• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Gun Shop in Leominster (Old Mill Gun Shop)

I have a Old Mill horror story to share. I bought a brand new G34 Gen 3 for the fair massachusetts asking prices. So I bought some Dawson Percision sights, fiber optic front with a blacked out rear. I went in there and spoke to the Quote Unquote gunsmith and asked how much to put the sights on. He said 20 bucks so I dropped the slide off that night. The next day he calls saying the factory glock rear sight is better cuz it has white paint on it. I explained the blacked out rear are target sights and I wanted that on there. So half an hour later he called back saying it was ready. He them told me he broke the glock sight tool getting it in and it took longer to do so it was going to be 50 bucks instead. I went down there and Jon was trying to say that sights take a long time to put on and proceded to show me the broken glock tool. I think the kid he has doing the work knows very little about gun smithing and Jon shouldn't be trying to make up excuses for the price going up like having to file the rear sight.I told him to go on Dawson Precision website and watch the video on how to do it and he would clearly see they have to be filed for a perfect fit cuz all slides vary. I paid the money and walked out without saying another word. I think it's crazy to charge 50 bucks to put on 75 dollar sights. I will never step foot in that place again nevermind spending my hard earned money there. Moral of the story is do business with places with a good reputation not a place that is close by.

Sorry you had to learn the hard way. Those guys there are a bunch of buffoons. If you think that sight install was bad, you should see their ARs. I have seen a few leave that place waaaaay out of MA AWB compliance with scuffs and scratches all over them (most were cleverly covered over with black marker). . I had a heart to heart with their "gunsmith" the final time I was in there. He tried to tell me that MA law says a collapsable stock has to be pinned at its longest length...[rolleyes]. I wonder how long it is going to be before they get a friendly visit from the AG's office or EOPS.

Sorry you had to learn the hard way. Those guys there are a bunch of buffoons. If you think that sight install was bad, you should see their ARs. I have seen a few leave that place waaaaay out of MA AWB compliance with scuffs and scratches all over them (most were cleverly covered over with black marker). . I had a heart to heart with their "gunsmith" the final time I was in there. He tried to tell me that MA law says a collapsable stock has to be pinned at its longest length...[rolleyes]. I wonder how long it is going to be before they get a friendly visit from the AG's office or EOPS.

Made the mistake of picking up my very first AR from them when they first opened. Brought it to the range, fired of a few mags, brought it home to clean and found the barrel nut wasnt ****ing torqued down. It was finger tight.............
They charge people and give AR building classes to lol.

The funny thing is Jon and I have had a few chats about good business practices. And he always said you have to take care of your customers. He obviously does not practice what he preaches. He must think he has something special in that crappy shop that he can do what he pleases and talk to people how he does. I'm sure the only thing keeping him in business is the gun craze thats going on right now. Once ammo and gun start flooding the market again and people realize that they can get things else where. His shop won't be around for long. I'm sure this summer I will get a lot of question on where I got my G34 and I won't be telling people I got it there. I know quite a few shooters and they have all said they won't go to his shop anymore. Word of mouth kills a business quicker then anything else.

The funny thing is Jon and I have had a few chats about good business practices. And he always said you have to take care of your customers. He obviously does not practice what he preaches. He must think he has something special in that crappy shop that he can do what he pleases and talk to people how he does. I'm sure the only thing keeping him in business is the gun craze thats going on right now. Once ammo and gun start flooding the market again and people realize that they can get things else where. His shop won't be around for long. I'm sure this summer I will get a lot of question on where I got my G34 and I won't be telling people I got it there. I know quite a few shooters and they have all said they won't go to his shop anymore. Word of mouth kills a business quicker then anything else.

Sometimes people can't see that they don't practice what they preach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm done with the place after the B.S I had to put up with.....it's a stone throw away from me, but I would rather drive to a gun shop I know values customers, and are not total shit peddlers.
The place was good at first, but I think it's because I was blinded by the fact it was right by my apartment, I have learned my lesson.

Wow I cant believe he actually commented. He probably needs something to stir up business there. I went in last week to just look around, even though I know what the result will be..no ammo. no guns. A man was in there asking about getting a glock from out of state. He told the owner that it was made Pre- Ban and it should be able to be transfered. And the owner insisted that it had to be in the state before the ban so he coud not be the FFL of the glock. Now Im not 100% sure but I know someone who finds used guns for me and he has boughten pre ban glocks on gun broker and had them shipped to a MA FFL. But anyways i wanted to talk to the guy asking about it but before I could the owner told him to keep checking back at the shop sometimes they get a glock in. Well what i wanted to tell the guy was " Screw this place even if they do get a glock its crazy over priced, and they never have anything. You should just go to northeastshooters and check the classifieds there are always glocks on there. And if I were you i would just keep calling around to shops im sure one of them would be the FFL for the glock you wanted"

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped by there today! Awesome place, open Sunday which was really cool...picked up 200 rounds of .40 S&W and 200 round of .22 LR....VERY nice guys over there and told them i drove in from Worcester so he sold me twice the daily limit of 2 boxes....so all in all 4 boxes of each...not a bad days haul haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Maybe because no one is buying from them so they sold you twice the daily limit. [laugh]

Last year I went in there looking for 5.56 rounds. The owner showed me his last bag of 500 rounds and said that since it was the last of it, he was gonna cut me a discount for it. I passed on the offer and found out later, that his "discount" was his normal pricing on it. [rolleyes]

