New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hi I'm David and I study engineering at Wentworth. I've been shooting for about 5 years now but I've always loved guns. Something about the engineering and sheer genius involved to create modern weaponry always intrigued me. I recently got my LTC-A and my cousin recommended this site so I decided to join up. So far my experience with people on this site has been nothing but pleasant. Honestly a great asset to anyone who owns a gun and wants more, or needs some buried info.

Last edited:
Hi all, wmass resident here. Been lurking and finally got LTC in the mail today. I've shot but never been a gun owner-- that's about to change.
Hi river, welcome. Grats on the LTC. How long did it take you? Hopefully it wasn't super long... What are your plans for your first? Inquiring minds would love to know :)

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hey folks my names Bill im from Fall River Ma . Great site happy to be here !
Hi Drax / Bill. Thanks for sayin' hello and making this thread. Glad to have new folks join the community. Welcome! See you around.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi I'm David, I live in Milton, MA and I study engineering at Wentworth. I've been shooting for about 5 years now but I've always loved guns. Something about the engineering and sheer genius involved to create modern weaponry always intrigued me. I recently got my LTC-A and my cousin recommended this site so I decided to join up. So far my experience with people on this site has been nothing but pleasant. Honestly a great asset to anyone who owns a gun and wants more, or needs some buried info.
Hi David, ahhhh Milton, right next to where I grew up and lived for many years. Ahhhh Wentworth, right next to where I went to college. Glad to have you aboard on the site. So happy to hear you've had nothing but pleasant experiences with the people of NES. I couldn't agree with you more. I found this site through an LTC owning friend of mine... I don't even know if he was a member or not but he sure showed me links to this site long before I got my license, etc. Great site, great people. See you around.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Last edited:
Hello, i am Mason from waltham. Just got my ltc today and hopefully i can learn from here and buy a gun pretty soon.

Hi Mason, Welcome to NES. Congrats on your LTC. Do you have any you have your eye on yet? It's best to just go somewhere to hold some and see how they fit. I would also consider hitting a range that has rentals so you can really try some guns out. But with current conditions though, I don't know if that would work for you. Good luck and see see you around the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi Mason, Welcome to NES. Congrats on your LTC. Do you have any you have your eye on yet? It's best to just go somewhere to hold some and see how they fit. I would also consider hitting a range that has rentals so you can really try some guns out. But with current conditions though, I don't know if that would work for you. Good luck and see see you around the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]
I went to Four seasons and saw couple pieces there. Mike was very nice and understandable. The place was packed and i wasn’t expecting that many people...
I do have big hands so when i was asked what kind of gun i was looking for, i said protection gun and gee the ones i saw first were very small and i couldn’t see myself getting one like the sig p320 and another gun that comes as a package, pinky was hanging out :)
I then asked for a bigger gun and saw a ruger and also another one that i can’t recall the name but didn’t like as they didn’t have a safety and the position for mag release were not the best for my hand. They had a g17 and wanted to check it out but i wasn’t able to... it was late and you can see the salesman were shot and wanted to go home...
A friend of mine is taking me Sunday to his local range/club and we are going to try couple guns.
I am looking for a gun for home protection and in my case as a big guy the holster is going to be an issue for me as i am 300lbs and it’s going to pinch me.
Atm i am eyeballing the hk vp9 or s&w m&p2.0 or even 1911.
I should make my own post maybe to get some help and sorry i talk too much :)

Last edited:
Hey Mason, what was your process like? I was told they were not doing in person meetings due to COVID. How long from dropping your application off did it take?
11/4/20 dropped off application
11/30 interview over the phone
12/2 fingerprint and picture
12/8 called the hotline phone, girl said pending activation/meaning they are reviewing it
12/22 called the hotline again, guy said “approved by the police but pending approval, wait a month?”
12/30 called the hotline again, guy said it was activated and sent to the police station
1/7 got a phone call to pick up the ltc

11/4/20 dropped off application
11/30 interview over the phone
12/2 fingerprint and picture
12/8 called the hotline phone, girl said pending activation/meaning they are reviewing it
12/22 called the hotline again, guy said “approved by the police but pending approval, wait a month?”
12/30 called the hotline again, guy said it was activated and sent to the police station
1/7 got a phone call to pick up the ltc
Thanks. They told me everything is on hold until COVID lightens up. I dropped my application off on 11/18.

Hi NES, new member from down on the south coast of Ma. Been lurking for a while figured it was time to register. Already learned a lot from this site, especially about TSUSA. Look forward to learning even more.

Hi NES, new member from down on the south coast of Ma. Been lurking for a while figured it was time to register. Already learned a lot from this site, especially about TSUSA. Look forward to learning even more.

Hi Highridge, welcome to NES. The South Coast, huh? Nice. Thanks for the intro post after some lurkin', always appreciate when lurkers decide to write a little introduction post for us. Look forward to seeing you post in forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi all,
Newb from Lowell here. I have been target shooting of and on over the years but am new to gun ownership Just got my LTC this week. Looking forward to learning and getting more active in this sport / hobby.

Best all
--steve
Hi Steve! Can I ask- how long was the wait?

Is anyone else having luck getting their LTC in Waltham? I dropped my application off 11/18/2020 and they said everything is on hold until further notice due to COVID. Is that even allowed?
Not Waltham but, I'll pass this on- My Wife had her "interview" in Peabody last week and officer said that the state had 1700 new applicants in December and they are currently running about 12 weeks turn around time.

Welcome to All the new members and possibly New Shooters who join Our Ranks daily!.

You have come into this at a time of turmoil, limited supply, political upheaval and an unsure future.

But, I say Have Faith!

We are here to help and guide you. If you can not find answers to your questions in the "Search" link in the upper right corner of this page, ASK THE QUESTION.

We will do our best to help and guide you along the way... As we were Guided by those who Came Before Us...

Safe shooting!
~Enbloc

Back
Top Bottom