New Guy, getting ready to enlist in the Mass. National Guard

Well....I went in for the physical....LONGEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!! Still gotta give some more paper work, but the doctor who gave me the physical and my Recruiter think I will get my waiver.

MEPS SUCKS!!!!!!! lol

Well....I went in for the physical....LONGEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!! Still gotta give some more paper work, but the doctor who gave me the physical and my Recruiter think I will get my waiver.

MEPS SUCKS!!!!!!! lol

IF you think that was the longest day of your life wait until you are in the service. "Hurry up and wait" is not just a saying!

IF you think that was the longest day of your life wait until you are in the service. "Hurry up and wait" is not just a saying!

[laugh]Oh let him have some fun, don't tell him everything!!![laugh] He's going to have more fun than he can stand, and God forbid he gets a female DI.[shocked]
Our son would not listen to me and lets just say couldn't help himself and found out the hard way.[rofl]
When I went through Basic I had all male DI's, but felt sorry for the male companies that had a female DI.[shocked] Holy crap we'd come out of the chow hall and would not stick around long cause man the were bad. We always figured they had something to prove.[shocked]

[laugh]Oh let him have some fun, don't tell him everything!!![laugh] He's going to have more fun than he can stand, and God forbid he gets a female DI.[shocked]
Our son would not listen to me and lets just say couldn't help himself and found out the hard way.[rofl]
When I went through Basic I had all male DI's, but felt sorry for the male companies that had a female DI.[shocked] Holy crap we'd come out of the chow hall and would not stick around long cause man the were bad. We always figured they had something to prove.[shocked]

Males and females train separately on Parris Island, and are trained exclusively by male and female DI's, respectively, but there are rare occasions where there is brief interaction. I recall once our platoon was being marched to the pool for swim qual, and a female platoon was marching away from the pool. Our two platoons passed each other like two cars on a narrow road, and apparently I must have glanced over at the female platoon, because 2 harpies from hell descended upon me with a violence that I had not yet experience on that island. They actually pulled me and the 3 other recruits in my row out of formation and smoked the crap out of us right there in the street as our platoon marched away. When they finished, we gathered our gear, which had been scattered all over the street, and rand to the pool to catch up with our platoon (our platoon just kept marching away while we got killed). Upon seeing us run in the door, our senior DI said "And that's why you don't mess with the females."

When hubby went through basic it was mixed, when I went through it was segregated, but had male DI's. Eh it's the Army. Lol Somewhere they decided to go back to mixed. Lol Female DI's= mean. ROFL.

Back
Top Bottom