Frank Sr. and "the 2 Daves" (From the OLD Post Road Guns store) are back -

289 Cowesset Avenue, Unit 7 (Subway Plaza) West Warwick, RI 02893

401.826.0000 or 401.826.9999

Their hours are :
Monday - Friday 10am to 5pm, Saturday - 10am to 4pm

http://www.heritagegunandcoin.com ~ [email protected]

New Gun sales - 8-10% Over Dealer's Cost
Transfers - FREE

They had two rare rifles, a SIG-AMT (.308) and a PE57 (7.5x55) when I was there...
also some nice Garands, M-14s, a few AR-15s, an SKS carbine that takes AK mags,
a PTR91, WW2 handguns, old Winchesters, and more I can't remember. Good stuff....

Their prices are fair, and they have a good selection of military arms.

The "other Dave" who is there on Saturdays, is a machinist who works
on military rifles, if anyone has Springfields, Garands, Carbines, ARs,
et cetera that need servicing.

It's good to have some more local gun store competition;
so many other places are gouging...

Last edited:
Great,D&L needs some good comp. Going to these guys later on in the week. Said they honor both town and AG LTC. Sounded like some good guys when I called.

Great,D&L needs some good comp. Going to these guys later on in the week. Said they honor both town and AG LTC. Sounded like some good guys when I called.

There is no competition with D&L. Frank and Dave are so far ahead of everybody else in terms of customer support and price that I can see them expanding to twice the size they are in the near future. I don't know about everybody else but when I spend my money I want to feel good about the price of what I'm buying and who I'm giving the money to.

I just visited here to preform a transfer (Cant beat the price---FREE). The place is great. They have VERY reasonable prices and a large selection of firearms. If you are looking for shotshell reloading components hes got TONS and very low price. The shop and great and I wish them well

I stopped in at Heritage Gun & Coin for the first time this week. I could not believe how low the prices were and I could not believe how much powder they had. Every manufacturer, every label. And they had primers out the ying-yang. I've never seen a shop like this before. It's a little out of my way, but its the only place I'm going from on now!

Decided to take a trip there today, and even though they are 45 min from me in the pouring rain it was well worth it!

Huge selection of powders, lots of primers, claybuster wads, plenty of lead.

Their prices are great!

Pleasure to do business with, I'll be back again.

Just got into reloading and this is THE place. Dave bent over backwards to help with my orders, if he doesn't have it, he can and will get it for you pronto... and the prices are legendary. Who does the FFL for the bubble???? HERITAGE. Powder, lead, primers, and all the other stuff you need... Just bought my first pistol there last week and it won't be my last. Great knowledge, great service, great prices, great guys.....priceless.

I also had a great experience there buying reloading supplies. Great service, more inventory than I've seen anywhere, anytime and very good prices.

I have a daughter at Providence College so I generally just keep on going the extra ten minutes or so to Heritage.

I was in today and found the employee that "helped" me to be quite rude and condescending. His attitude was totally uncalled for. I would rather pay a $20 transfer fee at a Mass shop then deal with them again. I'm a very soft spoken individual who was raised to have good manners, and to treat people with respect and I expect the same in return.

This is one of the reasons I will drive an hour and a half north to Four Seasons just to deal with Carl.

exactly "who" did you speak to so we can spank him? I may even take away his bullets.....that said we are still highly praised for our "FREE" transfer's, unheard of in today's gun industry,,,, Don't let what appears to be a less then ideal experience take $20.00 dollars plus gas money out of your pocket. Heritage has been a eye opener to every person so far..... Don't throw that away.

DAVE D

I buy all me reloading supplys there. All of my experieces with the staff have always been cordial. I will be in to stock up in a few weeks.

exactly "who" did you speak to so we can spank him? I may even take away his bullets.....that said we are still highly praised for our "FREE" transfer's, unheard of in today's gun industry,,,, Don't let what appears to be a less then ideal experience take $20.00 dollars plus gas money out of your pocket. Heritage has been a eye opener to every person so far..... Don't throw that away.

DAVE D

Im not sure. Maybe it was you, or maybe it was another employee, I dont know. Just because a buisiness offers a "good deal" doesnt mean that one should in return tolerate poor treatment. I have done ALOT of buisiness through many many shops and dont pledge loyalty to any one, but Im not gonna let the "free transfers" excuse your poor customer service.

Im not sure. Maybe it was you, or maybe it was another employee, I dont know. Just because a buisiness offers a "good deal" doesnt mean that one should in return tolerate poor treatment. I have done ALOT of buisiness through many many shops and dont pledge loyalty to any one, but Im not gonna let the "free transfers" excuse your poor customer service.

Are you sure you were at Heritage? Did you try the cookies and sit in one of the comfy chairs? Was there a couple tons of lead by the front window? If so then you got to be the first unhappy customer that ever walked through the door there! I ask this because the guys at Heritage treat everybody that walks in the door like family as opposed to customers. Question for you, You mentioned $20 transfers. Why would a Mass resident be concerned with transfers in RI? Inquiring minds want to know.

Dave

Are you sure you were at Heritage? Did you try the cookies and sit in one of the comfy chairs? Was there a couple tons of lead by the front window? If so then you got to be the first unhappy customer that ever walked through the door there! I ask this because the guys at Heritage treat everybody that walks in the door like family as opposed to customers. Question for you, You mentioned $20 transfers. Why would a Mass resident be concerned with transfers in RI? Inquiring minds want to know.

Dave

This. I go in there quite a bit and have NEVER seen anyone mistreated except once.. that is when Frank offered me stale doughnuts. Now... it could have been because we got there just as they were closing and the doughnuts had been there all day for the other customers... and the fact that the guys cheerfully stuck around late on a sunny Saturday afternoon to do a free transfer.. or maybe he was just too damn mean to run out and get me a fresh doughnut while I made them stay late.... but then again it could just be me. It must not have been too bad though.. my friend that I brought to do the transfer to bought his first handgun there.

I will have to say if someone there was rude to you either it was either a fellow customer or a mis-communication. They have always been very nice to my me, my friends I have brought in, and my wife who bought her first gun there. Dave jumped through more hoops than a circus tiger to order the exact 1911's my wife and I wanted to give to each other as wedding gifts while Frank helped her get her blue card so she could buy it (and gave her fresh doughnuts..).

Great guys!

Last edited:
Dave jumped through more hoops than a circus tiger to order the exact 1911's my wife and I wanted to give to each other as wedding gifts while Frank helped her get her blue card so she could buy it (and gave her fresh doughnuts..).

Great guys!

I got a gun for my wife too. Best trade I ever did![rofl] But seriously, you got donuts? I only get cookies! We as customers should demand they do a pig roast for us! After all, all the other gun shops are almost empty of customers since they opened. [pot]

Dave

A++++ in my book at Gadsden's suggestion I got my blue card and first gun there. have since done 2 transfers with them and now 2 gun purchases. They didn't have the particular Ruger 10/22 I wanted but they got it for me at a fantastic price. They have a regular customer here.

Had a good assortment of rifes, handguns and shotguns. I was asked if I needed help promptly upon entering. One of the guys took his time to explain the basics of reloading and how I could benefit from it, which I appreciated.

Will never go there again.The older man behind the counter didn't know that I was Jewish and made some very off color comments.I have heard it all before but when someone who owns a business does not seem to care about who is listening to his conversation, I think I will spend my money elsewhere.

Will never go there again.The older man behind the counter didn't know that I was Jewish and made some very off color comments.I have heard it all before but when someone who owns a business does not seem to care about who is listening to his conversation, I think I will spend my money elsewhere.

Signs up,1 post and gone. Me thinks I smell another gun shop owner! Almost smells like cashmere in here.
[slap]

Went in Heritage today for some powder and primers. Didn't spend any time browsing or chit chatting with the staff.
Purchased a pound of Hodgdon Varget for $20.50 and 1000 CCI 200 primers for $29.50. With these great prices they will always have my business for reloading supplies.

Went browsing today. Looked at an XD in 9mm there. I was undecided as to what I was going to get (1st handgun) except that it would be a 9. He told me I would be back to buy it. He was right! I had no problems with the staff at all.

Went down there for components, and spied an old Savage 99, which I bought. Fair price, pleasant transaction, although waiting 8 days was BS - that's not the fault of the folks there. He threw in a gun case, I had a free doughnut, and he was nice to my kid. This place is a breath of fresh air compared to many other places not to mention the best prices on components in New England.

Went there a few weeks ago and put down a deposit on a handgun to order, ended up not being available in the time frame I was looking for so I cancelled the order (manufacturers fault not Heritage). Great service, they offered me my full deposit back, which seems to be rare in RI. I decided to purchase a bunch of ammo and supplies instead at a great price. Won't hesitate to stop in again when I need something. Highly recommend them!

Back
Top Bottom