• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NEW FROM HENRY: Introducing 4 New Hunting Rifles & Shotguns

Got an email from Henry about some new guns.

This is the one I like:

Lever Action Magnum Express​

H001ME_Hero2.jpg

If they took me in as a consultant, and asked how I would improve it, I would add stainless option, curved grip, and side loading gate, like this one (only with wood and a shorter top rail):

H010GAWP_screen2.jpg

Then I would come up with a magazine fed one in .17 Hornet or .17 WSM.

Same, but makes a scope way easier. Then again, a scope on a lever gun? Red dot? Fiber?

Better to think of it as a non-bolt hunting gun.
Is that the same as a red dot on a revolver but calling it a round magazine semi auto?

it’s like putting an LS engine in a Chevelle. We all have our limits.

pretty slick.

I'm really conflicted about Picatinny rails on a lever gun!
the original concept of the guide gun is a little different than a traditional lever hunting rifle. compact, large caliber rifle to just have with you for protection in wilderness areas whether you are guiding fishermen and hunters or being a homesteader. i like traditional levers also, and the 45/70 guide gun turns my key. but for this purpose here, i can understand the idea of this gun set up like a scout rifle to mount a red dot or scope for quick, close in shots while both eyes are open. but yeah...don't make that pic rail a regular feature on lever guns.

Back
Top Bottom