New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello all,

Recently returning to the forum after many years absence. My name is Alan. I live in north central Worcester County. I am a long-time firearms instructor with law enforcement experience. In the near future I hope to post in the instructor thread and list my new class.

Hello All - Been on this forum for a while but never posted. This forum helped me a lot in picking out my firearm and reading what NOT to do. I am just a little north of Boston and looking for a home to shoot at. Any recommedations are welcome!

-G

Hello all,

Recently returning to the forum after many years absence. My name is Alan. I live in north central Worcester County. I am a long-time firearms instructor with law enforcement experience. In the near future I hope to post in the instructor thread and list my new class.
Welcome back Alan.

Hello All - Been on this forum for a while but never posted. This forum helped me a lot in picking out my firearm and reading what NOT to do. I am just a little north of Boston and looking for a home to shoot at. Any recommedations are welcome!

-G
What up G? Welcome to NES. If you are close, Harvard is the way to go. MRA in Woburn is a little closer and so is Reading. Check out this-

You can always head over to Mass Firearms in Holliston until you find a club. It's a nice facility and is only about 30 minutes from Newton on the pike.
And don't be afraid to ask questions based on your specific interests. Some clubs cater more to shotgun sports, some rifle, some pistol etc.
Look forward to bumping into on the forum.

Just joined, out of Holyoke. Tried to drop off mine, wires and step sons LTC application today in holyoke. He left early of course. Now I have to wait a week. We took our course at Pioneer valley arms this past weekend.

Welcome, I'm across the river from you. PVA arms is a great gun shop and Kendall is awesome to work with.

Just joined out of Dedham, MA. Been lurking for a while and have gotten a lot of info from this site along the way, figured I'd sign up.

I shoot down at Braintree with my M1 Garand, Uberti 1860 Henry (.45LC), Ruger Vaquero (.45LC), P226, P232, Colt Army BP in .45, some clays, and my carry piece, Sig P365. Also hit MFS when my brother convinces me to go out that way.

Hi everyone! It’s so awkward writing one of these intro posts... so here I go. I’ve been lurking a bit soaking up the information and resources y’all have so kindly provided from firearms to updates on the current situation.... I may need to set a timer as I’ve gone down the proverbial rabbit hole more than once. Oh and the sense of humor I’ve found from many posters... two thumbs up!

I live in Essex County. I didn’t even remotely grow up around firearms... though I’m pretty sure my maternal grandfather may have had something stashed from his time in WW2... so fair warning, I’m still learning and most likely will ask rookie questions. I took my class last October, applied in December and just received my LTC in the mail Monday. I live in a red city, so it has restrictions... I wasn’t surprised as I’d been told such by others in my city, my instructor and this board. Is it realistic for a civilian to get law enforcement training? That is the bar the firearms issuing officer placed when I inquired as to removing restrictions in the future.

I tend to post in spurts then lay low, then post again. Look forward to seeing “you” around the forum!

-G
You shouldn’t shoot at homes. You may get arrested for that.

Hi everyone! It’s so awkward writing one of these intro posts... so here I go. I’ve been lurking a bit soaking up the information and resources y’all have so kindly provided from firearms to updates on the current situation.... I may need to set a timer as I’ve gone down the proverbial rabbit hole more than once. Oh and the sense of humor I’ve found from many posters... two thumbs up!

I live in Essex County. I didn’t even remotely grow up around firearms... though I’m pretty sure my maternal grandfather may have had something stashed from his time in WW2... so fair warning, I’m still learning and most likely will ask rookie questions. I took my class last October, applied in December and just received my LTC in the mail Monday. I live in a red city, so it has restrictions... I wasn’t surprised as I’d been told such by others in my city, my instructor and this board. Is it realistic for a civilian to get law enforcement training? That is the bar the firearms issuing officer placed when I inquired as to removing restrictions in the future.

I tend to post in spurts then lay low, then post again. Look forward to seeing “you” around the forum!
Depends how they define it. If you can say the name of the town, we might be able to help. Or you might try reaching out to Comm2A

...Is it realistic for a civilian to get law enforcement training? That is the bar the firearms issuing officer placed when I inquired as to removing restrictions in the future.
That sounds a little hinky, but look at it this way: If he says that, and it discourages 50-60% of new licensees from pursuing it, so-be-it.
What he's saying is not right. When you come up for a renewal ask for an Unrestricted LTC, then tell him that he can check the records and see there is no legitimate reason to deny you a full LTC. Stick to your guns and stay strong. If he still says no, ask him for a written refusal and ask for an appointment with the Chief of Police.

Hello. Moved here from the West Coast and I'm new to the area and looking to learn from the locals here on where to shoot and teach my kids about firearms safety and responsibilities. Just got my FIC and need to get a training certificate to get my restriction removed for my LTC.

Hello. Moved here from the West Coast and I'm new to the area and looking to learn from the locals here on where to shoot and teach my kids about firearms safety and responsibilities. Just got my FIC and need to get a training certificate to get my restriction removed for my LTC.
If you are in Berkshire County I can help you find a place to shoot.

Welcome to NES! New folks should check in here and say HI!

Tell us about yourself...Where you live, your firearms experience, and how you found Northeastshooters! Thanks!
Checking in Green again. Air Force Vet living on the North Shore. Been viewing the pages for years. Working construction in Boston till recently. Enjoy shooting when I can get to the range otherwise tend to a few safe queens.
Other interests skiing and harleys.

Welcome to NES thank you for your service.Enjoy the ride on here sometimes it'a a bumpy one. LOL!

That sounds a little hinky, but look at it this way: If he says that, and it discourages 50-60% of new licensees from pursuing it, so-be-it.
What he's saying is not right. When you come up for a renewal ask for an Unrestricted LTC, then tell him that he can check the records and see there is no legitimate reason to deny you a full LTC. Stick to your guns and stay strong. If he still says no, ask him for a written refusal and ask for an appointment with the Chief of Police.

Thank you for the feedback... it was just so odd to me I thought I’d see what others had to say. An unrestricted from this city is a recently added bucket list item and I’m not easily discouraged. Plus now I have a better game plan.

You're welcome. Like anything in life that one wants, you must stick to your 'guns' and push headlong into your desires.
Don't take 'No' for an answer. Especially when You are in-the-right.
~Enbloc

Just wanted to check in here, Im a a USMC combat vet living in Somerville. That being said I still have a ton to learn and am impressed with all the knowledge I've found while lurking this site. Looking forward to being an active member in this community!
Welcome Devil Dog. Semper Fi. There are a few of us here.

Back
Top Bottom