• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Gun Shop in Leominster (Old Mill Gun Shop)

Good luck to everyone who trusted John. I've known him for a while, from the time he used to work at Wayne's weaponry. All I've got to say about the way he runs his business is this: he's got a spot in his store (or at least he used to) called the police evidence locker. He's another Dowd in the making, and if you ask him he'll proudly agree to the fact that he's trying to be the #1 bonded warehouse in MA. I know this.... The man he partnered with when originally opening the store is DESPERATELY trying to sell his share of he contract due to johns actions recently. It's sad too, because MA needs as many local shoppes as we can get. I've been in there 5-6 times since he's opened, and each and every time, I've left with a bad review. Bottom line, the owner John is a dick. But that's just my opinion. My review. Take it with a grain of salt.

Anyone heard anything about his "AR building class" ... Im new to the rifle world and this sounds like it may be a way to learn with someone around to keep me from breaking equipment that is both expensive and hard to find these days? I wonder if the parts are decent build quality or some POS for practice?

Considering last time I was there he complained about selling guns as fast as they come in and he would rather just "sell a few a day", like before the panic, I have no clue why he is in business. Seemed like the business was more of a burden than something he enjoyed.

Considering last time I was there he complained about selling guns as fast as they come in and he would rather just "sell a few a day", like before the panic, I have no clue why he is in business. Seemed like the business was more of a burden than something he enjoyed.

I think he said that because he can't get enough, it comes in he's busy then has nothing.

Shield 9mm there tonight used 389, for anyone looking

I haven't even been to the shop yet and I have already heard a lot of bad things. I guess it's turning into the old armor arms that use to be in the same spot! Ill still check it out for myself though

Explanation by Another Dealer

I am upset that they raised the price on everyone

I am a gun dealer and manufacturer located in California. I am posting this in response to everyone's comments to see if I can try to explain the price jump. I am not part of Old Mill Gun Shop, but in reading everyone's responses and seeing how upset everyone is, I am just trying to give you all an explanation. After the shooting at Newtown, Connecticut, I am sure you are all aware that gun prices rose significantly due to increased demand. As a result, and to all our detriment, gun parts also rose significantly. I do not know what your prices are in MA, but I do know the prices here in CA, and they are not what they were. Due to the increase in prices from other vendors, all the gun dealers and manufacturers were forced to raise their prices also. We too, here in CA, have very unhappy customers that are paying more for guns now then before, but it is not because we are trying to make more money ... it is because we are paying more for the merchandise ourselves and have to pass on the extra cost to our customers, unfortunately.

Please do not blame the gun dealers and manufacturers for the price increase. I can assure you, it is not our fault. We are only going along with the prices due to the increase in demand and limited supply. Some of my customers are waiting for prices to go down to purchase their guns, some of my customers are paying the higher price and waiting for their guns or gun parts to arrive, but they realize that the price increase is not greed. Instead it is due to price increases even on our end. Please do not get upset at Old Mill Gun Shop and cancel orders already made since the increase in price is not their fault. It is just what we have to deal with at the current state of our economy. Also keep in mind that higher taxes must be paid on all items, which also drives the price up as well.

I hope this helps to explain the reason for price increases on gun parts and guns. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me ... Global Arms (818)500-4959 or email me at [email protected]

Thank you.
Harry Kasbarian, CEO
Global Arms Inc

Please do not get upset at Old Mill Gun Shop and cancel orders already made since the increase in price is not their fault.

Regardless of the current political situation, seems like people had an agreed upon price...a $200 price increase, after the fact, is straight up bad business... Hell, we here at NES are still getting next to normal pricing on our groups buys. Maybe you should go green and take advantage of our buying power [wink]

As too John at Old Mill...I wouldnt stick up for this guy all too much. He's a gouger. Just a little over a week ago was Trying to sell a KelTec KSG for $2000 while citing GUNBROKER for his FAIR price. This place is no good, i'll never give them another penny.

EDIT: Also, if your Johns source for AR's (he considers himself a manufacturer), you might want to fill him in that your normally sourced upper and lowers are not Billet...He seems to think they are as I just recently heard him telling a customer that "ya im getting about 50 billet ones in NEXT week" [rofl]

Last edited:
john is a price gouger,and story teller.anyone who buys from him good luck to you.I know very little about the Ar-15's some of you are waiting for,What I do know is that if Old Mill and the customer made a deal for a set price then the price changes for whatever reason,that is not good bussiness.right after Newtown i posted a built lower for $225.a couple of days before I met the buyer the prices on lowers skyrocketed,I met the buyer and sold it to him for $225.i probably could have sold it for $400+ but My reputation and word is worth more to me than a couple hundred dollars.I bought a gun from John for $750,fired 6 rounds out of it and then sold it back to him,he gave me $300 for it and told me that was all it was worth,not really a man of honor if you ask me.And lastly the guy he had working for him Tony,He wasn't even paying him an hourly wage,the guy was working the counter every time i went in there it seemed.I'm done going there myself.I'll drive 30 min and go to Blue Northern before i drive 5 mins to old mill

Last edited:
I am a gun dealer and manufacturer located in California. I am posting this in response to everyone's comments to see if I can try to explain the price jump. I am not part of Old Mill Gun Shop, but in reading everyone's responses and seeing how upset everyone is, I am just trying to give you all an explanation. After the shooting at Newtown, Connecticut, I am sure you are all aware that gun prices rose significantly due to increased demand. As a result, and to all our detriment, gun parts also rose significantly. I do not know what your prices are in MA, but I do know the prices here in CA, and they are not what they were. Due to the increase in prices from other vendors, all the gun dealers and manufacturers were forced to raise their prices also. We too, here in CA, have very unhappy customers that are paying more for guns now then before, but it is not because we are trying to make more money ... it is because we are paying more for the merchandise ourselves and have to pass on the extra cost to our customers, unfortunately.

Please do not blame the gun dealers and manufacturers for the price increase. I can assure you, it is not our fault. We are only going along with the prices due to the increase in demand and limited supply. Some of my customers are waiting for prices to go down to purchase their guns, some of my customers are paying the higher price and waiting for their guns or gun parts to arrive, but they realize that the price increase is not greed. Instead it is due to price increases even on our end. Please do not get upset at Old Mill Gun Shop and cancel orders already made since the increase in price is not their fault. It is just what we have to deal with at the current state of our economy. Also keep in mind that higher taxes must be paid on all items, which also drives the price up as well.

I hope this helps to explain the reason for price increases on gun parts and guns. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me ... Global Arms (818)500-4959 or email me at [email protected]

Thank you.
Harry Kasbarian, CEO
Global Arms Inc

I'm not upset or have any problems with you guys or your gear. I am just pissed with Old mill. When I put my money down for my rifle I was told they were already on their way in. needless to say that was complete BS. Also, that shop needs to do a little bit of reading up on what constitutes an assault weapon in MA.

Regardless of the current political situation, seems like people had an agreed upon price...a $200 price increase, after the fact, is straight up bad business... Hell, we here at NES are still getting next to normal pricing on our groups buys. Maybe you should go green and take advantage of our buying power [wink]

As too John at Old Mill...I wouldnt stick up for this guy all too much. He's a gouger. Just a little over a week ago was Trying to sell a KelTec KSG for $2000 while citing GUNBROKER for his FAIR price. This place is no good, i'll never give them another penny.

EDIT: Also, if your Johns source for AR's (he considers himself a manufacturer), you might want to fill him in that your normally sourced upper and lowers are not Billet...He seems to think they are as I just recently heard him telling a customer that "ya im getting about 50 billet ones in NEXT week" [rofl]

I wonder if he is taking a preorder on lowers now.... [rolleyes]

john is a price gouger,and story teller.anyone who buys from him good luck to you.I'm done going there myself.I'll drive 30 min and go to Blue Northern before i drive 5 mins to old mill

Absolutely, very little firearm knowledge either.

The crap that I've seen and heard in there is astounding. The KSG shenanigans sealed it for me, they played games with that whole bullshit. Pissed me right off, and when I asked about getting on a list I was told that Kel-Tec stopped making them because they're too scary looking. That's a quote. Sorry but I have little time and patience for a shop that acts like some half assed business.

Thank you.
Harry Kasbarian, CEO
Global Arms Inc

Bullshit....bullshit bullshit bullshit

If people preordered the price should be in good full standing. I can still buy all the parts I need to build an AR for normal retail pricing, as long as it comes into stock. I've bought everything I needed to build an AR post sandy hook for normal pricing......like I said......

BULLSHIT!

Bullshit....bullshit bullshit bullshit

If people preordered the price should be in good full standing. I can still buy all the parts I need to build an AR for normal retail pricing, as long as it comes into stock. I've bought everything I needed to build an AR post sandy hook for normal pricing......like I said......

BULLSHIT!

This. Im a little shocked the CEO of the company would come on here with that line of shit lol.
Now throw in the fact that they are partnering with a gouger like John and....BULLSHIT! LOL

I have never been there but a few of my friends have been and they said they wont go back. Very arrogant and prices sucked

not only that, the guy behind the counter can't seem to do ANYTHING without getting the okay through John first. I'm glad to see that I was not the only one treated like **** when I went in there.

Just decided to look these guys up and facebook and low and behold...This shit was posted the exact second I searched for them LOL
This guy needs a reality check, HE IS a price gouger!

This part kills me "in order to stay in business we had no choice" to raise prices on AR's. Man am I glad Im not cought in this **** up [laugh]
Not to mention, I frequent 5 other gun shops..he's (Old Mill) the only one with marked up insanely high prices because "thats what they are going for on gunbroker".

18 March 2013
To Our Valued Customers,
Due to the current climate and the price gouging that is happening in gun shops all across the state we unfortunately had to raise the prices on our ARs. What is even more unfortunate is that manufactures are now raising their pricing on items that were already promised to us at lower prices. Some of the ARs were promised already promised to customers and we have been put in a position where we now have to raise our prices by $200. In order to stay in business we had no choice but to do this. We will bend over backwards to make our customers happy and we ourselves aren’t happy about this. Anybody who has put money down is welcome to a full refund and our sincerest of apologies. We are embarrassed that it has come to this and we have let our customers down but in order to be in business this time next year this is where we are. It is not fair to our customers and we know that. We are committed to our customers and will do what we can when we can to make you happy.
There have been a lot of negative comments on Northeast Shooters forum and we would like to respond by saying that we are not making a lot of profit on our AR sales. It is just not true and in order to make ANY profit on the sale of the ARs that were promised we had to raise the price by $200 dollars. We had a customer that bought one of our ARs and was not happy with it for one reason or another and he was given a refund with the exception of tax. There aren’t many gun shops around that would even entertain a refund on a fully functional rifle. To be clear we have no issue with Northeast Shooters. It is a great forum and does great things for local gun owners
We are Veteran owned and staffed here at Old Mill. We fully support all the amendments to include the Right to Free Speech. If you want to trash us on any forum go ahead but if you are a customer we would prefer that you talk to us about your issues so at least we can resolve your issues and you have a fair chance to walk away a happy customer. What you say does hurt our business but it is your right to post your feelings on the matter. Be fair and give us the chance to work with you. We can’t make everybody happy all the time but at least we can try.
Thank You for Your Patronage,
The Staff at the Old Mill Gun Shop

Last edited:
Just decided to look these guys up and facebook and low and behold...This shit was posted the exact second I searched for them LOL
This guy needs a reality check, HE IS a price gouger!

This part kills me "in order to stay in business we had no choice" to raise prices on AR's. Man am I glad Im not cought in this **** up [laugh]
Not to mention, I frequent 5 other gun shops..he's (Old Mill) the only one with marked up insanely high prices because "thats what they are going for on gunbroker".

18 March 2013
To Our Valued Customers,
Due to the current climate and the price gouging that is happening in gun shops all across the state we unfortunately had to raise the prices on our ARs. What is even more unfortunate is that manufactures are now raising their pricing on items that were already promised to us at lower prices. Some of the ARs were promised already promised to customers and we have been put in a position where we now have to raise our prices by $200. In order to stay in business we had no choice but to do this. We will bend over backwards to make our customers happy and we ourselves aren’t happy about this. Anybody who has put money down is welcome to a full refund and our sincerest of apologies. We are embarrassed that it has come to this and we have let our customers down but in order to be in business this time next year this is where we are. It is not fair to our customers and we know that. We are committed to our customers and will do what we can when we can to make you happy.
There have been a lot of negative comments on Northeast Shooters forum and we would like to respond by saying that we are not making a lot of profit on our AR sales. It is just not true and in order to make ANY profit on the sale of the ARs that were promised we had to raise the price by $200 dollars. We had a customer that bought one of our ARs and was not happy with it for one reason or another and he was given a refund with the exception of tax. There aren’t many gun shops around that would even entertain a refund on a fully functional rifle. To be clear we have no issue with Northeast Shooters. It is a great forum and does great things for local gun owners
We are Veteran owned and staffed here at Old Mill. We fully support all the amendments to include the Right to Free Speech. If you want to trash us on any forum go ahead but if you are a customer we would prefer that you talk to us about your issues so at least we can resolve your issues and you have a fair chance to walk away a happy customer. What you say does hurt our business but it is your right to post your feelings on the matter. Be fair and give us the chance to work with you. We can’t make everybody happy all the time but at least we can try.
Thank You for Your Patronage,
The Staff at the Old Mill Gun Shop

