New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello all! Been a lurker since 2020 and got my LTC in hand in Lowell a couple months ago.
First pick up is a Smith and Wesson Mp2.0

What’s good, illmatik92? Welcome to NES. Grats on the LTC. Thanks for the intro post. Noice. What’s your second buy gonna be? See you around the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

What’s good, illmatik92? Welcome to NES. Grats on the LTC. Thanks for the intro post. Noice. What’s your second buy gonna be? See you around the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]
I’m a fan of the p320. I literally flipped a coin on my first gun purchase... sw mp2.0 vs fde p320 and it landed on SW. the p320 will be my next pistol pick up for sure but I’d also like to build a rifle. I’m expecting another coin flip lol

Hello! I've been reading NES threads since I moved into Massachusetts from CA a few years ago. Have always desired to force myself to get better at things by surrounding myself with people who are better/stronger/smarter/etc. than I am. New to firearms as of last year when both my wife and I got our LTCs. Working hard now to collect some interesting pistols (first), starting with the understanding that as a rank amateur, every pistol is more accurate than I'm currently capable of being :oops:. Hoping to continue learning about all things firearms from the folks contributing to NES. In the meantime, having a LOT of fun at the range!

Thanks to you all for the info and entertainment over the last couple of years!

Hello! I've been reading NES threads since I moved into Massachusetts from CA a few years ago. Have always desired to force myself to get better at things by surrounding myself with people who are better/stronger/smarter/etc. than I am. New to firearms as of last year when both my wife and I got our LTCs. Working hard now to collect some interesting pistols (first), starting with the understanding that as a rank amateur, every pistol is more accurate than I'm currently capable of being :oops:. Hoping to continue learning about all things firearms from the folks contributing to NES. In the meantime, having a LOT of fun at the range!

Thanks to you all for the info and entertainment over the last couple of years!

You pretty much nailed everything in your post. I don’t have much to say lol other than... welcome to NES, RankAmateur! Glad you’re enjoying the community and hope to see you around the forum! And thanks for choosing to support this community by going green!

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Last edited:
Hi Everybody! I've been lurking on here for a while and I figured I'd join and contribute to the community. Got my LTC last year and my collection has been growing as fast as my wallet will allow. Currently waiting on my C&R FFL to come in to get my hands on some eastern bloc pistols.

Hi CZolt99, welcome to NES! [wave] Thanks for the intro post. We all wish our wallets were fatter [laugh] Good luck with the C&R FFL. I'm sure people will love to see pics of those pistols once you get some. Looking forward to see your posts.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi all,

Quick intro; 30 year old British immigrant. I hunted in the UK with my uncle (Deer, Pheasant etc.) but was never big on guns and was certainly very judgmental of US gun culture...until I got here and began to understand the constitution, why it is framed how it is, and why it is important our 2A rights are upheld. After a brief career in politics I made an ideological shift back in 2018, and as part of that have now jumped on the bandwagon and will have my interview tomorrow for my LTC. Excited to make my first purchase in the coming months once the LTC is in my hand!

Hi all,

Quick intro; 30 year old British immigrant. I hunted in the UK with my uncle (Deer, Pheasant etc.) but was never big on guns and was certainly very judgmental of US gun culture...until I got here and began to understand the constitution, why it is framed how it is, and why it is important our 2A rights are upheld. After a brief career in politics I made an ideological shift back in 2018, and as part of that have now jumped on the bandwagon and will have my interview tomorrow for my LTC. Excited to make my first purchase in the coming months once the LTC is in my hand!
Good Luck! I am hoping it gets to you quickly!

Hey guys, new kid on the block here. Just got my Connecticut carry permit and am about to go shopping for my first. Gotta be budget-minded to start as I’m getting married in May and going through some medical stuff so the ca$h is flying out the window lately. Fiancé loves the fact that I’ll be protecting us properly.

I found this site as I was doing a search for constitutional law states. Nowadays I travel through Massachusetts into NH.

I’m looking forward to learning from you guys and working to maintain our rights.

Hi I'm David, I live in Milton, MA and I study engineering at Wentworth. I've been shooting for about 5 years now but I've always loved guns. Something about the engineering and sheer genius involved to create modern weaponry always intrigued me. I recently got my LTC-A and my cousin recommended this site so I decided to join up. So far my experience with people on this site has been nothing but pleasant. Honestly a great asset to anyone who owns a gun and wants more, or needs some buried info.
Hi I'm David, I live in Milton, MA and I study engineering at Wentworth. I've been shooting for about 5 years now but I've always loved guns. Something about the engineering and sheer genius involved to create modern weaponry always intrigued me. I recently got my LTC-A and my cousin recommended this site so I decided to join up. So far my experience with people on this site has been nothing but pleasant. Honestly a great asset to anyone who owns a gun and wants more, or needs some buried info.

Hi all,

Hi UK_Pat37, how's it going? Welcome to NES. Glad to see you're on "our" side now. Hope you enjoy the forum. Looking forward to you posting about your first purchase.

Cheers, mate!
Cindy [mg]

Hey guys, new kid on the block here. Just got my Connecticut carry permit and am about to go shopping for my first. Gotta be budget-minded to start as I’m getting married in May and going through some medical stuff so the ca$h is flying out the window lately. Fiancé loves the fact that I’ll be protecting us properly.

I found this site as I was doing a search for constitutional law states. Nowadays I travel through Massachusetts into NH.

I’m looking forward to learning from you guys and working to maintain our rights.
Hi Steambc,

Welcome to the NES community. Happy to have you aboard. Early congrats. What are you looking at possibly purchasing? See you around the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hey there my names Jace and I’m from Everett, MA. I’ve been shooting since I was a kid and have been licensed for the last decade. I like outdoor 100 yards and hand loading. I’ve used this forum in the past but have only recently joined. Have a great day!
Hi Jace, welcome welcome! Thanks for the intro post. I always appreciate when people take the time to say hello here. It's great reading even just a little bit about our newest members. See ya around in the threads! And thank you for choosing to become a green (paid) member and supporting this wonderful community.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

I recently acquired my LTC. I've been lurking on here a while, finally decided to join. I'm not much of a poster, more of a reader, and I've been reading a lot. Thanks to all of you who contribute on here; your wealth of knowledge and respect for each other is impressive and that alone is worth the price of admission.

Hello, just picked up my LTC a couple weeks ago. I'm looking at the Taurus G3C or SW M&P 2.0. Its a sellers market to say the least, but I'm not sure that will change any time soon so I will have to suck it up.
Hi PKEL13, welcome to NES. Grats on your LTC. Hopefully it didn't take too long to arrive. Hope you have good luck with picking up your first.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

I recently acquired my LTC. I've been lurking on here a while, finally decided to join. I'm not much of a poster, more of a reader, and I've been reading a lot. Thanks to all of you who contribute on here; your wealth of knowledge and respect for each other is impressive and that alone is worth the price of admission.

Hi shootz. Welcome! Glad to have you here. Congrats on your LTC. It's ok, lurking is allowed :) If it weren't for people who read what we posted, we wouldn't be posting them, I think [laugh] Thanks for being here, glad you're finding the community helpful.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi y'all. First time caller, long time listener. I grew up range shooting from time-to-time with my dad and recently got my LTC and hunting license. I am in the Weymouth/Quincy area. I will probably get a 9mm pistol for CCW, and some sort of rifle - either a .22 plinker or something more robust for hunting.

1) Any recommendations for a store by me? I always see people at Hunter's Trading Post/Weymouth or Sportman's Den/Quincy, was curious if people lean one way or another.

2) Any gun clubs by Weymouth offer classes or trips for hunting? And also in the 'younger' 25-40 years old crowd? I was thinking of joining the Braintree Gun Club since it's a convenient location, but open to travel down rt. 3 if other clubs offer a more robust program for younger folks. I've never been hunting and don't know anyone else who does so I am looking for like-minded friends.

Thanks for any advice on above and cheers!

Last edited:
Hi all,

Welcome back from the dark side. Good luck with your LTC. Green is best way to show your not red.

Hi all, my name is Tom. I live in Chelmsford, MA. I recently joined NES after talking to a longtime member friend of mine. I’ve been lurking around reading a lot of the posts and figured now was a good time to finally post. I’ve been hunting and shooting since I was young kid. I also took up reloading maybe 7 years ago. I like all of the shooting sports, but have been spending most of my gun time on F-class shooting (only at the club level, no real competitions). Looking forward to being a part of NES.

Hi y'all. First time caller, long time listener. I grew up range shooting from time-to-time with my dad and recently got my LTC and hunting license. I am in the Weymouth/Quincy area. I will probably get a 9mm pistol for CCW, and some sort of rifle - either a .22 plinker or something more robust for hunting.

1) Any recommendations for a store by me? I always see people at Hunter's Trading Post/Weymouth or Sportman's Den/Quincy, was curious if people lean one way or another.

2) Any gun clubs by Weymouth offer classes or trips for hunting? And also in the 'younger' 25-40 years old crowd? I was thinking of joining the Braintree Gun Club since it's a convenient location, but open to travel down rt. 3 if other clubs offer a more robust program for younger folks. I've never been hunting and don't know anyone else who does so I am looking for like-minded friends.

Thanks for any advice on above and cheers!
Hi Bill, grats on your recent LTC. I grew up in Quincy (live out of state now) and lived there for many years. Sportmans' Den in Quincy is pretty great. Ron is a nice guy and his dog used to be around the shop a lot when I dropped in for visits. I think you're gonna have a hard time finding 'younger folks' at the gun clubs. Your best bet is probably make some friends here on NES or make some new friends at whichever club you end up joining. I was a member at Braintree R&P at the time. I do miss those open 24/7, no RSO (on the indoor ranges) clubs. Don't have those where I live now [crying] See ya around the forum. Thanks for the intro post.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi all, my name is Tom. I live in Chelmsford, MA. I recently joined NES after talking to a longtime member friend of mine. I’ve been lurking around reading a lot of the posts and figured now was a good time to finally post. I’ve been hunting and shooting since I was young kid. I also took up reloading maybe 7 years ago. I like all of the shooting sports, but have been spending most of my gun time on F-class shooting (only at the club level, no real competitions). Looking forward to being a part of NES.
Hi Tom! Welcome to NES. Thanks for going green and supporting a great community with a wealth of knowledge. Look forward to seeing your posts around the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Another new member. I’ve lurked here since it was recommended at my ltc class in ‘07 (maybe?). I joined because as I’m getting older I’m kind of forced to change my hobbies and I decided to spend more time shooting. Very unfortunate timing on my part and a slap in the face when I tried to fill my shopping list last fall.

My family was in the industry for years and I’ve shot quite a bit. I pretty much stopped for a while when I had to buy my own stuff and didn’t have much free time. I shoot for fun and enjoy clays and steel the most. M1 Carbine is my all-time favorite to shoot. Currently shopping for a club of my own – Ames and Mansfield are convenient, I’ve shot at Plymouth a number of times and like it a lot but they’re full. Looking forward to getting out and shooting soon.

Hi all.. Back in business since letting my LTC expire in 1998. Took 6 months for a renewal! much longer than new application and a lot of hoops. Picked up Sig P365 for edc and will be slowly adding back to the collection. We used to use bullets in the 90's. Now I guess you just throw the gun ant the bad guy or target? 9mm ammo seems to have up and left the building.

Hi all.. Back in business since letting my LTC expire in 1998. Took 6 months for a renewal! much longer than new application and a lot of hoops. Picked up Sig P365 for edc and will be slowly adding back to the collection. We used to use bullets in the 90's. Now I guess you just throw the gun ant the bad guy or target? 9mm ammo seems to have up and left the building.
yeesh six months, that blows. I got mine recently too. There is plenty of .40 around 😃

Another new member. I’ve lurked here since it was recommended at my ltc class in ‘07 (maybe?). I joined because as I’m getting older I’m kind of forced to change my hobbies and I decided to spend more time shooting. Very unfortunate timing on my part and a slap in the face when I tried to fill my shopping list last fall.

My family was in the industry for years and I’ve shot quite a bit. I pretty much stopped for a while when I had to buy my own stuff and didn’t have much free time. I shoot for fun and enjoy clays and steel the most. M1 Carbine is my all-time favorite to shoot. Currently shopping for a club of my own – Ames and Mansfield are convenient, I’ve shot at Plymouth a number of times and like it a lot but they’re full. Looking forward to getting out and shooting soon.
Hi Cam8! Welcome to NES. Thanks for being a green member and supporting this community. Wow, you're a long time lurker! Thanks for the intro post then. Nice, I love the M1 Carbine. Cool, I haven't shot much on the South Shore. But I've been to Braintree R&P and Holbrook before and some out west and some up north. See you around the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi Rossi. Thanks for supporting the community by being a green member! Welcome back to LTC world. Looks like the P365 is similar in size to the Glock43 (which is my EDC). Good luck finding ammo [laugh] ...for a decent price, at least.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Back
Top Bottom