New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

I'm a fairly new shooter. I recently got my LTC and purchased my first firearm, a S&W M&P 9c. I also shot in my first IDPA match last weekend. I'm here to meet people, and learn as much as I can.. :)
I live is southeastern Mass..

I'm a fairly new shooter. I recently got my LTC and purchased my first firearm, a S&W M&P 9c. I also shot in my first IDPA match last weekend. I'm here to meet people, and learn as much as I can.. :)

Welcome to the crew Jen ... First post and Green you go girl ! [wink] its pays to be green

Rob

You get the prize for coolest new avatar - Welcome and enjoy!

Whats going on people, how are things!? My Name is Bobby, I live in Lynn, Massachusetts. I am fairly new to firearms, so call me a novice. I am in the process of being granted my Class A license, just waiting on the phone call from my local PD, to let me know that my license has arrived. Definately just stubbled on to this web page, while researching firearms, and figured that it would be informative to join. I am looking for a midsize (compact) weapon for my first concealed weapon. I have shot a .40 Sig P229 and a sub-compact M&P 9mm. Looking at the Glock 23 and the Sig P229. I am leaning more toward the Glock 23 at this point, but the only glock you can buy in Ma must be used as you probably already know. I Would Like to buy new, if you have and input that you could share please let me know...

Hello Kimba,

Glad you found the board, great place with tons of good people.
Best of luck on the process and let us know how you make out

Hi, I joined up about a week ago, didn't realize there was a welcome thread.

Live in the hills of western Mass, would rather live in a 2A friendly state like Montana or Texas. [smile]

Have had my LTC-A since leaving the Marines in 1985. If my pants are on, I'm armed. If they are off, my weapon is within reach. My wife also carries, most of the time (working on it:) [thinking]

Big time hunter, into 2A issues and wood art. Member of Easthampton Fish & Game Gun Club and the NRA.

Found the forum off the GOAL link.

Thanks for having me.

Just saying hello to everyone!!!

I just registered and joined the other day. Stopping by to say hello to everyone! My name is Andrey I was shooting almost all my life with a "little" break since i left a service. Glad im back.
This is a great place and im so happy to be a member.
way to go NES!

Hello I just registered the other day. I did shooting when I was younger.
I firmly believe in the second amendment and want to be active in making sure the government doesn't take away that right. I also just enjoy shooting.
I joined the NRA and I will join more groups that will fund the "right".
I live in NH, and will be taking my basic in August and I look forward to taking more classes I want to learn as much as I can. I am currentl reading
The Gravest Extreme by Massad Ayoob, any other read recomendations??
Is anyone else from NH?

Hi All

I just joined the forum today. I've been lurking though since March of this year. I got my LTC Class A in April. So far I have six firearms. I live in Western Mass near Milford. I'm a Computer Engineer and am a regular at First Defense Firearms as well as America's Armed.

My current list of Firearms.

1. Kimber 1911 Eclipse Pro II 45 ACP

2. Smith and Wesson 6906 9mm

3. Para Hawg 9 1911 9mm

4. Mossberg 500 12 gauge shotgun

5. Bushmaster AR15

6. Sig Mosquito 22LR Handgun

I just joined the forum today. I've been lurking though since March of this year. I got my LTC Class A in April. So far I have six firearms. I live in Western Mass near Milford. I'm a Computer Engineer and am a regular at First Defense Firearms as well as America's Armed.

My current list of Firearms.

1. Kimber 1911 Eclipse Pro II 45 ACP

2. Smith and Wesson 6906 9mm

3. Para Hawg 9 1911 9mm

4. Mossberg 500 12 gauge shotgun

5. Bushmaster AR15

6. Sig Mosquito 22LR Handgun

Welcome, you're not far from me.

New Guy

Hello my name is Bill and I live in Worcester. I just finished taking the Basic course in Foxborough. I am in the process of filing out the packet for my Class A license. I am retired military (US Army) and have had very little experience in the way of hand Guns, as I found out at the range. I am looking to start out with the 22 caliber to get the experience, anyone have some suggestions on make and model I would be greatful. I think Northeastshooters is great, and I am glad I joined.

Hi Bill,

Glad to have you here. I would recommend the Sig Mosquito. It's a great little 22 LR. Fun to shoot! [grin]

Hello my name is Bill and I live in Worcester. I just finished taking the Basic course in Foxborough. I am in the process of filing out the packet for my Class A license. I am retired military (US Army) and have had very little experience in the way of hand Guns, as I found out at the range. I am looking to start out with the 22 caliber to get the experience, anyone have some suggestions on make and model I would be greatful. I think Northeastshooters is great, and I am glad I joined.

Hey, all,

I recently joined and am contemplating getting my license. This will, no doubt, be made more difficult due to my wife being one of those rabid gun-haters. She gives my son a hard time about his nerf guns and the "message" they send.

I've learned a tremendous amount about Mass laws just by reading the info on this site. Living in the PR of Northampton, I actually like the idea of having a license to carry amid the so-called intellectual elites around me who disapprove.

Anyway, this is a great site with tons of helpful information. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
I recently joined and am contemplating getting my license. This will, no doubt, be made more difficult due to my wife being one of those rabid gun-haters. She gives my son a hard time about his nerf guns and the "message" they send.

Living in the PR of Northampton, I actually like the idea of have a license to carry amid the so-called intellectual elites around me who disapprove.
Oh, lordy, lordy, lordy... are YOU in for a rough ride. Hang in there, though, because it'll be worth it.

Oh, and welcome to NES. Got some of your neighbors here, in fact - one of our Mods, Mrs WildWeasel, is from that area.

Hi to All

I am a new here, but have been reading all the very interesting comments for the last couple months. I got my LTC class A last Oct. I bought an S&W MP9c for my first handgun. I have yet to fire it though. I guess I could use some moral support from a more exp. shooter. I learned to shoot in the service 30 years ago on the M16. I did not have any trouble at all at the time. Now, being older, I am having some fears of getting hurt, etc. Anyway, from the comments I have read, most here seem to share my views on the 2 Amd, and the rest. Well, nice to be here, and I hope to meet some of you FTF in time!![grin]

Great to have you here Gak44. I am sure there is a few members close to your area that may help you with a trip to the range to become more familiar with the MP9. Best to have some experience with it. This a great group of people so don't feel shy ask any questions you may want.. just try to use the search in case it has been covered at length. Either way enjoy and be safe!

Back
Top Bottom