new gun shop in SE Ma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you an Attorney? A Judge? Or a licensing agent? I am. I KNOW 940 cmr 16, I didnt right it, I dont like it, but we all must comply with it. IT'S THE CURRENT LAW!
Only Law enforcement or preban or used out of state can carry more that 10 rounds, subject to limitations by several soverign towns or city limitations.

This shop seems familiar.

Go in, ask if they have preban 30 round AR magazines, they ask whether the rifle is preban or not, no it's new, they give you the quoted lecture above, you say you'll go someplace else then, you get a friendly visit from the police for trying to acquire "illegal clips for your ghost gun".

[hmmm]

[

Seems to me that what you did wasn't very honorable and you were the one that brought up the subject of being an attorney. Don't try to turn the tables and wrap yourself around the flag of virtue. Nobody cares if you were an attorney ex-cop or a combat vet or whatever. They want to deal with a business that's fair, honest, and where people are knowledgeable So far the red flags are flying.

You now have just dismissed all of NES as not being composed of honorable men. Go ahead and write off one of the largest and most influential shooting forums in this part of the country and remember that word of mouth advertising is the best form of advertising. You admonish us not to judge, but you are being very judgmental IMO.

Now I'm about 5 years older than you and I'm going to give you some advice : this is how I would have handled it. In the interest of full disclosure I was suspended from the bar. This was a very unhappy and tragic episode in my life and I am neither proud nor happy with myself. This experience has made me a better person and I learned and grew from it and now I am realizing a dream of opening a gun shop. Come and check us out and decide based on your experience with us and see if we are not the best in the area.

You have problems with both ego and contrition. BTW, ever hear of an attorney named Jesse Cohen?

My suspension sir, was not dishonorable. Embarrassing for me, Hell YEAH ! It was a bad time in my life, I did not steal from clients, nor was any client affected by my actions. I am still a member IN GOOD STANDING with the Supreme Court of the USA, where I was just this past week.(Washington D.C.)
Also, I was able to get the clearance one needs to obtain an FFL. Open a gun store, teach Leosa I am fully accredited etc..... Back round check done, federally and through the state of good ole` Massachusetts!

Have I heard of Mr. Jesse Cohen, yes I have, I know him, have met him great guy and I do not judge him. Is he still suspended BTW? I wont share his problems on here as you are doing with me, I have more class than that and I respect Mr Cohen, let him deal with his issues privately like I did mine until today! I never throw stones, but you should also do your homework before trying to embarrass and discredit another man. It makes me wonder what you have hidden in your closet. Friends like you one doesn't need enemies.
My work ethic will speak for itself. To judge this store on my mistakes when there are 4 other very hard working kids involved is grossly unfair. SHAME ON YOU ! Did I mention I was, and always will be an Attorney? Of course, I am proud of my hard work and my passion for the Laws of our nation.

My suspension sir, was not dishonorable. Embarrassing for me, Hell YEAH ! It was a bad time in my life, I did not steal from clients, nor was any client affected by my actions. I am still a member IN GOOD STANDING with the Supreme Court of the USA, where I was just this past week.(Washington D.C.)
Also, I was able to get the clearance one needs to obtain an FFL. Open a gun store, teach Leosa I am fully accredited etc..... Back round check done, federally and through the state of good ole` Massachusetts!

Have I heard of Mr. Jesse Cohen, yes I have, I know him, have met him great guy and I do not judge him. Is he still suspended BTW? I wont share his problems on here as you are doing with me, I have more class than that and I respect Mr Cohen, let him deal with his issues privately like I did mine until today! I never throw stones, but you should also do your homework before trying to embarrass and discredit another man. It makes me wonder what you have hidden in your closet. Friends like you one doesn't need enemies.
My work ethic will speak for itself. To judge this store on my mistakes when there are 4 other very hard working kids involved is grossly unfair. SHAME ON YOU ! Did I mention I was, and always will be an Attorney? Of course, I am proud of my hard work and my passion for the Laws of our nation.

Then you must decide whether you are an attorney or a gunshop owner/retailer and work not to alienate a potential customer. I only asked if you knew Jesse Cohen. You are the one going on about him. For the record he is persona non grata on NES. I'm not trying to embarrass or discredit Attorney Cohen. I simply asked a question which you could have answered simply yes or no and I would have been satisfied. You read more into my question Counselor.

Feel free to ask me any questions you wish. I have nothing to hide. I'm sorry that you feel that your suspension from the bar is a skeleton in your closet. I didn't discover that, someone else did. I merely asked if you were licensed to practice law in Massachusetts since you had been a Providence Police Officer, thought maybe you were from Rhode Island. Qualifying for an FFL and having a background check means you don't have a criminal record, so it is really apples and oranges. If you chose not to live by the ethical canons of your former ? profession, since I can only surmise that you are a gun shop owner now, that's your problem. Attorneys who love the law and their profession, at least the ones I know respect themselves enough not to come into court intoxicated, or if they are, are clever enough not to get caught. You did no disservice to a client but you did disrespect yourself in my opinion, and if you think it's okay to be dishonorable to yourself as long as nobody else was hurt, then that tells me a lot about your character in my opinion. It merely means that we have conflicting values and standards.

Bottom line is that you are not getting off to a very auspicious start here, and you have to decide whether you are going to present yourself as a retailer or Ed Scallon, Esq. If you are always going to be an attorney, maybe you should pull out of the retail firearms business now or become a silent partner because you have done a horrendous amount of damage IMO and a disservice to your four other partners and your store.

Remember the old axiom: intellect over emotion. You are doing a little too much shooting from the hip counselor, free actually apologized to you and jonny5 gave you some excellent advice. You might be well advised to heed it.

I am not accusing you of anything, I would not know you if you walked down the street, I base my observations only what you have written here, and I am trying to make some sense of it.

Sorry, I was not trying to be nasty. And I was not judging you. Just presenting some obvious facts. Ed, you said you were an attorney. I was just showing you were not, that you were suspended, that's all. I wish you no ill will, and hope your store does good, but I do not think I will be visiting anytime soon.

Also, it is fair for you to be mad at me for showing how you were full of crap, but please don't be ticked off at everyone on this board, stick around and you will find some good folks, and it might help your business.

Just be who you are, live your gun shop dream. And stop lying.
I am a retired Attorney in the State of Ma. However, I am still an Attorney in GOOD standing in the U.S Supreme Court. Your attempt at embarrassing me to my peers was successful. Kudos to you. I sir am not a LIAR. Your an evil vile human. I pray the likes of you never step foot in our store. There are many good stores like ours PLEASE see them. I know there are many honorable men and woman on this site my utmost respect goes to them all. I have thick skin to deal with humans of your character. My years as a cop and as an Attorney I've met many many people such as yourself. Good luck to you. I'm good. My store is good, we are honest and our customers love us. The END

Then you must decide whether you are an attorney or a gunshop owner/retailer and work not to alienate a potential customer. I only asked if you knew Jesse Cohen. You are the one going on about him. For the record he is persona non grata on NES. I'm not trying to embarrass or discredit Attorney Cohen. I simply asked a question which you could have answered simply yes or no and I would have been satisfied. You read more into my question Counselor.

Feel free to ask me any questions you wish. I have nothing to hide. I'm sorry that you feel that your suspension from the bar is a skeleton in your closet. I didn't discover that, someone else did. I merely asked if you were licensed to practice law in Massachusetts since you had been a Providence Police Officer, thought maybe you were from Rhode Island. Qualifying for an FFL and having a background check means you don't have a criminal record, so it is really apples and oranges. If you chose not to live by the ethical canons of your former ? profession, since I can only surmise that you are a gun shop owner now, that's your problem. Attorneys who love the law and their profession, at least the ones I know respect themselves enough not to come into court intoxicated, or if they are, are clever enough not to get caught. You did no disservice to a client but you did disrespect yourself in my opinion, and if you think it's okay to be dishonorable to yourself as long as nobody else was hurt, then that tells me a lot about your character in my opinion. It merely means that we have conflicting values and standards.

Bottom line is that you are not getting off to a very auspicious start here, and you have to decide whether you are going to present yourself as a retailer or Ed Scallon, Esq. If you are always going to be an attorney, maybe you should pull out of the retail firearms business now or become a silent partner because you have done a horrendous amount of damage IMO and a disservice to your four other partners and your store.

Remember the old axiom: intellect over emotion. You are doing a little too much shooting from the hip counselor, free actually apologized to you and jonny5 gave you some excellent advice. You might be well advised to heed it.

I am not accusing you of anything, I would not know you if you walked down the street, I base my observations only what you have written here, and I am trying to make some sense of it.

Your to vile to respond. Clearly we all know what your true mission is here. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. I am not a perfect man, I'm sure, unless your name is Jesus Christ, your not either. Good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom