New guy looking for some opinions

Hi everyone, I came across this site a few days ago, spent some time reading through old/current threads and found this forum to be a great resource of information that I wanted to be apart of, and support.

Im new to CC as of October 2015, though not new to handling/shooting. I've been around guns my whole life with my father being military veteran. (Vietnam)

Currently have:
Massachusetts Class A unrestricted
In the process of obtaining Rhode Island + Utah, non-resident
NRA Member
Awaiting processing of application to New Bedford Revolver & Rifle Club

Enough of me,

I currently CC a M&P Shield 9mm, was looking to possibly change out my sights and wanted to see what everyone may recommend, I have only shot with the standard 3 dot sight systems, and don't have any experience with anything else.

Also, based on my readings here. Many have found that upgrading to the Apex CC Kit drasticly improves the trigger. Was looking for some recommendations on any Gunsmiths in the Southeastern Mass area that would do that modification. I'm usually a DIY type of person, but not sure if I want to tackle that project as of now.

Thanks in advance,
-Matt

Welcome! I can't speak to your S & W Shield, but good luck with the New Bedford club. Since you are in Somerset, have you looked at Tiverton Rod and Gun Club?

Welcome. Reps for going green!

Why change sights? If they are what you are used to, go with it. Unless they aren't night sights... Then I'd upgrade.
Don't know any smiths in your area, but I hear the apex kit is a must fot the M&Ps.

check with ephesian arms in fall river re: trigger mods and other upgrades

hello neighbor :), yes Ephesian arms, their in Fall River now but will be moving to somerset sometime next month, off rt 6 where somerset speedshop was ( across from auto zone) they do good work never had an issue with them personaly

Welcome! I can't speak to your S & W Shield, but good luck with the New Bedford club. Since you are in Somerset, have you looked at Tiverton Rod and Gun Club?

I looked into them, was looking for a spot with indoor range, I did not think Tiverton had one.

Welcome. Im also a member of the New Bedford rifle & revolver

I sent in the App earlier this week, waiting to hear back.

hello neighbor :), yes Ephesian arms, their in Fall River now but will be moving to somerset sometime next month, off rt 6 where somerset speedshop was ( across from auto zone) they do good work never had an issue with them personaly
didn't know that, as i'm only in fall river in the summer. (vacationing from brockton--lol) thanks for the update

Welcome. Reps for going green!

Why change sights? If they are what you are used to, go with it. Unless they aren't night sights... Then I'd upgrade.

Yeah standard 3 dot white, not dead set on swapping them out. Just never used anything else. Not sure if there were better options out there with better color contrast to light colored background that people liked

check with ephesian arms in fall river re: trigger mods and other upgrades
thanks will look into it and make a few calls

The Apex kit is an easy install if you are at all handy.

Mike

i did watch the video from their site, it didn't look too bad. Would have to invest in the punches, soft hammer, vise ...... I have a bunch of tools in such, just not those job specific ones. Might be cheaper to have someone do it. I'll have to make some calls what it would cost to have it done.

thanks neighbor

Curious to see how Rhode Island works out for you... Keep us posted, please.

ill keep you posted, was talking with Ed from Commonwealth Firearms here in Somerset, where I took my Basic Firearms Course , he is retired RI State Police I believe , and said I would not have any problem obtaining my RI license because of my Job.

Fall river rod and gun they have 24/7 access now if your a member just pay an extra 50$

Interesting, not a bad price. I believe NB has 24/7 access as well.

I have ameriglo pro I dots on my shield. I highly recommend, but I prefer blacked out rear sight.

Same here and I am very happy with them, ended up putting the same on my glocks. I did the apex trigger on my full size m&p and it is approximately 1 billion times better. I did it myself, it's really not that hard, plenty of instructional vids on YouTube. Haven't done the apex on my shield yet as its a free state gun and I don't mind the trigger. My brother in MA has business end customs do a trigger job on his shield and he was very happy.

Back
Top Bottom