New Gun Control Executive Orders

I am so f*cking livid. Trying to explain the intricacies of NFA law to moonbats on FB and why these new "junior executive" orders have zero to do with reducing crime...but they don't get it.

I wonder what it takes for people to finally wake up to the creeping and sinister erosion of liberty.

This might help, with regard to the import ban. It very clearly states that the CMP is not the source of illegal firearms and as such Obama is directly targeting legal gun owners (we know that but the moonbats don't see it).

The White House announced on Thursday that it intends to “ban almost all re-imports of military surplus firearms to private entities” through executive order, which would effectively shut down the 110-year-old Civilian Marksmanship Program.

Participants receiving firearms through the CMP must comply with all state and federal firearm laws and undergo a background check conducted by a dealer holding a Federal Firearms License in order to receive the gun.

Additionally, they must also be a member of a CMP affiliated shooting club, making participating in the program more difficult than anyone trying to purchase a firearm through usual retail channels.

Obama?s new Executive Order will kill the 110 year old Civilian Marksmanship Program | The Daily Caller

Anyone know if you can use an E-form for a trust? I'm thinking of selling my bolt gun to get a trust setup and buy a suppressor before the fingerprints are required since I can always buy it again later. Browning X-bolts will still be around in the future.

62 pages, dated yesterday. Assume it's legit since it's on the ATF site.

Supposedly this is in there (I'm still reading):

ATF does not propose to eliminate the CLEO certification at this time. Rather, ATF proposes extending the CLEO certificate requirement to responsible persons of a legal entity.

https://www.atf.gov/sites/default/f...uctive-devices-and-certain-other-firearms.pdf

Really? The ATF is so retarded that they scanned in the document so that is is UNSEARCHABLE on a computer. And on top of that the quality SUCKS. I've seen FAXES that look better than that.

Those ****s.

I'm having some trouble reading it myself, but one thing seems pretty clear... this has been in the works for awhile.

The legal changes and costs analysis portions weren't drafted in the past 24 hours since Obama announced the EA's.

Who knows what else is being worked on, studied and is simply awaiting fine tuning and revisions before it's made public.

I'm having some trouble reading it myself, but one thing seems pretty clear... this has been in the works for awhile.

The legal changes and costs analysis portions weren't drafted in the past 24 hours since Obama announced the EA's.

Who knows what else is being worked on, studied and is simply awaiting fine tuning and revisions before it's made public.

You mean like 'under the radar?' Surprised they didn't wait until Friday afternoon to dump the documents.

As I recall, the CMP is not an importer and get its guns from the feds/army that were loaned to allies. Those 750k Garands in Korea will possibly have to stay or we will start to see a large number of complete rifle "parts kits" less the reciever. It's all speculation as we'll have to see the order but we may be in the same position as we were ever since BHO stopped those sweet Korean rifles.

That is a good thing for me.

I will now be able to get a SBR more easily and not have to worry about engraving the lower.

All I have to do is wait for the ATF Tax Stamp.

If you are building it yourself, the ATF requires all short barrel rifles to be engraved with the manufacturer's name, city, and state.

I see. I thought they were expanding checks on trusts, but eliminating individual requirement for CLEO signoff.

That was in some earlier prelim draft, unfortunately the Cleo requirment will stay for individuals and be expanded to trusts (along with prints and photos for trusts).

It sucks big time

Even the moonbats at Slate realize this is a joke:

Executive action, gun control: Banning the reimportation of obsolete military rifles won?t curb gun violence.

Banning the Reimportation of Obsolete Military Rifles Won’t Curb Gun Violence

....In a press release posted on whitehouse.gov, the administration claimed that this executive action will “help keep military-grade firearms off our streets.” That’s a stretch. As the Associated Press reported, the ban “will largely affect antiquated, World War II-era weapons that, while still deadly, rarely turn up at crime scenes.” Drug dealers and gang members aren’t rushing to acquire old, heavy semi-automatic rifles like the M1 Garand. The only people buying these sorts of guns are collectors and hobbyists—the sort of people who give the Second Amendment a good name......

Too bad he doesn't put that kind of effort and determination into bringing jobs back to the United States, reducing our military's involvement (and spending) in Middle Eastern conflicts, rooting out wasteful government spending, and removing individuals from our country who broke our nation's laws by illegally entering.
sorry this kind of common sense would confuse them.

Obama's moral stance: We have to limit the importation of antiquated small arms, even though these weapons have no impact on crime and pose no material danger to Americans. At the same time, we have to lie about reality in countries like Egypt so that America can export and fund large-scale military weapons and technology that we know will be used to kill innocent men, women and children.

This president embodies the arrogance, hypocrisy, and small-minded political gamesmanship that typifies American politicians. He panders, lies, avoids, and meddles to a degree that only surpasses the pandering, lying, avoidance and meddling of the last clown to hold the office. Right now, he is wrestling with the moral problem of (a) killing indiscriminately in Syria with no reasonable expectation of any positive result, or (b) not killing people, but having to go back on his idiotic pronouncement of a "red line". His ego will lead him to the morally inferior solution. He is a low and petty fool, unremarkable in politics, but reprehensible nonetheless.

"An executive order is any directive issued by the leader of the executive branch. They are usually used to direct certain tasks or actions to Cabinet members and other executive officers. Some executive orders even have the “force of law” when permissions are given by the Senate or House of Representatives."

So as you can see he can issue till the cows come home and unless it is voted on by both houses of Congress they are worthless!

"An executive order is any directive issued by the leader of the executive branch. They are usually used to direct certain tasks or actions to Cabinet members and other executive officers. Some executive orders even have the “force of law” when permissions are given by the Senate or House of Representatives."

So as you can see he can issue till the cows come home and unless it is voted on by both houses of Congress they are worthless!

Unfortunately, you are incorrect. See google, Wikipedia, or whatever.

I am so f*cking livid. Trying to explain the intricacies of NFA law to moonbats on FB and why these new "junior executive" orders have zero to do with reducing crime...but they don't get it.

I wonder what it takes for people to finally wake up to the creeping and sinister erosion of liberty.

Because you're trying to explain to a group of idiots who only bleieve what their leaders tell them they should believe. Think: Feinstein and her followers.

There comes a point where it's just not worth talking/dealing with these idiots.

So if I were to attempt to get a trust done in the next week or so, would it all be for not? I wish they could just make this shit simple to understand, but no, no why would they do that.

Back
Top Bottom