• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New gun shop in Hudson, NH

If you think the ability of MA to inflict pain stops at the border, ask Town Faire Tire of NH how much their legal fees were for the MA sales tax case (the DOR argued that they knew the tired were rolling into MA, and thus has to collect MA sales tax at their NH location)

Town Faire eventually won, and to some extent they brought this on themselves -- use tax wouldn't have been an issue if Town Faire didn't choose to do business as a single corporation with locations in both MA and NH. Plus everybody benefited when the case drove New Hampshire to pass a law prohibiting our retailers from sharing private customer information with Massachusetts auditors :)

Blackwater is a nice shop! I was up there a week or so ago poking around. I used to use Pelham Firearms (their other/old location) for some transfers a while back and they were a very very nice group of people. I am glad there is an alternative to Pete's up in my area because I did not have a great experience with that shop and quite frankly wouldn't go there if it was the last shop in my area. If I was Pete's id also be a bit angry about a new shop opening up right down the road.

Most of the people behind the counter didn't know their ass from their elbow about guns, at least thats how it seemed to me.

referencing doublekicks above post it appeared to me they hired a bunch of temp/younger workers to work through moving/setting up the shop/high demand. So I would expect there to be some people not completely in the know.

It's a nice shop. I bought some ammo and will be back again. They have a bunch of Sig M400's on the rack and a 716 and a guy asked how much the M400 was and they said $2299? When I heard that, I was like, WTF??? The guy said he wasn't making much $ on it. I just bought 4 of them at the Sig Pro Shop on Sunday for $1100 each for the enhanced models and I'm sure they did the same thing! The guy was ready to buy...felt like telling the guy to come out and talk to me in the parking lot.

What's your opinion on Lee's gun shop in Hudson?

I do all my business with Bob at Lee's Gun Shop.. When I was getting started again after being away from things since college the folks there took the time to help me make good choices at good prices. Granted they are a small shop so I went in at times when they told me they are not typically busy so they had time to spend with me, but they were more than just helpful, they went above and beyond to help me get going. And he was able to order things he didn't have on hand..

I recommend Lee's Gun Shop highly.

Back
Top Bottom