New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Brother Mark checking in from NH. Some of you may know me from the Appleseed forum. This looks like a terrific site. I'm not quite sure how it is that I was able to overlook it for so long. [wave]

Btw, how do I get my trusty Avatar uploaded? I feel naked without it![sad2]

Hi

I've been a registered user for a few months, but went green today.

My name is Bill, I've lived in Woburn Massahole my entire life. My father loves hunting and introduced me to the sport at a young age (as long as I can remember). I have only more recently been gathering my own collection of firearms. I made sure to get an AR-15 a couple days after the anti... Obama was elected.

I came across NES while looking for some hi-cap Beretta 92 mags, not easy since we live in a less than gun friendly state.

Thanks for such a great site, Bill

P.S. Thanks for the offers guys but I already found the mags, I was just explaining how I came across NES.

Last edited:
I've been lurking here for awhile, but my name is Andy and I live on the South Shore. I became hooked on firearms since my 4 years in the military. I used to quail hunt when I was younger growing up in Texas. My collection is growing slowly, but surely. Anyways, hello all.

What's up ladies and gentlemen, thanks to those of you who served our great country. A little about me, I'm 5'10" and hairy....

Oh and my background - I'm a fat and lazy civilian right now. I got out of the USMC in 1999 after 8 years on active duty. I had a great eight years, but no trigger time/combat. I earned 6 MOS's while I was in, I started out as a truck driver via open contract 3531, then because I raised my hand shortly after getting to my first unit, 1/3, I was OJTed an 0411 (paperwork bizatch) I went to Marksmanship Instructor School (twice actually) and earned the 8531 MOS,,,after my first contract of three years was up I reenlisted to go to Security Forces over in Greece for a year where I earned the 8152 MOS, shorty after arriving in Greece I earned a seat to Army Jump school, Who -ah,,, so I'm not a dirty nasty leg, but I am a five jump chump with my wings and the 9962 MOS.

I left Greece in 95 and for next two years I taught Designated Marksman at the Security Forces Designated Marksman school in Dam Neck VA. We also put on a Marksmanship Instructor School there and I taught at that school while I was there also.

After two years there, I was recruited from Dam Neck by the OIC of CQB school to go work in Chesapeake at MCSF Training Companies CQB school. I finished my time there earning the 8154 MOS.

My last 2 years I spent my time teaching CQB to some of the best from FAST company and other MCSF units. Plus a few local LEO's and a few others.

I finished/graduated from 14 military schools, to include some of the best in the country. I went to OKI on UDP twice, TAD in the Philippines for 90 days, lived in Greece for a year. I went to Scotland and London for a couple of months to cross train with the Royal Marine Commando.

I have shot competitively with the USMC, NRA IPSC and most recently in IDPA matches, and I'd like to get into shooting matches again, but most of the matches are not as close to me as I'd like. I fish in my backyard ( I have a house on a pond), I golf a lot, but never as often as I'd like, and I'm working on my Bachelors in Science in Business Administration with an ultimate goal of earning an MBA someday.

I have a nagging itch to smell gun grease again for a living, and it doesn't help that I have a good friend who wants me to give it all up and go work in Afghanistan as a contractor,, but I dunno. I like being a lazy civilian sometimes.

I usually hangout at leatherneck dot com, or shadow spear dot com, and I was pointed in this direction by a member at shadow spear and so I figured I'd say hello and see who I might run into from the old days.

Semper Fi Marines

Nice to meet you all, and stay safe.

Mike V

Last edited:
Just checking in for the 1st time. I am 40+ year old who is self employed. Growing up as a kid my dad and I would hunt on occasion but that was the extent of my experience. I have a lot of buddies that have thier LTC's and now that I'm older and the kids are grown, I'd like to check off a LTC from my bucket list. This forum seems to be the place to start. I have some questions (bet you did'nt see that comming) about the progression of things and I'm not sure if I should post here or in a general thread. Looks like there are a ton of great advice out here! I'm glad I found this forum.

Hello all. I've been poking around this forum for a couple weeks now, trying to understand these firearm laws in MA, I live in Haverhill. As far as I can tell, it might as well be written in Japanese, but due to the knowledge that flows through these boards, it's more like broken english now. I gotta be honest, I dislike this state...A LOT! And not just due to the gun regulation here. All I have to say is "Taxachusetts" and you'll get my drift. I do keep trying to coax my wife into purchasing a home and moving across the line to NH, but she's hung up on the property tax there and her family here. /facepalm Anyways, I hope to learn much more from you guys and toss some questions out there for you to answer. Glad to be here. =ess=

Hello all! Came across this forum while looking for 3 gun matches in NH, very cool! After being gone from my state for the last 14 years, thanks to the military, it is good to be home. Seems like the state is changing and not for the better, at least down here on the seacoast, guess I need to go back up north! Hope to interact and learn something and throw in my 2 cents!

Hi

Hi,
I'm jude. I live on cape ann. I've been shooting since about 1998, mostly revolvers, and shotguns, but i've been interested lately in small semiautos. after a little break i decided to get back into it. I recently joined the cape ann sportsman club. I found NES while checking out reviews to different semiautos. I find myself to be more a reader and lurker on these forums (the less i say the more i learn). Thanks
J

It's the new guy

Hey, What's going on my new extented internet family. I have been shooting since I was a young kid. I took some time off, and just got my LTC 8 months ago. This is my new passion. I'm married, with 2 wonderful kids 7 and 2. I'm a printer, and don't let work run my life anymore.[smile] I just sold my first AR [crying] to buy plane tickets, that I didn't even want in the first place. "long story". I've been upset eversince.[sad2] A good friend of mine is a long time member of NES, so He showed me the way. Thanks for your time in getting to know me alittle. Also Hello, and good luck to all the other newbies.

Unrestricted Class A in Newton, MA?

Hi Guys,

I just took a gun safety course with the Mass Firearms School and trying to get an unrestricted license ... has anyone had experience with Newton and can advise me on how to proceed?

Thank you!

Newbie from Springfield, MA

Hi all. Been looking through the forums (and even left one post the other day regarding LTC restrictions) and have found a lot of valuable info. Thanks a ton! I found this site when exploring MA gun laws online. I'm registered for the LTC course at S & W for next month and will be applying at PD shortly thereafter for class A. I'm hoping to get "protection" which is the best I can get from them according to the lady I spoke with at the clerk's office. Was told they don't do ALP and usually issue T & H. Wish me luck. [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom