• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New gun shop

ARV

I was just sent an article by my sister (that I can't figure out for the life of me how to get a link for to post one here) about a new gun shop in Turners Falls, my home town. It's called the Gun Rack located on Avenue A. I know nothing else about it, it's opened since the last time I was home, but any new shop is a good shop, right? Check it out and make it a success.

https://m.facebook.com/thegunracktgr/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently the paper reporting it only believes they should take pictures of their news, not actually posting it on the internet so...
SMON_160421_A01.jpg

They can have any policy they want, but this one right here is a deal breaker for me: Selling all types of firearms, both new and used. Not an " order online and pick up here store".

turners falls--- nice town---have a 1/2" socket set from the old turners falls (mfg.? tool?) co. over 40 years old, never a hiccup.

'merica.

[cheers]

i'll stop in next time i pass through

Last edited:
turners falls--- nice town---have a 1/2" socket set from the old turners falls (mfg.? tool?) co. over 40 years old, never a hiccup.

'merica.

[cheers]

i'll stop in next time i pass through

I believe it is "Millers Falls". They made all kinds of great quality tools. I still have a couple of old drills at the shop.

Greenfield Tap and Die - GTD - was another great tool maker. They made a lot of the taps & dies for Colt, Winchester, Savage, and many others from the 1800's until Kennametal bought them out a while back. I have a complete set of GTD left hand taps from 3/32 to 3/4 inch at the shop.

Going to stop by the gun rack today, say hello, buy some ammo, and see what else is available.

I believe it is "Millers Falls". They made all kinds of great quality tools. I still have a couple of old drills at the shop.

Greenfield Tap and Die - GTD - was another great tool maker. They made a lot of the taps & dies for Colt, Winchester, Savage, and many others from the 1800's until Kennametal bought them out a while back. I have a complete set of GTD left hand taps from 3/32 to 3/4 inch at the shop.

Going to stop by the gun rack today, say hello, buy some ammo, and see what else is available.

yes!!!! your are correct---i just checked the case----old age settling in nicely for me[rolleyes]

so which town did i drive through on rte 2 with the good sized gorge??? millers or turners???

Last edited:
yes!!!! your are correct---i just checked the case----old age settling in nicely for me[rolleyes]

so which town did i drive through on rte 2 with the good sized gorge??? millers or turners???

The French King bridge through Gill / Erving (I live in Erving). French king bridge is a 150 to 165 drop to CT river below. View is spectacular in the autumn but is dangerous due to foot traffic.

EDIT:

Slim selection for firearms but is to be expected for a new shop. Ammo is plentiful, picked up 100 rounds .357 magnum for $48.
I drive by there x2 a day. Will try to make weekly visits to support the local guy.

Last edited:
Stopped in at the Gun Rack today and bought a HK p2000sk . Prices seem good and men behind the counter are friendly. Has a decent selection of HK , Sig , Walther and Smith and Wesson . A few ar style rifles and some hunting rifles and shotguns . A pretty new shop , hopefully they are going to do well and grow

Stopped by today. Cases and racks completely filled. And he says he's still getting more. Great ammo prices.

I applaud him for opening the store. Unfortunately it's in Mass. I just hope the AG and law makers don't continue to destroy businesses like his like they have been
especially with the most recent events.

Hey just seeing this for the first time!
Congrats to the new guy.....and Dammit, I know a Norm Emond, but looks to be this is a different Norm Emond.
Will definitely stop by next time I'm up that way.

Damn, they're over 2 hours from me. Well, I wish them luck, maybe it'll be worth the drive to stop up and see them sometime.

Just stopped there today. Nice selection (considering what can be sold now), and Norm seems like a great guy!

Old thread but I stopped in this shop yesterday . There's been a lot of interest in M1a's lately and this place has eleven on the back wall . I didn't look at prices but the guy seems pretty good on his other guns . If your looking it might be worth a visit .

Thought I’d send this to the top. Stopped here a few times recently. Norm is an awesome guy! Wish ever shop owner was as personable as him. Store is packed with inventory. well worth the stop and drive out of the way.

Back
Top Bottom