to impress the people of North Conway with your superior firepower. You just tell the media not to report on what you don't want reported.

FWIW, just today I met two more gun owners (that have a P&R license) that I would have sworn were flaming moonbats. While I will contact all my "reps", I really don't see any of that crap going places.

Yup. In MA, they welcome these bills with open arms and warm kisses. This crap won't fly up here for too long. I'm not worried about it one bit.

The Dems have the Governors office and a 42 seat majority in the NH House and the Repub's have a 2 seat majority in the Senate.
Democrats are a disease... a cancer on this country that is growing in New Hampshire as well. Massachusetts is lost and has been for a very long time now. Same with Rhode Island. There is still hope left for New Hampshire but only if the Godforsaken Dems can be defeated. To vote for a Dem (or to not vote at all, hence supporting the evil Dems) is throwing away this country's future.

Democrats are a disease... a cancer on this country that is growing in New Hampshire as well. Massachusetts is lost and has been for a very long time now. Same with Rhode Island. There is still hope left for New Hampshire but only if the Godforsaken Dems can be defeated. To vote for a Dem (or to not vote at all, hence supporting the evil Dems) is throwing away this country's future.

Republican & Democrat are the same thing. I see no difference in them, besides the initial in front of their names.

While certainly a long way from law, it seems as though even the NH legislature is getting ramped up with gun control proposals, including 'assault weapons' bans and high cap mag bans:

N.H. Legislature may see a renewed fight over gun control in 2014 | Concord Monitor

FWIW, just today I met two more gun owners (that have a P&R license) that I would have sworn were flaming moonbats. While I will contact all my "reps", I really don't see any of that crap going places.
These bills go nowhere only when people like us communicate with our representatives. It's the ones who know better but don't communicate or vote that are our biggest problem right now. I talk to a lot of people who assume that our rights are absolute and can't be touched by government. And, those same people are shocked when I share with them the way things are.

There are moonbats in NH. Some are elected to office. Fortunately, we also have elected libertarians to state office.

These bills won't see the the light of day.

I know a bunch of us have migrated to the 603 area code. If you live in one of the "affected" areas, consider running for office.

The only reason there is not a national AWB is because of the repubs in the house. There's not much of difference, but they are not completely the same (yet).
what you say is true, there are a few Repubs off the reservation but you just can't convince some of these people. They will either not vote or vote for someone who won't win the election. They WILL find out the hard way how wrong their thinking is .:(

ConcordMonitor said:
“We need some common-sense gun laws in this country,” said Rep. Elaine Andrews-Ahearn, a Democrat from Hampton Falls. “And we need to make sure that people who are not qualified and should not own weapons do not own weapons: people with mental disorders, criminal backgrounds – people who are likely to use guns in dangerous ways.”
Elaine can think that all she wants, but so far she doesn't even have a single co-sponsor for her silly little anti-gun bills. ITL is their fate.

“I think we’ve got to walk before we run,” said House Majority Leader Steve Shurtleff, the Penacook Democrat who sponsored the stand-your-ground repeal. “Seeing the reluctance of the other body dealing with the repeal of stand your ground, I don’t think any bills . . . would have much of a chance in the Senate this session.”
. . .
“I don’t know that the House (does), and I don’t think the Senate has the appetite to move forward with that kind of legislation,” Shurtleff said. “It could be a futile effort.
Even Shurtleff is pragmatic.

New Hampshire has no additional appetite for gun-control measures. . . . If the Democrats would like to stay in office, they need to stop hammering on the gun rights,” said Rep. JR Hoell, a Dunbarton Republican and vocal gun-rights advocate.
[rockon]

There are moonbats in NH. Some are elected to office. Fortunately, we also have elected libertarians to state office.

Libertarians or libertarian leaning republicans? Because the libertarian party did awful in the '12 elections.

Gary Johnson/Jim Gray [President] 1.2% 8,233
John Babiarz [Governor] 2.9% 19,635
Brendan Kelly [Congress District 1] 4.3% 14,968
Hardy Macia [Congress District 2] 4.4% 14,656
Richard Kahn [Senate District 14] 3% 685
Rich Tomasso [Senate District 16] 3% 924

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarian_Party_of_New_Hampshire#2012

Already wrote my Senator and Representative. I have a feeling that they will both tell me that it is too early for them to comment on bills for 2014.

ITT: A bunch of MA apologists that think they know a thing or three but can't quit making excuses to get out of their own personal hell.. stfu until you put your money where your vagina is. If you are over 40, you already blew it for the rest of us.

Having been born, and grown up in MA... to a hillbilly southern father, with political leanings that make most of you look like the filthy public service loving commies you are, and now having lived in NH for going on 4 years... I can tell you dodgy wanks you have no idea how shit works. Is NH immune? No. Is paranoia necessary? Relative to what you think you know? no...

The Concord Monitor is bigger a joke than the Glob. The Union Leader prevails. D vs R doesn't mean what you think it does... Scott Brown is a bigger threat to your gun rights than most D's outside of Nashua are. The reason NH was at one point one of the ONLY states to allow conceal carry is evidence the large body of representatives work better than expected. It swings violently politically, in terms of representation, but not law. The MA infested areas are the reddest ironically.

Last edited:
Hiltonizer said it well, but in short: these kinds of bills are introduced every single session, and have been for many years. Just because you just now found out about them, doesn't mean NH is about to turn commie.

Having a huge range of bills introduced every year, and having party control shift back and forth, is a feature of the third largest legislature in the English-speaking world, not a bug.

ITT: A bunch of MA apologists that think they know a thing or three but can't quit making excuses to get out of their own personal hell.. stfu until you put your money where your vagina is. If you are over 40, you already blew it for the rest of us.

Having been born, and grown up in MA... to a hillbilly southern father, with political leanings that make most of you look like the filthy public service loving commies you are, and now having lived in NH for going on 4 years... I can tell you dodgy wanks you have no idea how shit works. Is NH immune? No. Is paranoia necessary? Relative to what you think you know? no...

The Concord Monitor is bigger a joke than the Glob. The Union Leader prevails. D vs R doesn't mean what you think it does... Scott Brown is a bigger threat to your gun rights than most D's outside of Nashua are. The reason NH was at one point one of the ONLY states to allow conceal carry is evidence the large body of representatives work better than expected. It swings violently politically, in terms of representation, but not law. The MA infested areas are the reddest ironically.

QFT!

Everyone from MA will chime in here and start saying, "watch out guys, we told you that it was moving north! They are coming for your guns! Makes me laugh so damn hard. Because I know in MA, they are days away from having something rammed down their throats, and they think the same thing will happen up here.

Hiltonizer said it well, but in short: these kinds of bills are introduced every single session, and have been for many years. Just because you just now found out about them, doesn't mean NH is about to turn commie. Having a huge range of bills introduced every year, and having party control shift back and forth, is a feature of the third largest legislature in the English-speaking world, not a bug.

This is conventional NH wisdom but it is also conventional NH complacency. It's like water dropping on a stone or cancer infecting a body.

I had people tell me 50 years ago that a black man would never be POTUS or homosexuals would never be socially accepted or be allowed to marry. These may not be inherently bad things, but over time social attitudes change and your public schools are the same as anyplace else. That is the battleground of cultural warfare.

In 1939 the sun never sat on the British Empire, by 1959 there was no British Empire.

The first gun control laws in Mass started in 1906 with simple licensing. Look where it gone and how long it's taken to get there.

Wallow in complacency at your own peril New Hampshire.

QFT!

Everyone from MA will chime in here and start saying, "watch out guys, we told you that it was moving north! They are coming for your guns! Makes me laugh so damn hard. Because I know in MA, they are days away from having something rammed down their throats, and they think the same thing will happen up here.

I thinks it's funny that people in NH are in denial about being a blue state.

I am a NH native and I can tell you the folks from MA and elsewhere coming NH are not the ones turning us Blue it is the natives that can't see past "free" stuff. The north country has been in tough shape for years with closings of any industry due to unions and regulations.

This is conventional NH wisdom but it is also conventional NH complacency. It's like water dropping on a stone or cancer infecting a body.

I had people tell me 50 years ago that a black man would never be POTUS or homosexuals would never be socially accepted or be allowed to marry. These may not be inherently bad things, but over time social attitudes change and your public schools are the same as anyplace else. That is the battleground of cultural warfare.

In 1939 the sun never sat on the British Empire, by 1959 there was no British Empire.

The first gun control laws in Mass started in 1906 with simple licensing. Look where it gone and how long it's taken to get there.

Wallow in complacency at your own peril New Hampshire.
That's one of the differences between NH and MA we are not complacent, and we actually have a system where actions have consequences if someone votes one way they may not be in come next election, unlike MA that will keep someone in office no matter what they do.

I love how douchey NH people can get when all some of us are saying is "hey guys, lookout!". I can't speak for all the MA people, but I will make the assumption that, none of us think that NH is going to become MA tomorrow, but it does happens incrementally. The dems got their way with banning carry at the statehouse in NH. On its face, many would say "meh, no biggy" but that's how they do it. They're patient and if you give them a foot in the door they'll kick it in.

In all this we should stand together, whether or not you agree with the personal choices that people make to stay in state you and others deem to be "lost", we should support one another due to the like mindedness we share towards freedom. When I see what is going on in California, I don't tell them "run! you commie **** get out!" rather I think "shit, that sucks what can I do to help?". Again, no one thinks NH is the new MA, all we are saying is lookout, don't give them a chance. I've seen it posted here many times, people leave MA because they don't want to put up a fight for whatever reason, and thats fine, but unless you put your foot down at some point, you're gonna get ****ed.

Neils first postings in here were the right attitude, shockingly [wink], "I'll find out who my reps are and call them tomorrow". Perfect, thats all we are warning you to do. Hold them off while you still out number them. I just for the life of me can't figure out why there is such a **** you attitude as it pertains to MA residents from those of you living in NH. Your state motto should be "'cause **** you, we're better than you thats why!"

Back
Top Bottom