New gun out of Czech republic

Love the high grip and low bore axis, but the sights are a bit high away from the bore, and judging by the picture I cannot figure out how exactly the slide works.

my guess is that the recoil spring sits above the barrel, which is clever. the firing mechanism likely has a transfer system to get the hammer to hit on a firing pin that sits lower down, again in line with barrel. the magazine probably holds a bit less in capacity since it will have to do the feeding in a lower position than usual. then again the grip looks pretty wide at least a double stack so it probably doesn't much matter.

the magazine probably holds a bit less in capacity since it will have to do the feeding in a lower position than usual.

But how do the rounds get from the magazine to the chamber without going *through* the trigger hole?

Do they get fed out of the magazine and then down a bit?

But how do the rounds get from the magazine to the chamber without going *through* the trigger hole?

It's an optical illusion due to the rail. If I had to guess I'd say the chamber is immediately above the trigger.

It's an optical illusion due to the rail. If I had to guess I'd say the chamber is immediately above the trigger.

That looks like a thin wall on the bottom of the chamber, and... man, I hope there's something to move the heat away, or you'll burn your finger right quick.

I know how hot the trigger opening of a P7 gets after only about 25 rounds, and it has a plastic guard!

good question. would imagine the trigger mechanism is off to the sides, not above the trigger itself. perhaps the ramp is on top to guide the rounds downward. i agree some photos of the insides would be nice!!

I can’t imagine what an “inverted hammer” is or how it would work, but a YouTube video of the pistol being shot doesn’t show any external hammer.

The same post that mentioned an inverted hammer said the first pull is at 5 pounds and all following are at around 2 pounds. No idea as to the validity of the comment. It wasn't from Laugo Arms.

As for the feeding from the magazine, Laugo Arms themselves replied to a comment saying it uses proprietary magazines with a 115 degree feed lips, whatever that means.

Comments found here:

View: https://www.facebook.com/LaugoArms/photos/a.456434741172813.1073741828.451696548313299/1018558881627060/?type=3&theater

Not to hijack thread, but I was following some links about this gun and saw this. I don't know what's going on over there in
CZ land, but that looks like quite a toy

10383741_473706616112292_2408677115367741969_o.jpg

11160648_473706582778962_6185758141673319955_o.jpg

Curious how much they’ll be selling for once they make it here. If they’re reasonably priced I’ll probably snag one to try out.

Back
Top Bottom