New Hampshire Eye Doctor Reccomendations?

My glasses are 2 years old now and I can tell I need a new RX. I also started shooting competitively in June and have noticed I sometimes have trouble with the front and rear sights being blurry. I'm nearsighted.

I know there is a member here who is an eye doc but his office is a bit of a drive for me (plus I would need to make sure my car is "Massachusetts safe" as I do not have a carry license).

So is anyone aware of any good eye docs for shooters in NH or Southern Maine?

I recommend Dr John Dagianis at Nashua Eye associates. Great Doc and belongs to Nashua F&G. He is an Opthamologist that I’ve been seeing for 20 yrs.

My glasses are 2 years old now and I can tell I need a new RX. I also started shooting competitively in June and have noticed I sometimes have trouble with the front and rear sights being blurry. I'm nearsighted.

I know there is a member here who is an eye doc but his office is a bit of a drive for me (plus I would need to make sure my car is "Massachusetts safe" as I do not have a carry license).

Dr. Michael Onyon in Salem, NH. Is excellent. Very honest, up front and very fair prices.

If you need an actual "doctor" (glaucoma or lasik) I'd recommend EyeMed in Manchester they kept me from going blind in my right eye. These guys really know what they're doing. Except they don't do just glasses. If you need a top notch eye surgeon this is the place to go. never had any invasive questions. Just keep it concealed as to not frighten the sheeple.

@soloman02
Nashua eye associates is good for glasses. Strongly recommended. I asked for lenses so I could see clearly from my outstretched arm to 50 ft. They never asked why and got glasses that do what I asked. They have an office in Milford that might work well for you.

Last edited:
make sure your Dr understands what you need.
your shooting Rx will not be the same as your daily Rx.
for example i need a +.50 to see my front sight clearly (pushing the need for a +.75 or +_1.0)
My daily is 1.50 pushing 1.75 for extended times.

the key is adjusting your Rx so you can see your sights and still maintain a level of focus down range enough so even a slightly blurred target might happen. When i shoot beyound 300 yards the bull gets a little wavy.

make sure your Dr understands what you need.
your shooting Rx will not be the same as your daily Rx.
for example i need a +.50 to see my front sight clearly (pushing the need for a +.75 or +_1.0)
My daily is 1.50 pushing 1.75 for extended times.

the key is adjusting your Rx so you can see your sights and still maintain a level of focus down range enough so even a slightly blurred target might happen. When i shoot beyound 300 yards the bull gets a little wavy.

I have insurance (Eyemed) and an FSA with like $400 on it (I planned on getting new glasses and sunglasses this year). I plan on getting a normal prescription for everyday use like I have now and a separate one for competition shooting (USPSA + Steel Challenge).

Nashua is a bit farther than I would like to drive but Salem is not too bad (I live on the Seacoast).

Get thee a Red Dot optic on your pistol. With 100,000hr battery life on some, what’s to worry? Tack on tritium suppressor sights and your good for a decade.

Get thee a Red Dot optic on your pistol. With 100,000hr battery life on some, what’s to worry? Tack on tritium suppressor sights and your good for a decade.

I actually dislike night sights. I cannot see them in daylight. I competed with night sights on my P320 and all I could do was line up the square front sight post with the square notch of the rear. The tritium was not visible to me. I had white dot sights installed and I could actually see and use the sights. I picked up a Walther Q5 in 9 and find the fiber optic does work as well. I had the Xray sights on my P365 swapped out for white dot as well.

While I will get a red dot for pistols, I want to train and get better with irons as well.

I actually dislike night sights. I cannot see them in daylight. I competed with night sights on my P320 and all I could do was line up the square front sight post with the square notch of the rear. The tritium was not visible to me. I had white dot sights installed and I could actually see and use the sights. I picked up a Walther Q5 in 9 and find the fiber optic does work as well. I had the Xray sights on my P365 swapped out for white dot as well.

While I will get a red dot for pistols, I want to train and get better with irons as well.
Im not a huge fan of optics but as I,struggle with correct Rx for shooting needs , i will most likely go that route at time goes on.
Colored sights do nothing if your still looking a blurry sights. You might pick them up better against a darker target.

Back
Top Bottom