New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

BTW my 20 year old son has your avatar photo tattooed on his forear
Aye, similar blood here. I have tattoos with similar symbolism but not the helm of awe (aegishjalmir). My profile name are two old Norse words, (skera = cut, Muninn = memory) I'm terrible with language so I won't even attempt to sell it to ya as a phase or anything clever.

From the looks of dealer inventory, I think I'll be able to get my hands on a vp9 and/or p365xl.
I guess after that it's just about taking pain in the form of pricey ammo

Hey all, just wanted to check back in and say thank you to all the moderators and members that keep this forum going. I'm a few days into my membership and just got my green status approved. To any new members that read this Don't forget to go green! There's a lot dumber things you could do with 20 bucks.

Hi folks! New here and new to guns in general. Longtime NH resident and decided to put a couple hundred acres of land to use and take up marksmanship. Happy to be here!
Welcome, with that much land you'll have no problem making friends here lol. I'm jealous, the furthest I've been able to stretch out to is 600yds.

New guy here, seems like a great place to talk, and possibly trade or buy! I don’t have much but fairly new to this in a way, as a kid shot .22’s with my father then really nothing more, this summer after much procrastination got my LTC and joined a small club and have been trying to get there every weekend-having a lot of fun with it and already bought my second last weekend!
I now have a Shield 9mm and an older S&W 1911
80C76596-48A6-45AC-8F2E-FFEC1D9CEC5E.jpeg

Hello all. New member here from Winchester, Massachusetts. I really love the forum and discussions so far. I just joined, so, I may not be "green" as of yet.
Welcome to NES. It would be dangerous for me to live that close to 4seasons!
Hi all, new member here from Central MA. Joined based on a recommendation from a friend. Have had an LTC for a while (2nd renewal due this spring), but rarely took advantage of it. Looking to change that especially as politics are shifting.
Welcome aboard! Dems in office always have an effect on "discretionary spending" for me too. LOL

Last edited:
Good evening everyone! I joined a couple years back and military life, fighting the VA, then full time college while working has kept me busy! Totally forgot about this forum, I won’t lie lol. But I’m back and trying to be active, learn as much as I can, and offer help where it’s asked.
Hopefully I can join a local club soon because I can count on one hand how times I’ve been to an range since 2017!! I’ll try and go “green” ASAP! Thank you!

Hi everyone, new member here from Wilmington, MA. Older guy who finally got around to getting an LTC. Seems to be a tough time to be getting into the sport/hobby with the ammo and handgun shortages depending on what you are looking for. I hope to be able to continue to learn and contribute for years to come.

Welcome to NES to all of the FNG's. It's always good to see new members because it means that the number of people interested in firearms, and our rights to own, them are growing. Just applying for and getting an LTC shows that you are serious about preserving what many people in the rest of the country take for granted.

Seems to be a tough time to be getting into the sport/hobby with the ammo and handgun shortages depending on what you are looking for.
I hope that this will not discourage you. You should also know that even in the best of times, there is a strange phenomenon in Mass that I call "Gun shop Grumpy". It's been talked about on the forum many times. I am not sure why it exists, but it probably has something to do with lots of tire kickers and that some gun owners like to window shop as a form of entertainment.
There are a few things you can do. First is try to narrow down what you are looking for before you look to buy. Go to the rental places and see what you like and then keep your eyes open for it. You get a lot better results if you call a shop and say " I am looking for a 1911. Do have any in stock?" As opposed to, "Hey I am new to guns, can I spend an hour finger f***ing your inventory and then leave because I don't like the way anything feels in my hand?"

Don't be afraid to buy a quality used gun. If properly cared for, a decent firearm will last forever. Most people will never shoot out a barrel. If you do, buy another one. The classified here are a good place to look.
Rim fire and even quality air rifles and pistols are a good way to get shooting for short money. Sig now makes quality stuff that are great for training and the triggers and action are very realistic, with the added benefit that you can shoot in your back yard.

Welcome aboard new folks. Don't get discouraged. Shoot often and shoot safe.

Welcome to NES to all of the FNG's. It's always good to see new members because it means that the number of people interested in firearms, and our rights to own, them are growing. Just applying for and getting an LTC shows that you are serious about preserving what many people in the rest of the country take for granted.

I hope that this will not discourage you. You should also know that even in the best of times, there is a strange phenomenon in Mass that I call "Gun shop Grumpy". It's been talked about on the forum many times. I am not sure why it exists, but it probably has something to do with lots of tire kickers and that some gun owners like to window shop as a form of entertainment.
There are a few things you can do. First is try to narrow down what you are looking for before you look to buy. Go to the rental places and see what you like and then keep your eyes open for it. You get a lot better results if you call a shop and say " I am looking for a 1911. Do have any in stock?" As opposed to, "Hey I am new to guns, can I spend an hour finger f***ing your inventory and then leave because I don't like the way anything feels in my hand?"

Don't be afraid to buy a quality used gun. If properly cared for, a decent firearm will last forever. Most people will never shoot out a barrel. If you do, buy another one. The classified here are a good place to look.
Rim fire and even quality air rifles and pistols are a good way to get shooting for short money. Sig now makes quality stuff that are great for training and the triggers and action are very realistic, with the added benefit that you can shoot in your back yard.

Welcome aboard new folks. Don't get discouraged. Shoot often and shoot safe.
This is really very helpful advice. I tested a few rentals To see what I would like for home and carry options, and it helped me from making from poor choices for what I’m comfortable with right now. Thanks for taking the time to write this.

This is really very helpful advice. I tested a few rentals To see what I would like for home and carry options, and it helped me from making from poor choices for what I’m comfortable with right now. Thanks for taking the time to write this.

I did the same. I took a day to go to Manchester Firing Line. When my LTC came in I knew exactly what I wanted and went out and bought them.
Also, if you are a GREEN member and want to know about a particular firearm, post a thread and ask about it. You will be surprised at how many people will offer to let you shoot theirs.
NES is first and foremost a community of firearms enthusiasts, and as such, most of us enjoy helping other shooters pursue our common interests. Best 21 bucks I have ever spent... well... except that time in Tijuana when I was a young Marine....

Hello all,

Newbie here, though I've been lurking for the past few years. This forum has proved to be a huge resource when applying for my LTC-A! I've had previous exposure to firearms via my father but I've been working on becoming a better shot with my handguns since getting my LTC-A. What a time to need cheap ammo am I right [laugh].

Hello all,

Newbie here, though I've been lurking for the past few years. This forum has proved to be a huge resource when applying for my LTC-A! I've had previous exposure to firearms via my father but I've been working on becoming a better shot with my handguns since getting my LTC-A. What a time to need cheap ammo am I right [laugh].
Welcome and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Hey everyone, longtime shooter from RI here just joining up. Should have done this a long time ago....looking forward to the good info on the site, and glad to have some local insight.

I'm into shooting my ARs long and short range, pistol and shotgun too. Been reloading pistol, 9mm and .45, for a while now, starting to get into loading for rifle, .223 for now. Also have some minor experience casting, though I haven't done much recently. Looking to change that....

Merry Christmas!

Hey everyone, longtime shooter from RI here just joining up. Should have done this a long time ago....looking forward to the good info on the site, and glad to have some local insight.

I'm into shooting my ARs long and short range, pistol and shotgun too. Been reloading pistol, 9mm and .45, for a while now, starting to get into loading for rifle, .223 for now. Also have some minor experience casting, though I haven't done much recently. Looking to change that....

Merry Christmas!

Nice! Welcome to NES. Looking forward to your input on the forum.

Merry Christmas

Back
Top Bottom