what a coincidence

Too bad about the whole AR fiasco. I live close to Old Mill and have been in a bunch of times and been treated fairly. I've bought two guns from them and sold one. In my experience their prices are no worse than anyone else's these days. I go to MANY gun shops throughout New England. Without exception cases are bare -or almost so - and prices are up. Some way up. Can't speak to the AR thing but as far as price Old Mill is not the worst I've seen...

as price Old Mill is not the worst I've seen...

Worst I've seen in Central MA. Who would you say has them beat, let me know so I can stay the **** away from them too!?!

Also....youve posted here 5X since 2009. Old Mill is what really set you off to become active again? COME ONNNNNN

i went in there last week, nothing. The only gun that caught my eye was a 638 J frame in a glass case with other revolvers and I was looking for a price...only to see a sign "All revolvers not for sale, display only"

Went to IDC in clinton to look around and pooped my pants... tons of everything. Ammo, Guns, Accessories.... Ended up buying a new shotgun there lol [smile]

I have a Old Mill horror story to share. I bought a brand new G34 Gen 3 for the fair massachusetts asking prices. So I bought some Dawson Percision sights, fiber optic front with a blacked out rear. I went in there and spoke to the Quote Unquote gunsmith and asked how much to put the sights on. He said 20 bucks so I dropped the slide off that night. The next day he calls saying the factory glock rear sight is better cuz it has white paint on it. I explained the blacked out rear are target sights and I wanted that on there. So half an hour later he called back saying it was ready. He them told me he broke the glock sight tool getting it in and it took longer to do so it was going to be 50 bucks instead. I went down there and Jon was trying to say that sights take a long time to put on and proceded to show me the broken glock tool. I think the kid he has doing the work knows very little about gun smithing and Jon shouldn't be trying to make up excuses for the price going up like having to file the rear sight.I told him to go on Dawson Precision website and watch the video on how to do it and he would clearly see they have to be filed for a perfect fit cuz all slides vary. I paid the money and walked out without saying another word. I think it's crazy to charge 50 bucks to put on 75 dollar sights. I will never step foot in that place again nevermind spending my hard earned money there. Moral of the story is do business with places with a good reputation not a place that is close by.

I have a Old Mill horror story to share. I bought a brand new G34 Gen 3 for the fair massachusetts asking prices. So I bought some Dawson Percision sights, fiber optic front with a blacked out rear. I went in there and spoke to the Quote Unquote gunsmith and asked how much to put the sights on. He said 20 bucks so I dropped the slide off that night. The next day he calls saying the factory glock rear sight is better cuz it has white paint on it. I explained the blacked out rear are target sights and I wanted that on there. So half an hour later he called back saying it was ready. He them told me he broke the glock sight tool getting it in and it took longer to do so it was going to be 50 bucks instead. I went down there and Jon was trying to say that sights take a long time to put on and proceded to show me the broken glock tool. I think the kid he has doing the work knows very little about gun smithing and Jon shouldn't be trying to make up excuses for the price going up like having to file the rear sight.I told him to go on Dawson Precision website and watch the video on how to do it and he would clearly see they have to be filed for a perfect fit cuz all slides vary. I paid the money and walked out without saying another word. I think it's crazy to charge 50 bucks to put on 75 dollar sights. I will never step foot in that place again nevermind spending my hard earned money there. Moral of the story is do business with places with a good reputation not a place that is close by.

Live and learn my friend. I'm sorry for your bad experience. The irony is that here in Mass there are a few master gunsmiths and many journeymen gunsmiths that could have done a competent job for you.

I think a better name for Old Mill might be Gun Room North. [rolleyes]

their Facebook page has a little bio about him ("gunsmith") up. It says his qualifications for the job are national guard infantry. NO DISRESPECT whatsoever to the guard and their practices, but since when does serving in the military as infantry qualify someone to be a gunsmith? I can see an armorer, maybe... But other than that...

Last edited:

sorry to hear that....place is a joke and owner a real donkey.

Back
Top Bottom