• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New from Springfield Armory ... SA-35

Be awesome if they made it in .45.
FNH did make a few in .45 ACP.
Browning%2BHi%2BPower%2BNovak.jpg

I'm surprised that Springfield Armory didn't extend the beaver tail a bit to match the 1911 style as FNH did on this version.

FNH did make a few in .45 ACP.
Browning%2BHi%2BPower%2BNovak.jpg

I'm surprised that Springfield Armory didn't extend the beaver tail a bit to match the 1911 style as FNH did on this version.

An extended beavertail is a dealbreaker for me, even on 1911s.

I just hate 'em. I prefer the Colt rattail or the Randall "platypus tail." Both fix the problem, but don't look ghey.

I just hate 'em. I prefer the Colt rattail or the Randall "platypus tail." Both fix the problem, but don't look ghey.
It's funny; I really like them on 1911s, but that looks wrong and fragile.

Mass will reject it for lacking a chamber loaded indicator.
Paint on the external extractor and a witness hole won't cut it?

That minimalist Randall platypus tail is neat. The Colt rat tail looks a little crude in comparison.

The downward facing colt beavertail f***img sucks. I used to have bite marks from my officers mod if i shot it a lot

The downward facing colt beavertail f***img sucks. I used to have bite marks from my officers mod if i shot it a lot
Love mine. The Randall solution is even better.

No worries. Different strokes, etc. Obviously, given the fact that beavertails are everywhere, I’m abnormal on this topic.

Love mine. The Randall solution is even better.

No worries. Different strokes, etc. Obviously, given the fact that beavertails are everywhere, I’m abnormal on this topic.

I don't get it- it puts a lot of recoil force in that one small area. It says "colt skinflinted" all over it.

Next time I think of it, I’ll try to get a pic of the Randall ‘tail. It’s basically a full beaver tail that angles down, not up.

The upswept ‘tail looks jaunty, and nothing about a 1911 should look jaunty. Again, I acknowledge that I’m in the minority, and that I’m probably wrong about this. But then, I’ve never had a hammer bite problem either, even with the stock Government grip safety.

I hate manufacturers that cheap out and only put ONE EFFN MAGAZINE in the box.

What does a extra magazine cost them.... 3 bucks ?

Mags are hard enough to fine as it is, mags for a small audience gun are really hard to find, especially if it goes out of production.

I'll fight you for the arched MSH. I'll take it over straight every day. But then, my fingers are long and thin...

I will concede that out of the three things i mentioned an arched msh at least serves an ergonomic purpose for some shooters, especially those with large hands.

Mass will reject it for lacking a chamber loaded indicator.
That is not grounds for rejection. LCI is part of 940CMR16 not part of MGL 140 123. The conditions for getting on the roster are enumerated inside dealer license conditions in MGL 140 123. LCI is part of the consumer safety regs and specifically it needs a magazine disconnect OR an LCI. But guns are on the roster that fail 940CMR16 (every glock in existence...)

But of course, who cares about either?

That is not grounds for rejection. LCI is part of 940CMR16 not part of MGL 140 123. The conditions for getting on the roster are enumerated inside dealer license conditions in MGL 140 123. LCI is part of the consumer safety regs and specifically it needs a magazine disconnect OR an LCI. But guns are on the roster that fail 940CMR16 (every glock in existence...)

But of course, who cares about either?

Which basically means you can't buy one in Mass.

For sale by retailers to the general public ???

Yes, even if deli ticket emporium or other box stores don't sell them, there are a myriad of ways you could get one here, right now. Not buying it in a box store? Who gives a shit. [rofl]

Let me put it this way, if you can't obtain a new semiauto handgun in mass of your choosing, that person is likely lazy, deaf, dumb, blind, and perhaps a little bit retarded.

We got 2 in stock so I had a chance to handle one today (dry fire only). Felt great. Nice to be able to fire with the mag dropped. Trigger break was very smooth but it had a sort of long reset. Safety was easy to manipulate without being over the top. Grips fit well in my hand. Action was smooth and no rattles or slop. Frame and slide were well machined with no defects that I could see. Sights were basic but perfectly useable. They were priced at MSRP (699.99) and at the end of the day still had one of them in stock, must be a Free America thing. Almost makes me feel bad for the suckers who coughed up over a grand on Gunbroker. Springfield being Springfield, it only comes with one mag. I wouldn't kick it out of my gun safe.

I can see where options like an ambi safety, more custom grip styles, different sight options, front/rear grip checkering and different finishes would be in the future...

I hate manufacturers that cheap out and only put ONE EFFN MAGAZINE in the box.

What does a extra magazine cost them.... 3 bucks ?

Mags are hard enough to fine as it is, mags for a small audience gun are really hard to find, especially if it goes out of production.
You’ve never heard of a BHP?? The magazines are compatible.

Back
Top Bottom