New gun shop in Salem MA?

"The proposal has already garnered opposition, however — most notably from Ward 5 City Councilor Josh Turiel. To date, Turiel said, he hasn't been approached about the business.

Though he acknowledges firearms are "a legal business" and "a legal industry," Turiel said he'd "rather see fewer gun shops than more of them."

"I don't see a strong public benefit to having more of them," Turiel said."

What a DB

"It's typical that, in a situation like this where there's a business that might generate some pushback or controversy, in many of these cases, you'll see a representative of the party reach out to the ward councilor," Turiel said. "This applicant hasn't done so, and that's fine — I don't really see too much of a scenario where that would make a difference in my opinion."

Who the f*%& does this dirtbag think he is? Got a bit of an inflated sense of self-importance there, idiot.

Its bad time to try to start a new gun shop unless he's got a warehouse full of inventory already! I don't know what he's thinking.

With the amount of bullshit that involves putting down a plank in a town like that, most of the garbage will probably be over by the time he gets set up... lmao.

Also since Dave Frank shut down I don't think there is a dealer out there in the middle of nowhere. (and Salem MA is literally the middle of nowhere lmao for being inside the loops)

"The proposal has already garnered opposition, however — most notably from Ward 5 City Councilor Josh Turiel. To date, Turiel said, he hasn't been approached about the business.

Though he acknowledges firearms are "a legal business" and "a legal industry," Turiel said he'd "rather see fewer gun shops than more of them."

What a DB

Who the f*%& does this dirtbag think he is? Got a bit of an inflated sense of self-importance there, idiot.
Sounds like he really gets off on being the man in charge of his ward.
I'd love to see a list of shops in his ward, I'm sure plenty of them I'd say have "no strong public benefit" - as if that even mattered or was relevant.

What a DB

Salem’s hanging it’s hat on mediocre pizza and weed.

They will get very stiff opposition Salem IS NOT a business friendly city, unless your linked in with the SCARE community. His family owns the building and has an already established industry there. Shouldn’t need any zoning changes.
He is not asking for a zoning change, he is seeking a special permit for a non-conforming use. Hope he prevails, but these basterds will do everything they can to obstruct.

I’d rather drive to Boston than deal with going into Salem Mass

It is a pain in the ballsac, it always ends up taking far longer than you think it does to get in and out of that town.

It's far worse than driving to one of those towns that is on the other side of Worcester that has no highway connecting to it.

Fun fact of where he is putting it : its sinking into the canal bed across the street. You can drive down that street at a 30 degree incline.

Another like situation was the recent (2019) new J&J Arms in Dedham. Just a guy and his wife trying to open a shop, make an honest living a provide a needed service. They made it through the bullshit and opened. Great working-man hours too for us customers.

Last edited:

What a DB
Turel is a nut job liberal TDS and anti 2A hardcore. He writes opinionated "contributions" to the once occasionaly entertaining Gloucester Clam.

I didn’t know Salem was actually open outside of Halloween 🎃...

thought it just turned into a pumpkin,,,is that not true? Is there another reason anyone would actually want to live there?

I didn’t know Salem was actually open outside of Halloween 🎃...

thought it just turned into a pumpkin,,,is that not true? Is there another reason anyone would actually want to live there?
I lived there for 1.5 years, 15 years ago. Apartments were cheap and some parts were nice ish. It turns out it was a huge mistake. I hate that town. I know quite a few others that committed to a condo or house and bailed out in under 2 years

I lived there for 1.5 years, 15 years ago. Apartments were cheap and some parts were nice ish. It turns out it was a huge mistake. I hate that town. I know quite a few others that committed to a condo or house and bailed out in under 2 years
Aside from two square blocks downtown that are decent, the town is falling apart and kind of a dump..that’s what you get when your biggest source of GDP is Halloween and everything to cater to that...

There was another shop proposal in Salem like 10 or so years ago. I dont remember much about it besides all the usual " within 10 miles of a school, think of the children" nonsense. It never got off the ground

Back
Top Bottom