New Gun-Beretta-Not sure which forum this should go in

Three months ago I bought a S & W 9 mm Sigma.
Although I have never owned a semi before, I bought this one primarily because of the price.

I have tried my best to defend its 12 pound + trigger pull, I just gave up. I simply couldn't hit anything with it. This isn't a slam against S & W. I just couldn't do anything with it.

Anyway, I traded it in today on an almost new Beretta 92FS.

I am so happy. I still love S & W revolvers. I never had any trouble with the Sigma except that I couldn't hit anything.b

How many rounds did you put through the Sigma? I bought one a month or so ago (putting that LTC to good use in the 3 short months I've had it, I've added 2 pistols, 3 rifles, and a safe to my household) and it loosened up after a thousand rounds or so. It's still not as accurate as my P220, but much better than when new.

I'll go back to my old refrain: How did it feel? Was it completely comfortable in your hand? Did your finger naturally come to the proper position on the trigger, or did you have to stretch it or have a tendency to grab too much trigger. When you held it in a comfortable grip and pointed it at a target did it tend to line up naturally or did you have to adjust it a skosh? If it doens't fit, you'll never progress as auickly with it as with a gun that truly fits your hand. That's why I'm so adamant about people trying to pick out a gun for someone else without getting their reaction to it before hand.

I don't like having to have a 12 or 15 pound trigger either, but that's not out of line with the DA trigger pull on most wheel guns. Under stress you won't even notice the difference in weight. Travel and smoothness are much more important in the trigger.

Ken (who's the reason Bill Jordan and Thell Reed decided to pack it in ... Not)

I bought a Sigma 9mm for pretty much the same reason for my first gun. After about 6 months my extractor broke and I had to send it out for replacement. Since it was my only gun I had at the time I went to Four Seasons and Carl hooked me up with a great deal on a 9000s which I liked so much I ended up selling the Sigma. Surprisingly even with that 213 lb trigger [lol] I shot pretty well with it. Took me about 2 months to get used to it. Now I have a S&W 6904 that I got from Northeast Trading that I love and carry all the time.

No, I confess

KMaurer said:
I'll go back to my old refrain: How did it feel? Was it completely comfortable in your hand? Did your finger naturally come to the proper position on the trigger, or did you have to stretch it or have a tendency to grab too much trigger. When you held it in a comfortable grip and pointed it at a target did it tend to line up naturally or did you have to adjust it a skosh? If it doens't fit, you'll never progress as auickly with it as with a gun that truly fits your hand. That's why I'm so adamant about people trying to pick out a gun for someone else without getting their reaction to it before hand.

I bought it for all the wrong reasons, cost. I had never owned a semi auto before and had no plans to buy one. This was strictly impuse buying. My finger did not come naturally to the right position on the trigger and I was always having to adjust. The grip was a little too short for my hand. I was getting pretty good at ten yards, but my club only allows targets at 25 yards against the berm and after two months of practicing and not being able to hit the paper, I put it away and started playing with my revolvers again.

I think part of the problem is that I am just so used to only shooting SA, DA just doesn't work for me.

Anyway, the Beretta fits my hand perfectly. The balance is perfect and I've shot them fairly often over the years so I'm pretty sure it will be fine.

Many times good advice such as yours is not heeded because of irrational impulses. Once you make a mistake you become an evangelist. At least this one didn't cost me too much.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom