New Glock, New Glasses - Range Fail....

SteelShooter

NES Member
Picked up a new Glock the other day, also picked up new glasses (first time having glasses) went to the range, took me 30 rounds to hit the paper from 50 feet! Humble pie was not tasty. All was well after the initial shock. Anyone else have that issue?

Were your glasses progressive lens? For shooting I just use my distance script for all shooting. My progressive glasses had me moving my head to focus and I finally figured it out.

It takes a bit of time to get used to new glasses, I just got glasses after 50 years of not needing them, Sucks to get old. I just shot with my new glasses and I was low and to the left.

Time for another set of shooting glasses I guess. I'll have to dig up that thread of the eye doctor recommended for shooters here.
I'm also thinking about real situations where I'm wearing the bifocals and probably need to get used to them.

did you take your glasses out of the package before putting them on ? [laugh] couldnt resist sorry

Dang, I knew I forgot something.

I shoot everyday so I think it was just the combo of the glock, with what seems like a different shooting angle on the grip, and the glasses making me try to find the front sight. Maybe. Little flinch as well, although I was going from my regular 45 to the 9mm I shouldn't have had anything. Different trigger pull too. Just glad I worked it out before I needed it!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!

i had the same issue a few years ago, and now i have prescriptions for reading distance, and shooting distance (focus is centered on how far the front site of my pistol is away from my eyes). made a world of difference for me

I got a pair of glasses once where the angle of my astigmatism was off by about 25 degrees. Couldn't walk through a door without running in to the wall. Couldn't imagine trying to shoot with them.

Dang, I knew I forgot something.

I shoot everyday so I think it was just the combo of the glock, with what seems like a different shooting angle on the grip, and the glasses making me try to find the front sight. Maybe. Little flinch as well, although I was going from my regular 45 to the 9mm I shouldn't have had anything. Different trigger pull too. Just glad I worked it out before I needed it!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!

That's an awful lot of variables all at once. I have a Gen 2 Glock 21, and I am regularly fairly accurate with it. At the same range trip, if I use my Glock 30, I am much less accurate. Come to think of it, I should just sell that damn thing.

Add in new glasses, and you're lucky it only took 30 shots.

Time to realign your vocabulary:
you didn't "miss the target" -
you were "firing warning shots at it".

Never, ever use the words 'warning shots' in MA. Because massprudence.

As a kid I went thru having to readjust as my depth perception would be off for a few hours. Fortunately that problem has gone away after I got older.

Back
Top Bottom