New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hi Matt! Now that you've had plenty of time to lurk and shop around, what's your first gun going to be? Inquiring minds are on the edge of their computer chairs! Hopefully, by now, you've received "the call"? Let us know! See you around.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

I think I want a p320 x5 legion for competition, maybe a mp shield for carry. But honestly, once I finally get the call, I'll probably plan a trip to mass firearms school and rent a few before I decide.

I think I want a p320 x5 legion for competition, maybe a mp shield for carry. But honestly, once I finally get the call, I'll probably plan a trip to mass firearms school and rent a few before I decide.

That is a great choice. Try out as many guns as you can reasonably afford to rent and see what you like best.

Hi All,
Just wanted to say hello and thank you to all that have a part in making this site what it is. I've gotten a lot of good info and useful tips from this site. After lurking for awhile, I was happy to sign up as a member and try to give a little back. Hoping my LTC process comes back soon, so I can hit some of the shops noted here and find something to use at my club in Marshfield. Thanks for having me!

Hi All,
Just wanted to say hello and thank you to all that have a part in making this site what it is. I've gotten a lot of good info and useful tips from this site. After lurking for awhile, I was happy to sign up as a member and try to give a little back. Hoping my LTC process comes back soon, so I can hit some of the shops noted here and find something to use at my club in Marshfield. Thanks for having me!

Hi Jd, welcome to NES. Thank you so much for your support of this community by going green. Glad you found lots of great information here! I also did too when I first got into guns. Many others as well. Good luck on your LTC. I hope you get it really soon. Did you narrow down some choices yet as your first? See you around the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi there! Long time lurker, but wanted to say hello.... Len S knows me well.....From another Forum, and I've "Enabled" him a few times.....

Hi Class3NH! welcome to NES. Thanks for the introduction as your first post. Don't be shy now [cheers] Len is a great guy. Happy to call him my friend as well.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi Jd, welcome to NES. Thank you so much for your support of this community by going green. Glad you found lots of great information here! I also did too when I first got into guns. Many others as well. Good luck on your LTC. I hope you get it really soon. Did you narrow down some choices yet as your first? See you around the forum.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Hi Class3NH! welcome to NES. Thanks for the introduction as your first post. Don't be shy now [cheers] Len is a great guy. Happy to call him my friend as well.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]
Thanks Mini !! I've been a Ma Resident, former FFL and SOT in Mass..( been carrying for over 45 Years, had my LTC at 19 but couldn't buy a Handgun... Got my "Green Card" at 23 yrs old and have a "Few" Form 4 type guns...... made the jump to NH 20 years ago...Still in the "Gun Game" working P/T for another FFL slightly North of Portsmouth.. KTP.....I may have "enabled " you at some point in time too LOL

Hi there! Long time lurker, but wanted to say hello.... Len-2A knows me well.....From another Forum, and I've "Enabled" him a few times.....
Well, welcome to NES! Yes indeed, and I expect to see you more often. We are moving to NH permanently, probably in March (assuming no snow or mud to impact movers at either end). I hope all is well with you.

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]

Cheers,
Cindy [mg]
Thanks Cindy, not sure what I'll buy first. I've tried several different handguns. I'm sure I'll end up buying more than one on my first visit though.

Thanks Mini !! I've been a Ma Resident, former FFL and SOT in Mass..( been carrying for over 45 Years, had my LTC at 19 but couldn't buy a Handgun... Got my "Green Card" at 23 yrs old and have a "Few" Form 4 type guns...... made the jump to NH 20 years ago...Still in the "Gun Game" working P/T for another FFL slightly North of Portsmouth.. KTP.....I may have "enabled " you at some point in time too LOL

I'm not even sure if I want to know what you may have "enabled" me at some point. Dare I ask for clarification? o_O [laugh]

Last edited:
Hello all! My name is Christian and live in Grafton, Ma and I am in the process of getting my LTC, I handed in my application about a week ago and hope to have it soon! Thanks for the approval to join.

Welcome aboard.
I hope your town issues quickly. Some towns do not.

But do not get discouraged, that is what they want. They want it to be such a pain in the ass that people won't bother. Use this time to research what guns you might be interested in. (Notice that I wrote guns? Plural. Yeah... we know)
Pro tip: The recently improved forum search function works very well. Many of the questions you have or will have, have been discussed and you can certainly jump right in to a thread with your own questions/ opinion about a subject.
Every thing from favorite carry guns, ammo, holsters and belts, you name it. It's probably in here.

Hi, my name is Brad and I joined awhile ago but didn't know there was a thread like this. I live in Haverhill and I have had my LTC for almost a year now. I'm a member at HHRG and love to bring friends and new shooters down to the club to throw rounds down range and make a mess with the brass.

Welcome!!!
Our laws suck, but MD is much worse.

I moved 10 years ago, so some things may have changed, but here's my checklist.

1) Bring your guns with you on moving day. If you bring them in later you have to register them with the state. Lock them up (safe, locking hard case or trigger locks) and don't touch them until you get your license. You have a 60 day grace period to store (not use) them without a license.

