New Gun Show Plymouth

florida-lots1123

NES Member
Saw flyer for Gun Show in Plymouth this weekend.
Will give it a try.

Please spare me the bo and beef jerky jokes.

I would rather have what we have, than nothing at all.

PLYMOUTH, MASS. South Shore Expo Center 8 Natalie Way, Plymouth MA 02360

My knee is still bothering me. Tendonitis. Driving and standing in one place are the worst things for it. So I guess I'll be skipping htis plus Marlboro2 next weekend. :(

I had never heard of this show before so I went on Saturday for the first time after reading about it here on the forum. The venue is unique, an indoor sports complex complete with artificial turf and lots of room so vendor tables were not right on top of one another like some of the local club shows. Unfortunately I didn't find any gun deals. I actually thought the gun prices were over inflated. I did purchase three 3/8 inch steel plates and hanging hardware. The plates were more expensive than can be found online ($20 more for all three plates) but I wanted them and I'm an impulse buyer.

Good luck to anyone going today, maybe you'll find a deal.

I went a few years ago. At that time the parking lot, or what serves as a lot, was full of mud. The venue was dark and as I recall ventilation was iffy. I might hit Marlboro next weekend and try Sunday for a change. In 15 years, I've only bought three guns at shows. All three were good deals, but they were unicorns in a field of over priced plow horses.

As bottle-cap points out, there is significant cost to setting up at a gun show, so bargains are rare. The only real advantage is that (at least it used to be) there are a lot of vendors in one place and you can walk around and see who has what.

Rarely any deals. Vendors need to recover their costs for setting up there, traveling etc. I recommend you stick with esssblished local brick and mortar stores who will be there after a sale if you have any issues etc.[
I went a few years ago. At that time the parking lot, or what serves as a lot, was full of mud. The venue was dark and as I recall ventilation was iffy. I might hit Marlboro next weekend and try Sunday for a change. In 15 years, I've only bought three guns at shows. All three were good deals, but they were unicorns in a field of over priced plow horses.

As bottle-cap points out, there is significant cost to setting up at a gun show, so bargains are rare. The only real advantage is that (at least it used to be) there are a lot of vendors in one place and you can walk around and see who has what.
Me thinks they relying on shoppers to buy out of frustration.
They could make more money if they sold more stuff.
These vendors might as well be one store as they seem to set prices amongst themselves and stick to it.
There is room at the plymouth venue as there are fewer vendors.

Gun shows should be treated like car shows, look at things you dont have and generally cant afford anyway.
Gun shows can be ok for finding odd ball parts and gear.
You need to go to shows with cash and a goal.
Plymouth is a bad spot. I have gone 2 times in the handful of times its been here.
I walked out with 5 20 round AR mags for $100 and 5 crates of surplus (2 tins) 54r at $90 each tin when they where trying to get $130/tin

The Show was Pretty Good. Hope to see more vendors next time. Bought a German Paratrooper Knife and a Glock 9mm Stick Mag.
Will be in Marboro this Weekend.

Sounds like it was the same as it was 3 or so years ago when I went with the "crew". Not huge. Spread out. Back then, there were kids playing soccer on the far side. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom