• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Welcome, Aaron.
Ahh, so Milton is the same as Waltham. Never wanted 6 years to go so fast before.

Aaron[MA];727839 said:
Hey all! Aaron here. Love the site so far. Tons of great info!

Been shooting my whole life with relatives and friends, but only just recently got my LTC app filed. Applied in Milton. The LO, Lt. Brian Cherry, seemed like a great guy. He told me that the COP's policy is to give first time applicants a class A target and sport and that when I renew I'll get one with no restrictions.

I see people saying Milton is a green town in other threads, but I'd say its red. I now have to wait 6 years (unless I move and reapply elsewhere) for a license without restrictions - that is if Milton still has the same COP and he keeps his alleged word. 6 years is a long time.

hi everyone, just wanted to say thanks. the info on here is 2nd to none and was a huge help to me. i got my unrestricted class a in 22 days just after x-mas.

Hi for N Central Mass

I found this place from a link on another gun forum. I figured that a local forum would be a good place.
I bought my first gun back in the 70's and have bought and sold several over the years. This will be my first stop every morning.
Thanks for letting me in.

OLAK

hello from southern NH

Hey, I'm Scott, I found this site on google while looking for schematics on my pistols. So where better to sign up. I've been shooting for about 36 yrs., now my next step is to try my hand at reloading.

Hey there menornbury,

Glad you found the site. Some great information here regarding reloading and if you can't find it in a search someone should come along with an answer for you. Enjoy!

Hello fellow shooters ....Bigbird34 (My Ebay & auction arms handle) ...Long time shooter,hunter ,reloader,pistols and rifles,and shotguns....I live in N.W.Vt ,just North of Burlington .....close to Lake Champlain !I found this sight linked to another sight I frequent....Thanks BB34

Hello Everybody,

First post here, must say this sight is awesome and has become a great resource for me in everything firearm related. I've only been shooting for a year an a half now, so i have a lot to learn and this sight will defiantly allow me to expand my knowledge on firearms.

Hello,

My wife and I recently took the NRA basic pistol course, and are taking other NRA courses as they are offered. We live in the NH seacoast area.

We are looking for a friendly resource to both receive and hopefully share handgun related information. Everything from equipment to laws, to places to shoot to competition. There are a lot of firearm forums on the internet, however, I wanted to start with one that is closer to my locale than a broader one. Though I am by no means opposed to joining more than one. Any suggestions welcomed.

I was searching ths internet and came across a forum (I forget where it was) but it was discussing 44 (Obama) and his views on guns etc. Someone posted something that said he (44) was pro gun etc. And then there was a very lucid "counterpoint" from a user that disputed most of the original post, and was very factual and sbnstantiated and was also from the New England area. I think that user is very active in this forum. I thought... "This is the place to start."

By most shooters thoughts we would most likely be classified as beginners, though we have have shot many types of guns (hand, rifle and shot) over the last 30 years with friends and family. But only for "demonstration" type of purposes. We've never owned any firearms (though that is going to change in the next few weeks). Our primary interests are shooting for fun, perhaps target and bulls-eye, and more importantly personal protection while traveling interstate. We travel throughout the US by vehicle and camp in remote areas, state & national parks etc. We feel very vulnerable when sleeping at night. And not just from wildlife.

I suspect you will shortly see some of my questions regarding handgun selection, laws, places to shoot and more in the forums. Anyway, here we are.

P.

Hey guys. My name is Scott, I joined the site about a week ago and went green that night. I don't remember what I was searching for when I came across this site but I'm glad I did. Iam originally from Mass. and have been in the Navy since 2004 and was stationed in Portsmouth, VA. I am now living in Maine and stationed in Portsmouth, NH and set to get out the end of this year. I would like to avoid going back to Mass at all costs as I can't stand liberals (I used to be one but thankfully I grew up).

Hello Usnma,

Thanks for your service.
Glad you found the board and became a member so quickly.
I am sure you will find this forum to be a great place.

new here

hi everyone my name is john just recived my ltc class a unrestricted live in leominster i am gonna join leominster sportsman association [any input on club would be great] now just have to find god deals on some handguns

hi everyone my name is john just recived my ltc class a unrestricted live in leominster i am gonna join leominster sportsman association [any input on club would be great] now just have to find god deals on some handguns

Welcome, John!

For "god" deals you should talk to Fred (flotter390). He seems to be the god of finding absolutely un-frakking-believable guns here in MA.

Good deals can be found in our classified pages.

And punctuation marks can be found on your keyboard just to the right of the "M" key. [wink]

Hey everyone. My name is Matt and I moved to Cambridge from State College, PA not too long ago. It wasn't the smartest move that I have ever made but here I am. I also just obtained my LTC A unrestricted after waiting what seemed like forever.

New member intro

Gents, Ladies,
Found this site while looking for gunshows. Seems like a good group of folks, for a bunch of gun nuts anyway. [wink]
I am retired USN, spent a number of years in support of USMC. Wore my pistol expert ribbon with pride, earned on a USMC range (with the kind coaching of the Gunny serving as range master, who yelled to his buddy who was on the pistol team to loan me his match pistol which I shot with instead of a service issue 45, and then gave me a one on one coaching prior to the group qualification he was running; thanks Gunny, couldn't have done it without you.)
I grew up in rural Vermont, many days I'd get off the school bus from elementary school, pick a rifle or shotgun from the closet, and head into the woods. I've always had a small collection of weapons, most old, handed down through the family. I have added a S&W 9mm, and a Savage 223 Varmiter in recent years.
Like many folks, I've concerns about the new administration. Joined the NRA as a life member last year just to support their legislative efforts. Now I've got a bug in my ear to get an AR. Hope to find someone in VT who wants to sell one or just a lower receiver that I can build on. So I'll be looking around for something like that. Seems those things have become increasingly popular of late; isn't that the law of unintended consequences?.... Antigun polititians drive up sales of the very thing they would seek to control. [rofl]
Thanks for the site, I'll be looking in occasionally.
Charlie

Back
Top Bottom