2) When you apply for your license, apply for the LTC (license to carry pistols concealed). The cost and process is the same. Even if you only have long guns get your LTC. There's no reason not to.

3) If you can, take the state required safety course before you move. It gets you a jump on the requirements to apply. Your town and the state must process your application in 40 days, but many MA towns ignore that law and it can take longer.

4) You'll need a (temp) MA driver's license. For that you'll need proof of residency. An appartment contract, utility bill or similar works. As soon as you move in, get that MA temp driver's license then apply for your LTC.

Before I moved I came into MA and took the firearms safety course weeks before I moved. The day after we moved in (with my guns) I took the house rental contract to the RMV and walked out with my temp driver's license. I think I had pre-arranged the application appointment with the town PD for 2 days after we moved. I'm in a pro-2A town and it took 57 days to get my LTC.

Last edited:
Hey all, lurking for a while and finally decided to join. Looks like a great site with a lot of info for MA and NH. I live metrowest Boston. I used to belong to Harvard years ago but let the membership lapse due to time / family. Kids are older now do I am getting back into it. I do most of my shooting on ME (family property) but I am considering joining here in MA again.

Been here about a year but here's my first post! *Anyone in MA, what's a reasonable amount of land you would need to safely/legally create a decent short range in your yard, maybe 50-100 yds range? I live in a densely populated area but going to be searching in the next couple years for a new place to move. Any insight is appreciated.

New to site. Just got LTC a few months ago. Just purchased first hand gun. From MA so I am interested in learning all the laws pertaining to my “friendly” state....looking forward to all the great articles...

Been here about a year but here's my first post! *Anyone in MA, what's a reasonable amount of land you would need to safely/legally create a decent short range in your yard, maybe 50-100 yds range? I live in a densely populated area but going to be searching in the next couple years for a new place to move. Any insight is appreciated.
I'd say you need about 50 to 100 yards. ;)

Lol! I'm more concerned about distance from other houses, roads, places people might be walking in the woods etc.
This is a decent thread on the topic

I finally have taken a course to apply for my ltc!!!! Just stopping in to say hello. I have a ton of reading to do here, I figured I would join. Hope to learn alot from you here! I'm new to firearms in general besides a few days with friends blowing rounds off at targets. I am a transplant from CT for about 12 years now, and by my research, (which I have done unfortunately too late) should have kept going north a state or two!

I finally have taken a course to apply for my ltc!!!! Just stopping in to say hello. I have a ton of reading to do here, I figured I would join. Hope to learn alot from you here! I'm new to firearms in general besides a few days with friends blowing rounds off at targets. I am a transplant from CT for about 12 years now, and by my research, (which I have done unfortunately too late) should have kept going north a state or two!
Good luck with the process. There are a couple of threads here about the ease or difficulties of your town (city) in the ltc process. Hopefully you are in a green town.

Hi all...just joined the forums...My name is Paul, been shooting all my life Qualified expert in the U.S. army with the m-16 now have a 22 and 9 mm hand gun and 22 and 9 mm pcc rifle and a 12 gauge shotgun. just got home from the range and the guy at the range told me about this site.
Does anyone know where to get 9 mm range ammo cheap?
Thanks

Hi all...just joined the forums...My name is Paul, been shooting all my life Qualified expert in the U.S. army with the m-16 now have a 22 and 9 mm hand gun and 22 and 9 mm pcc rifle and a 12 gauge shotgun. just got home from the range and the guy at the range told me about this site.
Thanks
Welcome! And thanks for your Service!

Target Sports USA for mail-order (free shipping on cases)

Four Seasons Firearms in Woburn also frequently has sales on ammo that make it close to TSUSA and they are great people to deal with. https://www.fsguns.com

Great to see all of the new folks here! Welcome! I hope you all shoot often, shoot safe and support our 2A rights whenever you get a chance

I think where the range is located (municipality) is probably more important.
New to site. Just got LTC a few months ago. Just purchased first hand gun. From MA so I am interested in learning all the laws pertaining to my “friendly” state....looking forward to all the great articles...
Ain't it a great feeling? Way better than a new car. It's really cool getting to know a new gun. My first purchase was two guns, I still have them both, have shot the ever living shit out of them, and still do. They both still run great. I would never part with them and really couldn't sell them if I wanted to. "LNIB, barely broken in with just 47,000 rounds fired..."
So what did you pick up for your first handgun?
Lol! I'm more concerned about distance from other houses, roads, places people might be walking in the woods etc.
Backstops and burms. You want to know exactly where every round will come to rest, no matter how much land you have.
Just joined, out of Holyoke. Tried to drop off mine, wires and step sons LTC application today in holyoke. He left early of course. Now I have to wait a week. We took our course at Pioneer valley arms this past weekend.
Good stuff. Great when the whole family shoots. I hope your wait is short.

Lots of good info here and the knowledge base keeps growing. The forums new search function is very helpful. It's pretty likely that if you have a question, about damn near anything, it has been asked before.
Thanks
Yep, Target Sports is the way to go. But FWIW Mass Firearms usually has a decent deal on 9mm target ammo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom