• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New GUN LAWS IN MASS ARTICLE

i don't know why i click these stupid links

Consider the source of that story:

The weapons are banned in Massachusetts if manufactured after 1994, but that cutoff allows residents to own older versions and outfit them with high-capacity ammunition clips,

<<snip>>

Massachusetts is one of only seven states that ban semiautomatic assault rifles, which can fire bullets in rapid succession without reloading. If the rifle is equipped to handle a detachable ammunition clip, the firepower can increase exponentially.

[rolleyes]

I guess the morons @ Boston.com never heard of pre-ban vs post ban.

I don't see how MA laws could get any tighter, except for waiting periods, one-gun-a-month, etc.

I never even thought about the personal liability insurance mandate before either.

Sounds like they're going for broke.

So much fail in this article, it makes my head spin.

"The weapons are banned in Massachusetts if manufactured after 1994, but that cutoff allows residents to own older versions and outfit them with high-capacity ammunition clips, lawmakers said. That loophole, similar to one in a federal ban that expired in 2004, is expected to draw close scrutiny from legislators."

I'm too exasperated to even make a comment on Boston.com.

DeLeo, however, said, “I don’t think this state, as a society, can sit back and do nothing.”

Classic Deranged Liberal response " We must do something" Tell me Deleo did the shooting happen in this State?, and can you show us where any Massacre of this type has occurred in this State as of late?

Another Arm Chair Liberal who is going to save me/us from his Safe house. Go **** yourself.

Insurance lobbyist are licking their chops at this one. They know it will be 1000% return cuz law abiding citizens don't use their guns in crimes.

Insurance lobbyist are licking their chops at this one. They know it will be 1000% return cuz law abiding citizens don't use their guns in crimes.
Full tinfoil on

Actually its a brilliant way to get zero CCW. If you by law mandate liability insurance for all gun ownership, the insurance companies will issue a stupid expensive policy just to own, more expensive to use for "sporting and hunting", mandate storage that makes MA storage laws look like a free state and absolutely forbid CCW under your liability coverage.

So one law by MA (require liability) brings in every restriction ever thought of through the insurance companies.

Tinfoil off

Back
Top Bottom