New Gun Laws for South Australia

MaverickNH

NES Member
[except]"The South Australian government is to create new firearm offences and give police wide-ranging powers to further crack down on gun crime.

Under planned changes to the Firearms Act, the trafficking of firearms will become a new offense, with a maximum 20-year prison term.

People unlawfully possessing a loaded firearm will face a $75,000 fine or 15 years in jail."

New gun laws for South Australia | Sky News Australia

with how heavily all firearm imports are taxed i doubt too many of the firearms that are used in crimes are ones acquired legitimately in the first place.

I was born in the U.S. but spent my first 10 years in New Zealand. Kiwis hated Aussies back in the late 50's and early 60's (I don't know how they felt about them before or after).

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Police will also be given greater search powers and the authority to seize equipment used for manufacturing and altering firearm parts, Premier Jay Weatherill said in a statement on Monday.

Serious question: does this mean drills, presses, wrenches, drill bits, screwdrivers, lathes, CNC machines, mills, smelting equipment, sheet metal, screws, rivets, and lead are all verboten in Southern Australia now?

And exactly nothing will change rt the crime rates.

New gun laws passed disarming and restricting lawful citizens even further. Crime increases. Pols seek to pass even stricter laws to even further restrict lawful citizens rights. Crime increases and further embolden criminals that already disregard existing laws. Rinse, wash, repeat.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, because the guy who just sold 20 pounds of heroin and shot 3 dudes in da face really cares whether you fine him an additional $75,000 when he's arrested for said crimes.

THIS!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
We need to simplify the 2A down to the last 14 words, here. I don't give an ef to what they do in SA.

Unfortunately, the Aussies have no Second Amendment.

All free human beings in all countries have the inherent right to defend themselves with firearms - against their own government and any other entity or person that would do them harm - regardless of whether their given country has the equivalent of our Second Amendment.

The unfortunate thing is that Aussies have decided it is OK for their government to increasingly violate this most-important of their rights. Very, very sad.

Back
Top Bottom