• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Gun Shop In Swansea

I heard there was a gun shop that was in Fall River, that has moved to Swansea on rt6 aka GAR Hwy.
Does anyone know anything more about it.

Dean

I heard there was a gun shop that was in Fall River, that has moved to Swansea on rt6 aka GAR Hwy.
Does anyone know anything more about it.

Dean

Ephesian said on their Facebook page they are moving to Somerset in a few weeks, could be them. the only other Fall River shop that I knew of was Flint arms but he is out of business right?

I'm surprised they are moving. I thought their whole thing was the machine shop for hard core gun smithing. or are they bringing that with them? I sort of got the impression that it was a separate business but a connected group.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

They are moving to somerset,where somerset speed was near teds auto sales..its a building set back.That whole machine shop was for govt contracts,I know the owner Matt,good guy

They are moving to somerset,where somerset speed was near teds auto sales..its a building set back.That whole machine shop was for govt contracts,I know the owner Matt,good guy

But is it coming with them to the new shop? Or is that part of the business done now? Just curious, use to stop in there on a regular basis when I worked down there... havnt had a chance much with job change and 2 kids at home.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Ephesian arms is moving to rt 6/ Somerset across from Autozone. That's what I heard anyway
This is correct

And if rumors are true - we may see another gun shop open in fall river

Sent from my C6530 using Tapatalk

I heard Ephesian was shut down.

If they've moved out of their old location and haven't updated their FFL to the new location yet, they are effectively shutdown until they get their new one. No firearms on the books can leave the shop.

Hard to believe a gun shop couldn't survive/thrive in these times. Record sales nation wide leads me to poor business models. Or, need bigger spaces for more invemtory. Hope that is the case.

Hard to believe a gun shop couldn't survive/thrive in these times. Record sales nation wide leads me to poor business models. Or, need bigger spaces for more invemtory. Hope that is the case.

People want to pursue their "dream" of opening up a shop but either don't have or don't want to put in the money that it probably takes to get one going, especially loading up on inventory. there is nothing more disappointing than walking into a new shop and seeing four guns in the racks.

Requires a substantial amount of capital to put into inventory if you want to keep customers the first time they come through the door. The worst thing you can do when you just open is have almost no selection, because then your potential customers will just defect to other stores. On top of that, margins on firearms themselves are razor thin. Really you need to have great accessories selections to bring the dollars. Its a tough nut to crack, but it can be done if you are realistic about what you can and cannot do in terms of performance and you understand what people want. Its that line where a hobby and a "want to do something" have to be met with the realization that you are now trying to make living off it.

I just drove by Autozone and did not see anything in that strip mall, and across the street are single business buildings that were all occupied.

Dean

Right on Dean;
I went to Somerset Speed, Talked to a woman there and she said that if a gun shop was coming to that area she knew nothing about it. The whole complex is owned by her husband and is quite sure he woulld have mentioned it.
Arnaki

Right on Dean;I went to Somerset Speed, Talked to a woman there and she said that if a gun shop was coming to that area she knew nothing about it. The whole complex is owned by her husband and is quite sure he woulld have mentioned it.Arnaki
ahhh somerset speed.... where i spent every dime I had as kid!!!!

Building was seized and deemed a hazard, major problems with the landlord from what I hear. Matt already had plans on moving to the new shop in Somerset, MA where the Somerset speed shop is located. Said he should be in cleaning it this week getting ready for the move. Know them guys pretty well.

I heard it was going near the speed shop but not in it. Up near the street a hundered or so yards down there is an old tanning place (hot bodeez). That's what I was told anyway.

Back
Top Bottom