Haven't been but will check it out.

They definitely need an editor.

Between all the "guage's"

and this

Egyptian AK-47 with 30 round clip
7.62 x 39 Cal

[thinking]

Last edited:
Just checked there website, looks legit. Not to far from ill have to check it out. Wish places put prices on in stock items on there webpages, but I did see they have an Egyptian Ak with a "30 round clip"....

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't been but will check it out.

They definitely need an editor.

Between all the "guage's"

and this

Egyptian AK-47 with 30 round clip
7.62 x 39 Cal

[thinking]
Wow beet me to it

I've stopped in as I live 2 min away.

I got prices on a few guns and they were super low. Not sure if they were quoting me dealer prices or not.

They quoted me $345 for a Ruger SR-22... But they had one in the case marked at $375.

They don't have a large stock (few used/new handguns) They do classes there as well.

They have some ammo as well. Friend got some .22 there for pretty cheap money.

I have not met the owner only the older gentleman who is their lawyer. His wife teaches some of the classes there as well.

I have stopped in before, seem to be good people and hope they do well and get more stock in there.

At the time I discussed a few things with the workers and had mixed feeling after that, but, not enough to keep me from going there. One of the young guys working there picked up a pistol out of the case and proceeded to flag the whole store waiving it around while he was talking and dry fired it a bunch of times. It kind of annoyed me but it didn't seem to phase either him or the other person that was there and it was never pointed directly at me personally, but, I just found it odd. Had a few long guns on consignment to which the workers thought the sellers prices were high. Prices seemed ok, although they didn't have a ton of stuff. They seem to be focused a lot of classes. I will def stop in from time to time since I'm close by and like I said hope things improve.

I've stopped in as I live 2 min away.

I got prices on a few guns and they were super low. Not sure if they were quoting me dealer prices or not.

They quoted me $345 for a Ruger SR-22... But they had one in the case marked at $375.

They don't have a large stock (few used/new handguns) They do classes there as well.

They have some ammo as well. Friend got some .22 there for pretty cheap money.

I have not met the owner only the older gentleman who is their lawyer. His wife teaches some of the classes there as well.

im pretty sure that guy is the owner

looks like there having a "Grand Opening" today

I am the "Old Man" who someone has so named. My given name is Ed Scallon, since I am older than any of the other 5 owners, I guess I am the old man, Identifed and referred to in another's quote/blog, frankly, I do not care how one identifies me via age, or aged appearance. I always thoiught that with a little snow on the roof someone similarly situated, has bragging rights, with gray hair. That being me, as the old guy, could pontificate or at lease brag, that he had a monicum of wisdom coupled his age by virtue of this hair color. I am 64 years old and damn proud of it. But, Yes, I am a retired Providence Police officer and a retired Trial Attorney. That does not make me a better gunsmith, sales person or a better person than anyone else. My prior jobs were just profesions which I entered as a "young man." Iam a princiapl owner and assistant in creating this company which opened to the general public on December 02, 2014. Your admonition of inventory in January was corrrect; stop in now and see five times that original inventory. We have grown in the past 3 months. You will be impressed. Most if not all who work at the "sales counter" are US MILITARY COMBAT VETERANS. The structure of the store is dedicated to the finest, TRAINING i.,e., LTC / FID training, LEOSA Training, NRA Training, Refuse to be a Victim Training and Range Safety. Therafter the best new firearms, consignments or used guns one could acquire, are being sold at our establishement. Why don't you folks just stop in and see the store / school campus. We will be more than glad to provide you with the individual curricimum veitae of every insturctor. As the Old Man, I get a kick out of it, since, I can relate information which no one can find in any book you could purchase, thereafter, you will be impressed. Let's not forget our local visitors, with whom you can sit with by the fireplace while enjoying a free cup of coffee and snacks, and listening to their tails of hunting, fishing or the one that got away. Those stories are priceless. If you want to investigate a firearm you can learn a ton of information from Aaron, Ken or Korey. They have probably forgotten more information which the average person would never hear. The reason is simple, they are passionate and attend seminars, schools, training and are exposed to the LAW of MA Gen Law ch. 140 which the Old man does teach. Please do not admonish a sales person who is instructing a customer in the correct edquite of firearms handling, it is the Law and it is what we demand within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts personnel.

All comments are respectfully accepted, since it will only help make us a better sporting goods store for all.

Respectfully,

-The Old MAn

Please do not admonish a sales person who is instructing a customer in the correct edquite of firearms handling, it is the Law and it is what we demand within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts personnel

Not sure if this is in reference to my post earlier where I said the sales guy was handling the gun and dry firing...but if it is, let me assure you this was not any instruction for a customer. I was simply talking to the guy, and he mentioned a particular gun that they had just come in, It was at this Time where he took it from the case, pointed it around and dry fired it a few times. I never asked to see it, nor did I say I was interested in it. This is fine, and his right to do. It was just different (to me). Most shops arent crazy about customers dry firing weapons, and typically just pull the gun out, lock the slide back and hand it to a potential customer. Like I said it was just different than what I was used to. I'm all for sales people offering to show you something in the case but I suppose I was just kind of caught off guard by the way it was done in this particular case.

The above incident is nothing that would prevent me from going there, in fact, I did stop by for a few mins at the grand opening, although it was pretty crowded and hectic in there at the time I stopped by. I was pleased to see that there was a decent amount of inventory and few interesting guns on consignment. I will continue to stop by occasionally as I hope they do well and continue to build up inventory.

Let me be clear I stated you were the Older Gentleman that works there. (Not the Old man like you have stated)

Not sure if this is in reference to my post earlier where I said the sales guy was handling the gun and dry firing...but if it is, let me assure you this was not any instruction for a customer. I was simply talking to the guy, and he mentioned a particular gun that they had just come in, It was at this Time where he took it from the case, pointed it around and dry fired it a few times. I never asked to see it, nor did I say I was interested in it. This is fine, and his right to do. It was just different (to me). Most shops arent crazy about customers dry firing weapons, and typically just pull the gun out, lock the slide back and hand it to a potential customer. Like I said it was just different than what I was used to. I'm all for sales people offering to show you something in the case but I suppose I was just kind of caught off guard by the way it was done in this particular case.

The above incident is nothing that would prevent me from going there, in fact, I did stop by for a few mins at the grand opening, although it was pretty crowded and hectic in there at the time I stopped by. I was pleased to see that there was a decent amount of inventory and few interesting guns on consignment. I will continue to stop by occasionally as I hope they do well and continue to build up inventory.

i will
definitely look into this. I appreciate your input. Please call me anytime as I will no longer be on this site. I thought being on this site would be educational, however, I'm very disapointed in mostnofmthe men I heard from ( not you). I need to go on with my life, build the store up. Looks like we all need more training/ education. However, this site is nasty, full of bullies, whoaaaaaaa, worse than a high school,text session LOL. Stop buy the store, the coffee is always on

As for the forum, your sample size is tool small to judge. This forum is certainly not "full of bullies." You received a couple negative posts out of thousands of members.

I think you need to stick around a little longer. If you get insulted, as a business owner, you need to let it roll off your back. Don't give in to people who jump up too quickly to insult others. By walking away, you're pissing a lot of potential customers down the drain.

As for the forum, your sample size is tool small to judge. This forum is certainly not "full of bullies." You received a couple negative posts out of thousands of members.

I think you need to stick around a little longer. If you get insulted, as a business owner, you need to let it roll off your back. Don't give in to people who jump up too quickly to insult others. By walking away, you're pissing a lot of potential customers down the drain.

This. Don't read too much into it. In fact, because of this thread, I'll be stopping by in the next few weeks. I'm not far from Somerset.

Unless there are other threads that I didn't read where he got nasty responses i don't see anything all that negative in this thread. I seriously hope he isn't considering anything I wrote in the comment about bully's etc. I hope as the owner of a new shop you would want constructive critisism on things you can improve or that potential customers would like to see in your store.

i seriously hope this place does well, and I have stopped in a couple times and have seen it improve each time (inventory etc). Its great to have another shop fairly close by.

I stopped in there Fri and thought there was a pretty good selection. The guy working there was prob late 20's. He was watching tv with his buddy when I walked in. I was looking in the display cases then they came over and the guy pulled a gun out of the case and just started firing in the air a bunch of times. I thought it was strange and he def wasn't instructing anyone

I sent my wife there for her LTC class a few months ago. It was a pretty awful class. The instructor spent more time going off topic and ranting about politics than actually teaching the class. There was no live fire, no real firearms to see and touch, and the instructor was really bad. How do you conduct a training class and not show someone how to clear a firearm??? I don't know what training class it was but it certainly was not an NRA course or other recognized training class. It seemed to be a "homemade" training program, complete with a textbook written by the owner himself. At the end of the class my wife's certificate was signed by the owner but he wasn't event he person who taught the class! I don't even know if that's legal to have one person teach and someone else sign off on the training. Thankfully, since I'm am now a certified NRA instructor, I was able to take my wife to the range and give her a proper class. I can't speak for the shop selection or prices. But, I question the capability and quality of the instructors.

Please do not admonish a sales person who is instructing a customer in the correct edquite [sic] of firearms handling, it is the Law and it is what we demand within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts personnel.

One of the young guys working there picked up a pistol out of the case and proceeded to flag the whole store waiving it around while he was talking and dry fired it a bunch of times.

Are you saying that MGL requires sales people showing guns to flag the entire store, or that noting unsafe practices is out of line? (I am only responding the posts, I have not yet been at this shop and cannot attest to the veracity of the original claim)

I'm still trying to figure out what a "curricimum veitae" is and if its anything like a curriculum vitae

Back
Top Bottom