New gun shop in Hudson, NH

I just drove by what appears to be a new shop of sorts on River Road in South Nashua. The sign just says "Blackwater Firearms Company" but there's a Ford pickup all lettered up that says firearms training, live fire demonstrations and firearms bought and sold. They also have a motor home or trailer in the back with the same lettering. The vanity plate on the truck says GUNRNRS. :)

70ACB7DB-19B9-4122-8215-102D901BB897-7351-000007100FDE72BB.jpg

Last edited:
I doubt they'll get away with that name. Should still have a copyright on it. E. Prince is not the kind of guy you want to mess with.

I know Chris and was at the new shop last week. They will have two indoor ranges. One of them is a live fire simulator. I havent got to play with it yet but hope to soon. I believe the grand opening is the 18th

I drove by there after an ammo buying trip to the Hudson WM. I was wondering about that myself.

It's really close to Pete's. What ever happened to the indoor range that Pete was building?

I drove by there after an ammo buying trip to the Hudson WM. I was wondering about that myself.

It's really close to Pete's. What ever happened to the indoor range that Pete was building?

I was in Pete's the day after the election. It was busy. I heard the owner and a couple of other guys discussing Blackwater. They didn't seem happy. It makes sense now.

I was in Pete's the day after the election. It was busy. I heard the owner and a couple of other guys discussing Blackwater. They didn't seem happy. It makes sense now.

I heard that Blackwater had tried to buy Pete's out - and that with all the panic buying - he decided against it and was thinking of expanding and adding an indoor range. But he's had some issues with the bank. So now apparently Blackwater is now building right near Pete's. I'm sure there's even more to that story.

I was going to post about this too. Drove by today and was curious. It's right next to Golf and Ski Warehouse in Hudson if you guys know where that is. Could be really interesting.

Site looks like it's in progress:
http://blackwaterfirearms.com/

Never heard anything good about Pete's either, and my one experience there was less than stellar too.

Yeah I guess it is right across the street from Petes Gun and Tackle. Petes was trying to build a new facility in back of the current one with shooting ranges similar to the MFL - I imagine that they aren't too happy about it.

I hit up the shop today. Great place and I'll be back for sure! Nice guys plus clean store, lots of room to walk and brightly lit. The shop was busy, but it didn't feel cramped. Tons of ammo on the shelves and they said they have another big shipment coming in next week. Lots of guns all over the place. Seems like mostly black-killy type guns are hanging on the wall, but there are levers and some bolt actions on the floor racks. Plus a good variety of handguns. Accessories and ammo seemed reasonably priced. Picked up 500 rounds of .223 brass cased for a fair price. The price less than shops further north quoted me over the phone and cheaper than what Walmart had in stock.

P.S. They have a Keltec KSG in stock for $1200. Over MSRP, but from I've seen supply and demand has the price upwards of $2k. Seriously considered it, but had to walk away... Maybe next time, maybe next time...

- - - Updated - - -

Also Mods should consider renaming this thread... it was a bitch to find, but I didnt want to Dupe!

Visited this shop today. I was amazed to see that they had a moderate selection of AR's on the wall. I asked to see a Bushy XM-15 MOE edition (MSRP - $1,181) and almost threw it back to the guy when I saw the $1900 dollar price tag. Guess that's one way to keep the shelves stocked. Most of the people behind the counter didn't know their ass from their elbow about guns, at least thats how it seemed to me. I wanted to get some .223, and he proceeded to hand me a box of .357 mag. After directing them to the actual .223 I managed to escape with 4 boxes of PMC 55gr, at $10 a box. I asked the guy ringing me out if he wanted to see my FID and he didn't know what it was. The guy next to him said "oh thats just their NRA issued permit in Mass." Other than that, handguns and other things NOT AR related seemed to be ballpark priced. NOT a huge fan of the gouging...

Yeah I guess it is right across the street from Petes Gun and Tackle. Petes was trying to build a new facility in back of the current one with shooting ranges similar to the MFL - I imagine that they aren't too happy about it.

Serves the prick right.

Good. Hopefully they run Pete right out of business. He really deserves it.

I've been in there a few times and every time was more ridiculous than the last. Always a mob of "regulars" or whatever sitting in there like it's the local saloon, giving people dirty looks and trying to talk up / sell people their consignment guns.

Last time I was at Petes, I asked for the price on a handgun they had in the case. Old lady behind the counter says "I don't know"... I just kinda stare at her in disbelief for a few seconds and she tells me I have to wait for so-and-so to get back. I wait 10 minutes, and the guy I'm waiting for come in. He spends a good 5-10 minutes shooting the shit with his buddy, and I decide to leave.

Went to Rileys and got much better service (that shows how bad Petes really is) and bought a gun no problem.

I will definitely be checking out this Blackwater place.

I bought my Eotech 512 at Blackwater for $425. Good service and friendly people. I will shop there again.

- - - Updated - - -

What's your opinion on Lee's gun shop in Hudson?

I've been in there, but haven't bought anything. They were friendly enough, but it's a small store with very limited inventory.

I asked the guy ringing me out if he wanted to see my FID and he didn't know what it was. The guy next to him said "oh thats just their NRA issued permit in Mass."

Out of curiosity why would you ask someone in NH whether they want to see your out-of-state (read not-applicable) license?
in NH you don't need a license to buy ammo. Your FID/LTC in MA makes no difference to them.

Out of curiosity why would you ask someone in NH whether they want to see your out-of-state (read not-applicable) license?
in NH you don't need a license to buy ammo. Your FID/LTC in MA makes no difference to them.

The guy behind the counter getting me the ammo said that I'd have to show it to the folks ringing up front. I've never been asked at a NH shop besides this one. I understand they are new, and I hate judging so harshly but the price gouging on the ARs got me. As long as they have it in, I'll be back for more .223. They had 30rd magazines as well for $30. I forget the name but it looked to be some sort of pmag lookalike.

One of the employees at MFL asked my dad for his LTC when he tried to buy ammo.

Then again, that guy tucked his pants into his combat boots, so he probably wasn't the brightest.

One of the employees at MFL asked my dad for his LTC when he tried to buy ammo.

Then again, that guy tucked his pants into his combat boots, so he probably wasn't the brightest.

Shooterss asked , MFL asks, Walmart on the border towns ask. I really can't blame them. with all the lawsuits and mass being what it is, I dont blame them for being careful.

I bought ammo at Shooter's outpost. after they saw i was not a mass resident, they sold the ammo. otherwise they wanted to see the MA LTC

I always get asked for my LTC when buying ammo in Southern NH. I don't offer, but I am always asked. A couple years ago that was not the case but as of the past year or so I get asked.

Will have to check out that shop. Not too far from me.

I always get asked for my LTC when buying ammo in Southern NH. I don't offer, but I am always asked. A couple years ago that was not the case but as of the past year or so I get asked.
Shopped at nearly all the local gun stores in S.NH and only 3 wanted to see proof of NH residency for ammo-- MFL, Shooters Outpost, and State Line.

Will have to check out that shop. Not too far from me.
Going to Lee’s later this week, may stop in at Blackwater.

If you think the ability of MA to inflict pain stops at the border, ask Town Faire Tire of NH how much their legal fees were for the MA sales tax case (the DOR argued that they knew the tired were rolling into MA, and thus has to collect MA sales tax at their NH location)

Back
Top Bottom