Lol yes i figured that might be the case...oh well got 4 boxes of .40 and 4 boxes of .22 so i was happy with that...everywhere i go lately has a 2 box limit...drives ya nuts haha

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Only thing I bought from them was a 50 round bag of green tip .223, for $.50 a round. Back then it was a bit over priced, now a steal of a deal... Hah

Guy was an a**h*** to me the entire time I was in there, and when I asked if I could pick up a gun on his counter, he had a look on his face as if I asked to shit on his shoes. Look guy, you have a Kriss Vector sitting on your counter with an eotech sitting on it, I'm gunna want to check it out. He didn't trust me and had to double check to see if the eotech was shut off completely. First and last time I went in there.

went there yesterday to get some 38 special, only had "value pack" of winchester white box 100 for 49.99. Said I wanted some carry ammo for my new .38 and he tried to sell me 38 super +P, luckily someone else behind the counter caught the mistake or I woulda been screwed!. Other than that the place had nothing

Only thing I bought from them was a 50 round bag of green tip .223, for $.50 a round. Back then it was a bit over priced, now a steal of a deal... Hah

Guy was an a**h*** to me the entire time I was in there, and when I asked if I could pick up a gun on his counter, he had a look on his face as if I asked to shit on his shoes. Look guy, you have a Kriss Vector sitting on your counter with an eotech sitting on it, I'm gunna want to check it out. He didn't trust me and had to double check to see if the eotech was shut off completely. First and last time I went in there.

[rofl] that was funny.

thank you sir, may have another? i am so gracious for you allowing me to give you my money for twice the daily limit.

don't be fooled, you just threw your money to total douchebags, daily limit dude. these guys are trying to become the next bonded warehouse and might as well be up there on the same page of douchebaggery as NET.

Why wouldn't the owner of old mill give a great review of his store?
Yeah both posts from the guy are positive about old mill.
Old mill needs to stay old news

Visited the old mill gun shop in Leominster today found the staff to be friendly and helpful. also found the 9mm ammo I have been looking for
I plan on making more purchases their, excellent gunshop A+++++++

Went there today huh? Your post was at 9:43AM.

Old Mill's posted hours:
Hours of operation:
M-W 10am-6pm
Th-F 10am-8pm

[rolleyes]

makes 'ya wonder.

> wakes up
> scratches ass
> walks gets out of bed, walks to home PC
> sits down
> picks up morning coffee left by wife
> sips
> directs web browser to NES.com
> reads negative, scathing reviews about own gun shop due to personal asshatery
> SLAMS FIST ON DESK
> scowls
> rubs chin in pondering manner for 5 minutes
> suddenly points right index finger towards ceiling while turning to look at imaginary Personal Life Documentary Camera Man
> clicks *create username*
> thinks.....
> .......
> ......
> .....
> ....
> ...
> ...
> ...
> ...
> ...
> ...
> ...
> ...
> ...
> ...
> ...
> ...
> ...
> ...
> looks around living room, spots free shitty ruger swag after emailing them about cool new shop
> types "ruger"
> thinks.......
> ......
> ......
> ......
> .....
> ....
> ...
> ...
> ...
> ...
> ...
> ...
> ...
> ...
> ...
> ...
> ...
> ...
> ...
> ...
> types "123"
> grins menacingly while turning to look at pretend Personal Life Documentary Camera Man
> clicks "Reply to Thread"
> types:

Douche said:
Visited the old mill gun shop in Leominster today found the staff to be friendly and helpful. also found the 9mm ammo I have been looking for
I plan on making more purchases their, excellent gunshop A+++++++

> grins
> closes browser

-Old Mill Gun Shop Owner

My wife purchased a firearm on gunbroker.com and had it shipped to Old Mill Gun Shop. Before OMGS would agree to accept the firearm, they requested the FFL of the shipper. Under federal law, the recipient must have an FFL, but the sender isn't required to have one. Fortunately, the seller was an FFL and although they thought it an odd request, they provided OMGS with a copy of their FFL. Several days later, we contacted OMGS to inquire about the firearm, which tracking showed was delivered 2 days prior, but they hadn't picked it up from the post office. The next day, after OMGS picked up the firearm at the post office, my wife went to OMGS to handle the transfer paperwork and was told by OMGS the firearm wasn't MA-compliant due to magazine capacity. My wife, who is extremely knowlegeable about firearms, especially the one she just purchased on gunbroker, pointed out that the mag capacity was 10 rounds. IMGS then asked why she didn't purchase the firearm friom them. She informed them that she'd gotten a better price on gunbroker than the price advertised on their website. She told them she paid $289, to which OMGS replied that they sell them for that price, even though their website shows a higher price - claiming they don't update the website. A few days later, an elderly friend of mine visited OMGS to inquire about the purchase of the same firearm my wife had purchased on gunbroker, which OMGS said they sell for $289. OMGS threw out a price of $400 - $500 and claimed they were't too familair with the firearm, although they sell them. The longer my friend was there, the more the price came down, eventually falling to $329, which is still not the $289 price my wife was quoted a few days earlier. I personally don't like the sales tactics this place employs, seemingly trying to squeeze every nickel out of a sale, which is reminisce of tactics employed by used car salesman. While my wife and I may go back to this place to make ammo purchases only, based on our experience thus far, I can't recommend OMGS to friends and family. If this place was forth coming with their price and knowledgeable about the firearms, I'd feel more comfortable dealing with them and recommending them to others.

They're still in business? I get a lot of 2nd hand feedback from people about gun shops and this place is working its way into "The gun room - North" category pretty rapidly. [thinking]

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom