New folks check in and say, Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,thanks for the board as well.

Got a pm from SGT.Hoskins about this site,and here I am :D

I was born and raised in California,and moved to MA (Worcester) about 4 years ago.
I am ex 11B,4 years as light infantry and armored (Bradleys)

Not many weapons right now ,but only money limits me..lol.Curently I own a MA legal (post awb)Bushy m4gery (looking for a pre-ban to build a truly "evil" rifle) a Glock 26 and a Berreta 92fs.I am a member of the Harvard sportsmen's club,so that is where I do my shooting.

I have a lot to learn about AR's ie: maintenance,armory type skills etc..So if I ask a basic question,bear with me..lol

Hello all. I started this forum in hopes to meet other shooters in the area, share information and hopefully get together and shoot with them.

I was born and raised in Anoka, MN. Went in to the Marines after HS Graduation. Was a Primary Marksmanship Instuctor while I was stationed in San Diego. I was lucky enough to shoot for the USMC Shooting team before leaving active duty.

I currently have a Sig 226 .40, a match service rifle, a couple of M1 Garands, and a Beretta 12 guage.

I'm currently applying for membership at the Reading Rifle and Revolver Club in Reading, MA. They have the only 600 yard line in the state.

Looking forward to meeting you all.
Derek

I was invited by Derek to this forum via an IM on AR15.com. I'm a 22 year old college student at Middlesex Community College. I live in Methuen.

Glenn Loud here, Western mass Born and raised, (a curse sometimes but I have too Much family that counts on me to leave right now. )
Early 40's Ex Army 4 years 33 S/Q (electronics MI) then A 1 year hitch on a try one in The MA NG as a 12B.
Lifelong shooter and not currently a member of any clubs, but have been of westfield sportsmans for a few years. I have private land a friend owns to shoot in. (up to 500 yards. ) nice to live in the country.

My Wife may be joining us as long as women are cool on the site.
(Ex Mil too_

Wildweasel said:
Glenn Loud here, Western mass Born and raised, (a curse sometimes but I have too Much family that counts on me to leave right now. )
Early 40's Ex Army 4 years 33 S/Q (electronics MI) then A 1 year hitch on a try one in The MA NG as a 12B.
Lifelong shooter and not currently a member of any clubs, but have been of westfield sportsmans for a few years. I have private land a friend owns to shoot in. (up to 500 yards. ) nice to live in the country.

My Wife may be joining us as long as women are cool on the site.
(Ex Mil too_

The more the merrier Glen. That's pretty sweet you guys have that land to shoot on. That would be cool to get some guys together for a BBQ and some shooting this summer.

My name is Brent.

I am a personal friend of Derek for 26 years. Grew up in Eden Prairie, MN. Only rifles I have is a .308 Remington 700 VS SF. I am an advid paintball player and play paintball almost every weekend in Upton, MA at Fox4 Paintball.

Derek convinced me to shoot with him since he recognizes my shooting skills. :p

Anyways, hope to meet you all out on the range!

Dan, here. another arfcom board jumper. Derek and I unknowingly served together in the mass NG, me after 3 years active in the Army, and him after a stint selling girl scout cookies or something like that.
Im an excavating contractor, been in the poo poo business all my life, so come see me for your Title V questions and whatnot.Im a member at Harvard Sportsmens, and thats about it.

I havent since active, an only then to qual, so I guess the answer is a negatron. I own a garand, and an M1a, and a couple ARs that Im sure would be kosher. Id like to.

My avatar is broken.

:cry:

I'm going to try and get some people in to HP comp shooting this summer at Reading, MA. It's a lot of fun, and the worse thing that can happen is you get better. Email me your avatar.

Ill have to do it later on. A couple of buddies are coming over for a few beers, and they claim to be ablt to set up outlook express.
I shrunk it down to 80x80 pixels.

Ill figure it out.

centermass181 said:
not the one i was trying to go for. But I like that one better still.

you da man

LOL when you get a chance email me the one you want and I'll swap them out.

Hello, everyone, Tony D. here, former Sergeant of Marines and a friend of Sgt. D's. (The other Sgt. D)

I'm here by proxy as Sgt. D. has seen fit to invite a southerer from south Georgia. :D

Hey, D. no shooting today, all range prep for next Saturday's match. I'll propably be able to get out Friday when Mike gets up from Sarasota.

Well I'll add Cape Cod PRM :( :( And DAMN WELL READY FOR A WEATHER CHANGE! :D I would be intereted in some HP and other ......... I have looked at IDPA but don't know much about it. I think it is some thing I could WARM :wink: up to. PG

propguy said:
LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That did'nt last long :D :shock: :oops:

The sign up defaults to a moderator with no moderator untilites. I haven't figured out how to have it start as a Member yet.

signing in from CT here. I shoot high power at East Windsor Sportsmans, and have shot one match at Reading, 600 yds was definitely a challenge... Did 7 years in the CTARNG, first as an 11C, and then as a musician.

Hey, I'm J_Smith from AR15.com..........originally from Maine........stationed in Boston Mass. with the Coast Guard at the Maritime Safety and Security Team 91110......used to be Army - spent three years in 1st Armored Division in Friedberg Germany.....Now on my fifth AR15 - kinda into FAL's and Sigs and looking into buying a Bushmaster 308........anyways......I live on the South Shore - Plymouth area and looking to go shooting more......I will probably be moving to southern NH this summer due to better gun laws....

Time to sign in! Got an IM from Sgt D on ARFCOM and here I am!

Grew up on South Shore to an anti-gun family. Finally in 1976 my Wife made the fatal mistake of saying "OK, you can buy ONE gun"! Now have a C&R FFL and a lot of old iron, plus a fair number of modern guns. Prize rifle is my pre-ban CAR15. Prize handgun is probably between my Walther P99 in .40 and the S&W 1911 .45.

A bit of background: First job out of college was as a nuclear project engineer on subs in Groton CT (GD/EB). Then returned to MA, worked on missile guidance systems, commercial nuke power plants, and finally computers at the late DEC. One of the founders of the DEC Firearms Notesfile back around 1984ish. I spent 17 years as a Special/Reserve PO plus ~10 years as an Auxiliary PO at BC PD (fun working the dorms and football games). I currently provide computer services to small businesses and work as a Constable.

Firearms activist since ~1977, testify at the Joint Committee on Public Safety hearings on gun laws (a basically worthless effort, none of the legislators pay any attention to what we say). I've served as Legislative Chairman for 3 gun clubs over the years. Currently belong to Braintree R&P Club www.brp.org (a great club, very strict safety rules) and Ames R&P Club in N. Easton http://www.amesriflepistolclub.net/ (best feature is the 200/300yd range).

I try to keep up with the idiotic <anti> gun laws in MA and what we need to do to comply with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom