New Glock FTF EFA10 How Not A Straw Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’m newly licensed and newly interested in firearms. I have a P365 and G3c and really want a G48. I have spent countless hours on this great forum but there is one thing I can’t wrap my head around.

There are quite a few BNIB Glocks advertised in the Classified Section. If I purchase one on an EFA10 how is that not a Straw Purchase? or is that the thing I can’t buy a new one?

Also, I guess I don’t understand how so many new Glocks get into MA to begin with?

Thanks and sorry for the Glock question.

I think you may be confused on what a straw purchase is. If you purchase one for yourself it's not a straw purchase. Doesn't matter how new or old it is.

A straw purchase is when you answer the question on the 4473 that says "are you the actual purchaser of this firearm". If you answer yes when you are actually not. That is a straw purchase.

Now you are talking EFA10, so there is no 4473. So you won't be answering that question. So then you have enough say to yourself: am I buying this G48 for myself? If yes, then no straw purchase. If you answer to yourself, no, it's actually for (insert someone's name) then yes, it is a straw purchase.

Massachusetts has an "approved roster". If a firearm isn't on that roster, a DEALER cannot sell you the firearm. That restriction doesn't apply to private party sales.

A "straw purchase" is when you buy a firearm for someone else. You're using your "good name" to get the purchase through, typically because the person who actually is going to receive the firearm won't pass the check.

The three most common ways that I'm aware of, (which mean that there are probably others), for non roster guns to become available in Massachusetts are:
1) MA resident also has residency in another state, (yes, this is legal under federal law); purchases handgun in other state and brings it into Mass.
2) LEO exemption
3) Person moves to Massachusetts and brings the firearms they already posses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom