• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Gun Owners due to Covid-Riots

I have unarmed friends in other states. I'm telling them to go buy some longarms, as that's all they can usually get without any kind of waiting period. And the inventory is getting thin.

IIRC there are no checks and balances to prevent someone from mailing in a ballot and also voting in person.
I worked the primary in MA earlier this year. I was assigned to be a floater. I would work the tables for check-in, check-out or inactive voters to give breaks. Later in the day I and another floater were given the envelopes of absentee ballots. We checked each envelope at the check-in table and then at the check-out table. If anyone had come in and voted in person then the envelope would not be open and the ballot not run through the voting machine. All the valid absentee ballots were run through and tallied in lulls between voters that were voting in person.
If you applied for and submitted an absentee ballot but were later able to come in and vote in person then you could have come in and voted in person if you wanted to vote differently that you had on the absentee ballot. You just needed to do it before the absentee ballots were opened and counted which happens later in the day.

Bottom line one person one vote.

I worked the primary in MA earlier this year. I was assigned to be a floater. I would work the tables for check-in, check-out or inactive voters to give breaks. Later in the day I and another floater were given the envelopes of absentee ballots. We checked each envelope at the check-in table and then at the check-out table. If anyone had come in and voted in person then the envelope would not be open and the ballot not run through the voting machine. All the valid absentee ballots were run through and tallied in lulls between voters that were voting in person.
If you applied for and submitted an absentee ballot but were later able to come in and vote in person then you could have come in and voted in person if you wanted to vote differently that you had on the absentee ballot. You just needed to do it before the absentee ballots were opened and counted which happens later in the day.

Um ,ya, no.
Precincts coming in with 120% of the possible voters should tell you that.
Oh and not a single Republican vote out of all that.
Nothing to see here, move along.

That's how it's SUPPOSED to work, and how it does here in my "little" (is 13000 little?) town in Connecticut.

Big Dump Cities? Ryder trucks with "magic" ballot boxes.

If this is normies arming up then yeah, thats probably fine. Leftists and gentle giants/peaceful protesters? Not so much.

Yeah I know, the 2A is for everyone but realistically those are a couple of groups that are responsible for more than their fair share of murder and mayhem and Id rather they not be armed.

If this is normies arming up then yeah, thats probably fine. Leftists and gentle giants/peaceful protesters? Not so much.

Yeah I know, the 2A is for everyone but realistically those are a couple of groups that are responsible for more than their fair share of murder and mayhem and Id rather they not be armed.
In New Hampshire? The "normies" have ALWAYS been armed. If the Progs start into shit...

At an LGS today, in the last 2 years he went from a lone man show to one, now three employees, a salesperson showed up while I was there to talk to talk about benefits packages.

A newbie was there with a flat top fsb AR, buying t shirts, trying to figure out how to adjust a red dot, but hadn't adjusted his iron sights yet and didn't know how, asked whether his vertical grip was in the right spot and how to install a new stock..

Ya we got a whole pile of new gun owners. Aside from the slow background checks, negligent discharges, and ammo shortages that will follow it generally isn't bad - some will remain on the dark side others will see the light, net gain.

Oh and my girlfriend in IL is now seeking her license after the best buy 5 miles away (in the suburbs) was looted.

Why is voting by mail necessarily bad? Or is it just easier for you to parrot the bullshit from the madman in the whitehouse?

Thanks

Mail-in ballots are exceedingly easy to fake.

For example, in Buddy Cianci's autobiography, Politics and Pasta: How I Prosecuted Mobsters, Rebuilt a Dying City, Advised a President, Dined with Sinatra, Spent Five Years in a Federally Funded Gated Community, and Lived to Tell the Tale, Buddy described how in two mayoral elections he won, a certain Providence city councilor conveniently "found" mailed-in ballots that helped sway the election in Buddy's favor. This particular city councilor had done this "finding" on previous occasions and represented a part of South Providence. South Providence is a primarily-minority area of the city and suffers from urban blight to this day.

Here's another example: 100,000 ballots the RI Board of Elections sent unsolicited to voters came back as undeliverable:

https://www.providencejournal.com/n...Q85yusY7x5BAdn90natFi0ky6yu7HLJ_u3s8gopB9aivU

Here’s what we know:

At least 152,701 voters sent the applications back by the May 19 deadline with requests for ballots to vote, by mail, in either the Republican or Democratic primary.

For a variety of reasons, such as the signature on the ballot application not matching the signature in the voter file, more than 3,000 were rejected.

The secretary of state’s office says 147,640 ballots were mailed out starting on May 18, another 1,281 were delivered to nursing homes and, in March, 668 ballots were sent to military and overseas voters.

Some of the ballots were still arriving in voters’ mail boxes on the weekend before the primary, according to anecdotal voter reports. Some never made it to the voters who requested them.

As of Friday, about 102,800 mail ballots had been fed into the vote-counting machines, including 3,826 that were placed in dropboxes at the local boards of canvassers and the polling places on election day, according to Stephen Erickson, vice chairman of the state Board of Elections.

I had a good LOL at shooters a few days ago. Waiting outside to be let in (thanks, Rona) and this older (60's) couple starts talking to me about how everything has gotten so out of control and they decided it's time to get a gun. In the man's own words "something for home defense. Looking at a shotgun, something the wife can handle". I didn't bother getting into the whole "well, actually" I tend to just let people be. But I was laughing hard at the thought of this frail old woman dislocating her shoulder and getting blown back on her ass after firing off one round of buckshot out of an 870 while her husband hides in the bathroom.

I had a good LOL at shooters a few days ago. Waiting outside to be let in (thanks, Rona) and this older (60's) couple starts talking to me about how everything has gotten so out of control and they decided it's time to get a gun. In the man's own words "something for home defense. Looking at a shotgun, something the wife can handle". I didn't bother getting into the whole "well, actually" I tend to just let people be. But I was laughing hard at the thought of this frail old woman dislocating her shoulder and getting blown back on her ass after firing off one round of buckshot out of an 870 while her husband hides in the bathroom.

Ya no doubt, was surprised myself by it but my girlfriend had an easier time w/ a lightish 16 inch .308 AR10 than a 20 gauge shotgun... not that either were correct but shotgun not so good for the occasional small frame shooter it turns out. Have a Ruger 9mm Charger at the FFL should be picking up today, gonna give that a shot next.

This is purely anecdotal but I helped two people buy their first guns the week before the lockdown and I have had about a dozen friends & acquaintances ask me about getting their license and how to buy a gun since the lockdown. Most of them start the conversation with something along the lines of “I‘m not a fan of guns... but” or “I’m scared of/uncomfortable with guns... but”

This is purely anecdotal but I helped two people buy their first guns the week before the lockdown and I have had about a dozen friends & acquaintances ask me about getting their license and how to buy a gun since the lockdown. Most of them start the conversation with something along the lines of “I‘m not a fan of guns... but” or “I’m scared of/uncomfortable with guns... but”
I had so many women in my classes say the same thing over the years.
After a day at the range you realize you have created an ammo burning monster once they get rolling.

Why is voting by mail necessarily bad? Or is it just easier for you to parrot the bullshit from the madman in the whitehouse?

Thanks
Really?

I grab every ballot at home and make them all for the same candidate.

Then I grab my elderly neighbors ballot and mark them for my candidate.

By mistake I get extra ballots, I vote for my candidate.

I know my neighbor is raging liberal c*nt, I throw her ballot away.

I know two of my friends wont vote ... I can send ballots with their names and my candidate.

Our current system is full of holes already. Mail voting is our current system^2 when it comes to holes and possible fraud.

Do a Google search, last election there was a guy that received something like 30 (maybe more) ballots, all to the same address. How many thousands of times do you think that happened?

Last edited:
This is not a voter fraud thread, but that's an important topic on its own; everyone should feel free to create a thread about that, or join one of them that already exists.

I had so many women in my classes say the same thing over the years.
After a day at the range you realize you have created an ammo burning monster once they get rolling.
As long as you don't introduce a a small-framed woman to shooting by handing her an 18" 12-gauge with 3" 00 buck, or a .454 Casull, and then make a video laughing about her, then my experience is the same: create reasonable expectations about recoil, start low, move up, and then get out of their way.

Many (not all) women who are gently introduced to the sport of shooting will indeed turn into "ammo burning monsters".

Then comes that delicate moment when you have to ask them to buy their own ammo. ;)

a libtard with a gun is still a libtard
That is a good one! [rofl2]

Anytime someone misuses a firearm these clown's will be the first to say "I own a gun..butt".
Then they will proclaim to be an expert with vast knowledge and 20 years of experience in firearm ownership.
They conveniently leave out the fact that their gun stayed in a dusty attic for it's entire time since it as purchased.
Even though they can't tell you what kind of firearm they own or how it works as they have never even fired it since they have owned it.
These scholars are so anti's that destroy their guns on the Youtube's to prevent another tragedy.
They post pics of their whole family at the range with a target that looks like someone shot ten rounds at a target and one struck the paper.
After which they proclaim they ready for the leftist takeover all the while pointing the loaded gun at all the patrons at the range completely oblivious to what they are doing.
"Don't worry the safety is on"...

In my opinion they people have no moral code and have no skin in the game of 2A rights and will happily give theirs up and joint a task force to take everyone else's!

Thanks

Well, I sold something on Ebay and tried to send it to CA. It made it from Peabody to the "next facility" and then just stopped. A month later, it didn't move so I filed a lost package claim and gave up a prayer to St. Anthony. It finally moved from NJ and eventually reached my delighted buyer. Four weeks later, I got an email from the post office saying it was lost and they couldn't find it. Yesterday, they send another email to say that they records show that it was delivered. Voting by mail - I don't know, what could possibly go wrong?

Well, I sold something on Ebay and tried to send it to CA. It made it from Peabody to the "next facility" and then just stopped. A month later, it didn't move so I filed a lost package claim and gave up a prayer to St. Anthony. It finally moved from NJ and eventually reached my delighted buyer. Four weeks later, I got an email from the post office saying it was lost and they couldn't find it. Yesterday, they send another email to say that they records show that it was delivered. Voting by mail - I don't know, what could possibly go wrong?
I once had sent a money order to iirc Omaha. It went from my po to Nashua and at some point ended up in Honolulu HI before finally getting to its destination.
eta- according to the tracking at least. I have no way of knowing whether it physically went to HI and back. Still disconcerting as far as voting by mail goes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom